Grand Tour of Iceland
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 24:28:28
- Our saving
- US $ 5,831
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start and end in Reykjavik! With the adventure tour Grand Tour of Iceland, you have a 12 day tour package taking you through Reykjavik, Iceland and 29 other destinations in Iceland. Grand Tour of Iceland includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- ECEdWritten on September 4, 20172.0 - Rather poorGJ Travel is a travel company that does a bait and switch on the hotel rooms during the tour. We were given a list of hotels at the start of the trip and during the trip we were switched 2 nights to a very low-class substitute with even worst food. We were not told of the switch until we reached the substitute hotel and then became aware of the switch when we could not do anything about it. The reason for the change we were told is that the listed hotels were full and they could not take us. I have been on over 40 foreign trips and have never had this happen to me before. Any reputable travel company pays for the rooms to the hotel before the trip to assure rooms for their guests. To make up for this low-class substitution, we got a free dinner in a pizza parlor and lunch at a beach side hamburger stand. I am sure the tour company pocketed the difference between the listed hotels and the cheap substitutes we were provided. Avoid this tour company!Show detailed ratingsGJ Travel commented on this reviewDear Ed, Thank you for your feedback. The unexpected change of hotel happened due to the original hotels being fully booked for a long time and keeping our reservation on a waiting list. For Day 3, when the first alternative hotel came to place, our general itinerary says: We will stay two nights in the area of Patreksfjörður. The accommodation was at Hotel West, which as a four-star rating on Google and Trip Advisor; 8,8 (fabulous) on Booking.com, and generally very good reviews. It is centrally located in the fishing town of Patreksfjörður. The second change on Day 10, our general itinerary says: We spend the night near Skaftafell in the southern part of Vatnajökull National Park. The accommodation was at Guesthouse Gerði, which has a four-star rating on Google, 3,5* on Trip Advisor, and 7,7 at Booking.com, and has quite good reviews because of its location, size of rooms, and charm. On the tour bus, you were unfortunately given an un-updated itinerary, which caused the confusion. We also talked to our guide, who failed to inform you about the change in a good time in advance. We instructed him that this information is very important to mention in the beginning if such changes should occur. For the inconvenience, we provided meals and drinks, of which one of the was at Restaurant Bryggjan with a very high rating in Akureyri (4,4* at Trip Advisor) and the Black Beach Restaurant with a great location on the black sand beach near Dyrhólaey with a very good rating, too. Since the last restaurant is in a very remote location with a unique place and view, the menu is limited to lamb, fish, hamburgers, and sandwiches. As there is very high demand for hotels in Iceland, the price for accommodation is very high. At these two alternative hotels, the price reached the originally booked hotels. Our company really did not pocket anything. Hope that despite the unexpected accommodation change and the failure of ours to provide information about it in a good time in advance you enjoyed the trip.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1, MON: WELCOME TO ICELAND (50 km/31 mls)
- Day 2, TUE: GOLDEN CIRCLE (290 km/180 mls)
- Day 3, WED: SNÆFELLSNES PENINSULA, LAVA CAVE, AND FERRY TRIP TO THE WEST FJORDS (290 km/180 mls)
- Day 4: THU: ICELAND'S WESTERNMOST POINT (230 km/143 mls)
- Day 5, FRI: BEAUTIFUL WEST FJORDS (260 km/162 mls)
- Day 6, SAT: HEADING NORTH (350 km/217 mls)
- Day 7, SUN: NORTHERNMOST TOWN (160 km/99 mls)
- Day 8, MON: GEOLOGICAL WONDERS AND NATURE BATHS (150 km/93 mls)
- Day 9, TUE: THE SECRET OF THE EAST (290 km/180 mls)
- Day 10, WED: FJORDS, GLACIERS AND ICE (430 km/267 mls)
- Day 11, THU: VATNAJÖKULL NATIONAL PARK AND THE SOUTH (340 km/211 mls)
- Day 12, FRI: DEPARTURE HOME (50 km/31 mls)
AccommodationRated Bad by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Bad by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
- Intro to Iceland
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Grand Tour of Iceland
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Reykjavik12 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$243USD $5,831Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Reykjavik12 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$243USD $5,831Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Reykjavik12 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats left$243USD $5,831
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Reykjavik12 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats left$243USD $5,831
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Reykjavik12 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats left$243USD $5,831
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Reykjavik12 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats left$243USD $5,831
- MondayAug 6, 2018from Reykjavik12 DaysFridayAug 17, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$243USD $5,831
- MondayAug 20, 2018from Reykjavik12 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$243USD $5,831
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Reykjavik12 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$243USD $5,831
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this GJ Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $5,831 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $5831 for Grand Tour of Iceland, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and GJ Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for GJ Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,671 km.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 88 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Borgarnes (Iceland)
- 98 km
- Snaefellsjokull National Park (Iceland)
- 61 km
- Stykkisholmur (Iceland)
- 35 km
- Flatey (Iceland)
- 62 km
- Hnjotur (Iceland)
- 18 km
- Latrabjarg (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,831 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Grand Tour of Iceland via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Grand Tour of Iceland