- Our saving
- US $ 2,788
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Rather Poor
- PCPeterWritten on November 6, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Despite not so good weather, Holm, our tour guide kept our interest sharing info & history of places we visited. She is professional, personable and very helpful to ensure the group saw northern lights.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Reykjavik
- Day 2: Saga Valley & Borgarnes
- Day 3: Borgarnes
- Day 4: Selfoss
- Day 5: Kirkjubajarklaustur
- Day 6: Jökulsárlón, Skaftafell National Park & Kirkjubajarklaustur
- Day 7: Reykjavik
- Day 8: Depart Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. That being said, the length of this tour means there will be numerous opportunities to see the Northern Lights and a sighting is likely!
This tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences. You will have the opportunity to climb Grábrok Volcano crater, visit Europe's most powerful hot springs, travel the Golden Circle route and cruise into the Breiðafjörður fjord!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janet, 30 years old7th April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- FridaySep 20, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysFridaySep 27, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
- SundaySep 22, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
- FridaySep 27, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
- FridayOct 11, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayOct 18, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
- SundayOct 13, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayOct 20, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
- FridayOct 25, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayNov 1, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
- FridayNov 1, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayNov 8, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$531$3,319-16%USD $2,788
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 July 2019 the full payment of $2,788 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2788 for Northern Lights, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 73 km
- Grabrok (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Deildartunguhver (Iceland)
- 21 km
- Hraunfossar and Barnafoss Waterfalls (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Borgarnes (Iceland)
- 70 km
- Stykkisholmur (Iceland)
- 17 km
- Bjarnarhofn (Iceland)
- 12 km
- Grundarfjordur (Iceland)
- 3 km
- Kirkjufell Mountain (Iceland)
- 80 km
- Borgarnes (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,788 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,075 tours in Europe
- covered by 530 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Northern Lights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights