Magic of the Fjords
- Our saving
- US $ 1,083
- +3 Destinations
- Norwegian Fjords
- Visit the impressive Royal Palace
- Ride one of the steepest train lines
- Explore the Gateway to the Fjords
- Go sightseeing through Bergen
- Rather Poor
- GHGeraldWritten on September 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
All was good, but the time in Balestrand was too long. There was too much time waiting around.
- DDesraeWritten on September 16, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The itinerary was good but the tour guide was terrible. He knew nothing of Norway. He wasn't a local, he had no passion for Norway and offered no relative information. This tour could be so much better with a tour guide who is passionate about Norway, knew... Read more
- PBPatriciaWritten on July 10, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
The tour group was larger than advertised at 40+ guests, this size was too large for the walking tours. The Scandic Hotel in Oslo was mediocre, only 1 elevator for a hotel full of large tour groups meant long waits in the lobby. Hotel did not have room... Read more
- MCMareeWritten on July 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a wonderful time & really enjoyed our Magic of the Fjords tour. A bit more information about what was included on the Oslo city tour would have been helpful prior to commencement. Overall, very satisfied.
- MMarilynWritten on June 25, 20185.0 - Excellent
Would have liked one more meal together. Liked the balance of free time and structure. We had 4 young people in their 20's. They enjoyed as much as us in our 50's.Show detailed ratingsVOS commented on this reviewDear Marilyn, Thank you so much for your positive review. We hope to welcome you back to Scandinavia! Kind Regards, Mea Elerkessousi/VOS
- ElizaWritten on June 6, 20184.5 - Excellent
It is a very nice relaxing trip. Price is reasonable. Food is good.Show detailed ratingsVOS commented on this reviewDear Eliza, Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are pleased you had a nice relaxing trip and we hope to welcome you back on one of our tours in Scandinavia, Iceland & the Baltics. Kind Regards, Mea Elerkessousi
- WCWaiWritten on August 29, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Good value for money. The tour guide in Oslo should just retire, she obviously was there just to point out how inferior the rest of the world was compared to Norway. As for the tour leader, completely not with it or really interested in the group. Our... Read more
- RRimaWritten on August 19, 20173.0 - Average
This tour was not the best.. I felt it was quite unorganized and pretty independent compared to what other tour companies offer. The places we saw were fantastic, however I felt there were days that were lost. For instance, you do not meet your group or... Read moreShow detailed ratingsVOS commented on this reviewDear Rima, I am sorry that you were not pleased with the overall tour. I think the issue is definitely your expectations to the tours versus the reality. This is a semi-independant tour i.e the tour escort is only there to offer assistance not guiding hence why we send the travel itinerary prior to departure with all the necessary details. Regarding the stay in Balestrand - we always recommend the excursion but the day is set up as such to give clients an opportunity to self explore the region as they see it - as you have noted we dont include much in the tour for this reason also. But also means that the tour is affordable and gives space for the individual guests to plan their holiday as they see fit with the assurance of an escort throughout. Hope you welcome you on one of our other tours in the future.
- LULorraineWritten on August 6, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour was very good, just what we wanted. Oslo was great, accommodation was very good. Getting around was so easy, not what you expect in a city, with the train station right at the hotel front door. Every thing was arranged very well. Have a guide... Read more
- KRKennethWritten on August 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Overall - a very good tour covering some lovely places. My one comment would be to for VOS to provide some additional information in their materials on things like what sights are covered in their included cities tours - so as to be able to better plan... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 ARRIVAL TO NORWAY
- DAY 2 OSLO
- DAY 3 OSLO - BALESTRAND
- DAY 4 BALLESTRAND
- DAY 5 BALESTRAND - BERGEN
- DAY 6 BERGEN
- DAY 7 DEPARTURE
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are children allowed on this trip?
Children are allowed on this tour, but we usually don't recommend children under 12 for this tour as you will be using mainly public transport rather than long-distance coaches. This ensures travellers can experience the most of this phenomenal landscape, however, it can be a tough tour for younger children and their parents!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Art17th November 2018
Magic of the Fjords
- ThursdayMay 16, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayMay 22, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$36USD $1,155
- ThursdayMay 30, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayJun 5, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$36USD $1,155
- ThursdayJun 13, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayJun 19, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$36USD $1,155
- ThursdayJul 4, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayJul 10, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$36USD $1,155
- ThursdayJul 18, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayJul 24, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$36USD $1,155
- ThursdayAug 8, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayAug 14, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$36USD $1,155
- ThursdayAug 22, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayAug 28, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$36USD $1,155
- ThursdaySep 5, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdaySep 11, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$36USD $1,155
- ThursdaySep 19, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdaySep 25, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$36USD $1,155
- ThursdayOct 3, 2019from Oslo7 DaysWednesdayOct 9, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$34USD $1,083
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Oslo is the starting point and Bergen is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this VOS booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 April 2019 the full payment of $1,083 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1083 for Magic of the Fjords, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and VOS will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for VOS tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Oslo (Norway)
- 220 km
- Myrdal (Norway)
- 14 km
- Flam (Norway)
- 50 km
- Balestrand (Norway)
- 112 km
- Bergen (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,083 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,032 tours in Europe
- covered by 394 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Magic of the Fjords via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Magic of the Fjords