Magic of the Fjords
- Our saving
- US $ 996
- Visit the impressive Royal Palace
- Ride one of the steepest train lines
- Explore the Gateway to the Fjords
- Go sightseeing through Bergen
- Age range
- 12 to 100 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- WCWaiWritten on August 29, 20174.0 - GoodGood value for money. The tour guide in Oslo should just retire, she obviously was there just to point out how inferior the rest of the world was compared to Norway. As for the tour leader, completely not with it or really interested in the group. Our Bergen guide was really great! Super entertaining too.Show detailed ratings
- RRimaWritten on August 19, 20173.0 - AverageThis tour was not the best.. I felt it was quite unorganized and pretty independent compared to what other tour companies offer. The places we saw were fantastic, however I felt there were days that were lost. For instance, you do not meet your group or your guide until day 2.. If you do not opt in for the excursion in Balestrand, you have 2 entire days in a town where there is very little to do. I would highly recommend the excursion as this was the highlight of the trip. There isn't much included in this trip. The walking tour in Oslo was good.. however the one in Bergen was very boring and we didn't see anything interesting - this tour was 2hrs long. Then we had the rest of the day at leisure as well as the following day.. So essentially the tour is only 5 days.. Also important to note - this tour is probably not for anyone under the age of 40 as everyone on our tour was elderly. Just a heads up.Show detailed ratingsVOS commented on this reviewDear Rima, I am sorry that you were not pleased with the overall tour. I think the issue is definitely your expectations to the tours versus the reality. This is a semi-independant tour i.e the tour escort is only there to offer assistance not guiding hence why we send the travel itinerary prior to departure with all the necessary details. Regarding the stay in Balestrand - we always recommend the excursion but the day is set up as such to give clients an opportunity to self explore the region as they see it - as you have noted we dont include much in the tour for this reason also. But also means that the tour is affordable and gives space for the individual guests to plan their holiday as they see fit with the assurance of an escort throughout. Hope you welcome you on one of our other tours in the future.
- LULorraineWritten on August 6, 20174.0 - GoodThe tour was very good, just what we wanted. Oslo was great, accommodation was very good. Getting around was so easy, not what you expect in a city, with the train station right at the hotel front door. Every thing was arranged very well. Have a guide with us all the way, made the organisation very straight forward. If there was one thing I would change I would have a hotel in Bergen like the Bristol instead of the Augustin because it is just too far out of the city centre, even though it's only 8min.Show detailed ratings
- KRKennethWritten on August 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentOverall - a very good tour covering some lovely places. My one comment would be to for VOS to provide some additional information in their materials on things like what sights are covered in their included cities tours - so as to be able to better plan free time (e.g. in Oslo). Otherwise it was very well organized.Show detailed ratings
- ColinWritten on July 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat tour, nice human tour guide and good hotel accommodation. Seen some fantastic places, like Balestrand and Fjaerland. Can recommend.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 ARRIVAL TO NORWAY
- DAY 2 OSLO
- DAY 3 OSLO - BALESTRAND
- DAY 4 BALLESTRAND
- DAY 5 BALESTRAND - BERGEN
- DAY 6 BERGEN
- DAY 7 DEPARTURE
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
What is the group size of this tour?
Our groups are usually between 25-35. This specific departure will be at maximum 20 persons though.
- March 1, 2017
Are children allowed on this trip?
Children are allowed on this tour, but we usually don't recommend children under 12 for our programs as our tours are set up so we use mainly 'public' transport versus long distance coaches so the clients can experience the most of this phenomenon landscape. So we have experienced that it can be a 'tough tour' for younger children (mainly their parents).
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Natalie26th January 2018
Magic of the Fjords
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayJun 6, 2018to Bergen0 seats left$52USD $1,245Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to Bergen4 seats left$52USD $1,245
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayJun 20, 2018to BergenOnly 2 seats left$301$1,297-23%USD $996
- ThursdayJun 21, 2018from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayJun 27, 2018to Bergen10+ seats left$301$1,297-23%USD $996
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayJul 4, 2018to Bergen4 seats left$301$1,297-23%USD $996
- ThursdayAug 16, 2018from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayAug 22, 2018to BergenOnly 1 seat left$328$1,415-23%USD $1,087
- ThursdayAug 23, 2018from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayAug 29, 2018to BergenOnly 2 seats left$328$1,415-23%USD $1,087
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from Oslo7 DaysWednesdaySep 5, 2018to Bergen0 seats left$57USD $1,358Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Oslo is the starting point and Bergen is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this VOS booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 July 2018 the full payment of $996 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $996 for Magic of the Fjords, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and VOS will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for VOS tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Oslo (Norway)
- 220 km
- Myrdal (Norway)
- 14 km
- Flam (Norway)
- 50 km
- Balestrand (Norway)
- 112 km
- Bergen (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $996 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,958 tours in Europe
- covered by 208 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Magic of the Fjords via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Magic of the Fjords