- Our saving
- US $ 327
- Hike the woodlands of Hermitage
- Learn all about Celtic mythology
- Ride the famous Jacobite Steam Train
- Try traditional dancing at a Ceilidh
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- LLauraWritten on March 11, 20184.0 - GoodI had an amazing time with Gill during the last week of August. I had spent 5 weeks working at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and was looking for an adventure that wouldn’t be too strenuous after a busy month. Gill was phenomenal at picking key locations to stop at, and made the bus tour fun with her music playlists. Great for bringing the fellow bus companions together and for seeing the major highlights of Scotland. I cannot recommend Gill highly enough! The route we took was beautiful and hit all of the major places that I was hoping for. I would sign up for the longer bus tour in a heartbeat!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Laura, thank you very much for your amazing review. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your tour with us. It seems like you had a lot of fun with Gillian and enjoyed Scotland's scenic landscapes! We would be delighted to see you again on tour! Best, Charline
- KGKatherineWritten on March 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentI had an amazing time in the Scottish Highlands on a Gaggis Adventure 5 day tour with Gill! She was a great guide, always enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I highly recommend Gill and Haggis Adventures!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Katherine, thank you very much for your amazing review! It seems like you had an awesome time on tour with Gillian! Great to hear that you would recommend Haggis Adventures! We hope to see you again soon! Best, Charline
- ACAngieWritten on March 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentExcellent tour with awesome tour guides (Kirsty and Ian). Highly recommendntgis to anyone considering this tour.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHello Angie, thank you very much for your 5-star review! It is great to hear that you have had an amazing time on tour with Kirsty and Ian! your kind words will be passed on to them. Best regards, Charline
- AWAlexanderWritten on March 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentJust came back from the Highland Fling with Kirsty and Ian as my tour guides and honestly utter mind blown by how amazing, insightful and fun this tour was. Guides know their shit and have great tips on where’s best to visit in free time and just are their to make sure you’re having a great time and they really excell at that 10 screaming mountain goats out of 10Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Alexander, thank you for your great review and the amazing pictures! I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your tour with us and that Kirsty and Ian managed to make you all have an awesome time! We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Charline
- NMNicholeWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentI honestly couldn't have chosen a better tour company or tour guide to show me what Scotland had to offer my first visit there. I did two one day trips, and the five day highland fling. I was lucky enough to get kirsty for one of the day trips as well as the five day highland fling. Truly thankful Kirsty was our tour guide for the five day highland fling. The humor, the amazing stories, music, history of Scotland and just all around atmosphere all piled in with the amazing views made it a trip I'll remember forever. Kirsty loves what she does and it shows .. every morning she got on the bus smiling and excited for the day and that truly sets the mood and got everyone on board and excited as well. She's a one of a kind and a huge asset to the company.. I am always talking about her and how wonderful my time was in Scotland and will suggest If anyone is looking for an amazing company to show them what Scotland has to offer haggis adventures is truly the best. ....And hey maybe you'll get lucky and have Kirsty as well!!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Nichole, thank you for your great review! We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your different tours with us! Lovely to hear that Kirsty's good-humouredness and love for her job and country have made a big difference! We are looking forward to seeing you on tour again soon! Best, Charline
- AHAbdulWritten on March 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentI literally had the time of my life on the Highland Fling tour, with my tour guide Caitlin. I was initially nervous about whether or not I'd get along with my bus-mates, but my fears were completely unfounded. Caitlin's infectious energy and enthusiasm, as well as her ability to direct us to break the ice, was so effective in allowing all of us to become inseparable by the time 5 days had passed. I don't think I can better emphasise just how important Caitlin's role was in allowing us all to have that much fun together. Each day of the tour was filled with breath-taking views of mountains, valleys, rivers, waterfalls and the occasional castle. Caitlin would always inject some history or amusing anecdote to further increase our appreciation of whatever awe-inspiring view we saw in front of us. This is one of the advantages being on a tour - you may be able to drive around and see the views by yourself, but only a local with appropriate experience can give you more value by explaining the significance and story behind every place you stop by. Cheers to Caitlin for doing a great job with telling us stories - I think my friends may have gotten a little sick of me repeating the same stories to them over and over! By around 5pm each day, we would retire to our hostels. Each place we stopped at had great food and places to socialise, and I definitely maximised the amount of fun I had by socialising with my awesome bus-mates. The bar at Morag's Lodge at Fort Augustus even had live music and dancing to allow us to be merry after hours. Specific experiences that were extremely memorable include - taking the "Harry Potter train" from Fort William to Mallaig via the Glenfinnan viaduct - playing on a sandy beach near Mallaig - hiking up to a ruined castle at Skye with Caitlin and my bus-mates - the "Quiz night" at Morag's Lodge (our group lost first place by just a hair!) - the Loch Ness cruise. These are just a few memories with my friends which will forever be burned into my mind, and I cannot overstate just how much fun I had on this tour. I have genuinely fallen in love with the Scottish Highlands, and definitely want to come back. I partly blame Caitlin for this - she clearly has a soft spot in her heart for the Scottish Highlands, and it was evident that she went above and beyond to try to make us see the beauty of the Highlands as she does. I have never met a person as fun, kind, sincere, and dedicated as Caitlin, and would like to give her the highest of commendations for her role in making sure every single person on the bus had the time of their lives. For those who are wondering whether or not the tour is worth it: provided you are willing to come out of your comfort zone and enjoy yourself, the answer is yes! This tour was life-changing for me, and I definitely recommend a tour with Haggis Adventures (especially if your guide is Caitlin). For all of you sitting on the fence, go and book this tour! It's definitely worth it.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Abdul, what an amazing review! It seems like you have felt the Deep Scottish Love and this is exactly what we like to hear! We are more than happy to know that you keep precious memories of your tour with Caitlin. It is great to hear that her passion for her country shone through. The Highlands are vast so we hope to see you on tour again soon to explore more! :) All the best, Charline
- FCFrancescoWritten on March 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentCaitlin is one of those persons who makes the world looking beautiful. Wish you the same luck I had to choose (quite randomly indeed) Haggis tour with her as a guide. I totally miss that!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Francesco, Thank you for the great review. It is wonderful to hear that Caitlin helped to make your tour so memorable. We hope you will return for another Haggis Adventures tour very soon. Best Wishes, Brenna
- GBGillianWritten on March 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentI went on the 5 day Highland Fling trip. We went to so many amazing places including Fort Augustus and even went on the Jacobite Steam train!! It was a great trip. I went solo on the trip and this proved not to be a problem as within minutes I had been speaking to loads of people and by the end of the tour had made lots of new friends. Our tour guide Caitlin was fantastic. From the outset she made us all feel welcome and encouraged us to communicate as a group. She was so passionate about her job and the sites we were visiting. I am from Glasgow and decided to go on the tour as I had never been further up North than Oban and wanted to see more of my own country before I moved abroad to work as a teacher. She did Scotland proud!!! So funny and friendly and she really made the tour for us! The accommodation was all fine with the hostel in Fort Augustus been my fave (sorry I can not remember the name of it) but it had a bar and we had a tartan toga party! I would def recommend Haggis and if you get Caitlin as your guide you will not be dissapointed, I guarantee it! XShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Gillian, Thank you for the 5 star rating and great review. It is wonderful to hear that Caitlin made you feel so welcome while exploring more of your homeland and making plenty of new friends. It sounds like a fun time was had by all with the tartan toga party! Best Wishes, Brenna
- KKathleenWritten on March 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentI went on the Highland Fling Tour in Sept 2017. Caitlin was my guide and she is the most friendly, delightful person! Her love of Scotland shone through, making its magical history come alive, with all that she told us and showed us. She is always approachable, helpful and ready with a laugh or two! I plan on going back to Scotland, a place I fell in love with, and intend on taking another tour. I will be requesting Caitlin as my guide again....I'll even switch tours to make sure she is!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kathleen, Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. It certainly sounds like you had a brilliant tour with Caitlin and I am delighted to hear that you fell in love with Scotland and all its beauty. We look forward to welcoming you on another Haggis Adventures tour very soon! Best Wishes, Brenna
- ALAbbeyWritten on March 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentHad an amazing Time on tour with Caitlin as our guide. It really would not have been so memorable and fun without Caitlin. She made everything more special with her story telling and genuine passion for what she does. Couldn’t have asked for a better tour guide for my time in Scotland.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Abbey, Thank you for the great review. I am so happy to hear that Caitlin's enthusiasm and passion for Scotland really shone through. Best Wishes, Brenna
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO OBAN
- DAY 2: OBAN TO ISLE OF SKYE
- DAY 3: ISLE OF SKYE TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 4: LOCH NESS TO THE HIGHLANDS
- DAY 5: LOCH NESS TO EDINBURGH
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
Is accommodation included on this trip?
Please note that accommodation is not included in this trip. With Haggis Adventures you can pre pay your accommodation or pay as you go during the trip, however you can only stay in the hostels they reserve for you during the trip (you can't stay in a different accommodation than the rest of the group).
The accommodation is in a Hostel and you have the option to stay in a multi-share dorm or you can have your own private room. It is important to note that the bathroom will be shared.
- August 1, 2016
What time and where does the tour start?
The tour departs at 8.30 in front of Haggis Adventures office in Edinburgh. All of the info will be sent to you once you've booked, but it will be your responsibility to make your own way to Edinburgh.
- July 18, 2016
I'm interested in this tour and saw on the Haggis Adventure site that they currently offer a 15% discount! Could you apply this if I book over TourRadar?
We certainly can!
Guides who have led this tour
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people..."
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me..."
- "I have been working for Haggis Adventures for a year now, and it has honestly been the best year of my..."
- "Hello! I have been a guide for HAGGiS Adventures for almost 3 years now and I adore absolutely every..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janice22nd December 2017
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- MondayMar 26, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMar 30, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$56$409-14%USD $353
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysWednesdayApr 4, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$56$409-14%USD $353
- MondayApr 2, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayApr 6, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$56$409-14%USD $353
- MondayApr 9, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayApr 13, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$54$399-14%USD $345
- MondayApr 16, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayApr 20, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$54$399-14%USD $345
- MondayApr 23, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayApr 27, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$54$399-14%USD $345
- MondayApr 30, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMay 4, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$54$399-14%USD $345
- MondayMay 7, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMay 11, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$54$399-14%USD $345
- MondayMay 14, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMay 18, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$54$399-14%USD $345
- MondayMay 21, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMay 25, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$54$399-14%USD $345
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 May 2018 the full payment of $327 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $327 for Highland Fling, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 7 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- 51 km
- Oban (Scotland)
- 37 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $327 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,444 tours in Europe
- covered by 190 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 85 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highland Fling