- US $ 2,389
- +18 Destinations
- Northern Lights
Other reviews about Tucan Travel:Write a review
- Janet Munro's review about another Tucan Travel tour4.5 - ExcellentTucan enjoy accommodating travellers who have paid the single supplement in "broom cupboards". If you are happy to blow... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Reykjavik
- Day 2: Saga Valley & Borgarnes
- Day 3: Borgarnes
- Day 4: Selfoss
- Day 5: Kirkjubajarklaustur
- Day 6: Jökulsárlón, Skaftafell National Park & Kirkjubajarklaustur
- Day 7: Reykjavik
- Day 8: Depart Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. That being said, the length of this tour means there will be numerous opportunities to see the Northern Lights and a sighting is likely!
This tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences. You will have the opportunity to climb Grábrok Volcano crater, visit Europe's most powerful hot springs, travel the Golden Circle route and cruise into the Breiðafjörður fjord!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ellen22nd July 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Reykjavik7 seats leftUSD $2,389
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats leftUSD $2,389
- FridayNov 2, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats leftUSD $2,389
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Reykjavik7 seats leftUSD $2,389
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats leftUSD $2,389
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Reykjavik7 seats leftUSD $2,389
- FridayNov 23, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayNov 30, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats leftUSD $2,389
- SundayNov 25, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats leftUSD $2,389
- FridayNov 30, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayDec 7, 2018to Reykjavik5 seats leftUSD $2,389
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats leftUSD $2,389
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2018 the full payment of $2,389 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2389 for Northern Lights, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 73 km
- Grabrok (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Deildartunguhver (Iceland)
- 21 km
- Hraunfossar and Barnafoss Waterfalls (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Borgarnes (Iceland)
- 70 km
- Stykkisholmur (Iceland)
- 17 km
- Bjarnarhofn (Iceland)
- 12 km
- Grundarfjordur (Iceland)
- 3 km
- Kirkjufell Mountain (Iceland)
- 80 km
- Borgarnes (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,389 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,511 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Northern Lights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 22,995 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours