- Our saving
- US $ 360
- Hike the woodlands of Hermitage
- Learn all about Celtic mythology
- Ride the famous Jacobite Steam Train
- Try traditional dancing at a Ceilidh
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- MPMollyWritten on September 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was awesome! Our guide Gill was fantastic. It's great to have local guides from the area who know their stuff. We did so much in such a short time which was great. Would recommend!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Molly, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your 5 day Highland Fling tour. I am so glad to hear that you had a great time with Gillian as your guide. Best Wishes, Brenna
- RKRachelWritten on September 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe Highland Fling was such an amazing, eye opening and fun trip lead by the beautiful Caitlin! While it was only a 5 day trip Caitlin made sure to fill every minute of our days with stories, laughter and even tears by the end when it came to say goodbye to our little family! I couldn't have asked for a better trip leader and feel so lucky for the special experiences she shared with us! The Highlands are such an incredibly beautiful place and I would go back there in a heartbeat, i recommend this trip 100% ❤️Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you so much for this lovely comment. I am glad to read you enjoyed every minute on tour with Caitlin. It looks like you met very nice people during this tour. We hope you will come back to Scotland! All the best, Kim
- HFHannahWritten on September 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe best tour of Scotland I could have hoped for! The guide, the destinations, the food, everything about this trip was amazing! Could not rate it higherShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Hanna, Thank you for your nice comments. It seems like you had a fantastic time exploring Scotland and its culture. All the best, Kim
- MMelanieWritten on September 5, 20174.5 - ExcellentHighland Fling with Caitlin (August 2017) Scotland is such a beautiful country and there is no better way to explore it than by bus. I did the Highland Fling Tour already 4 years ago and i was amazed by the beautiful landscape that i wanted to do it again. But this time was totally different. Last trip my highlight was the scottisch nature, this trip my highlight was our guide Caitlin. She made a group of 21 strangers becomming friends already on the first day. She took care of every single one of us so that everybody felt comfortable immediately. That was the reason why we could enjoy this tour even more because we could enjoy it all together. Caitlin showed us her hidden, favourite places and told us exciting legends and fairy stories. She made us feeling special and like she would explore the country just with us and not with other groups before. Everybody adapted her emotions when she was happy and excited every single morning or whe she almost started crying at the Culloden battlefield. Caitlin brought the scottish history to life and i am so grateful that she shared her never ending love to this beautiful country with us. We will never forget this trip! Conclusion: If you want an amazing trip in Scotland, do a Haggis Tour. But if you want an awesome trip you will never forget, do a Haggis Tour with Caitling :) Lovely greetings, MelanieShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Melanie, Thank you for such a great review about your tour with Caitlin. It sounds like you had an amazing time and that Caitlin's passion for her job and Scotland really shone through. Best Wishes, Brenna
- CamWritten on September 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhere do I even start when it comes to rating my 5 day Highland Fling tour with Haggis Adventures? The beginning? Good point. The start of a tour is always a little awkward, people trying to figure each other out, trying to work out the different personality types on the bus and how we're all going to click. This problem was quickly solved when our delightful guide (Caitlin) had us speed dating/playing musical chairs on the bus. It was social, it was exciting and it was a fantastic ice breaker. From then on this tour was the absolute best week of my life. * Day 1 had 30m Kelpy (mythical water horse) statues in Falkirk, the William Wallace Monument in Stirling, our first little family of "Heeland Coos" and the gorgeous Glencoe valley. All of which came with beautiful, captivating stories from the wonderful Caitlin. We also saw a couple of stunning castles along the way and enjoyed fish and chips watching the sun set over the water in the lovely town of Oban. A couple of drinks and a dance in the local pub was the perfect way to end day one, a whole lot closer to the group of strangers I'd met in the morning. * Day 2! This was the moment we'd all been dreaming of since watching Harry Potter and Ron Weasley dip through the clouds in the flying blue Anglia to see the gorgeous Hogwarts Express steam train crossing the GlenFinnan Viaduct. OK so it was actually called the Jacobite, but I'm sure they've just done that so the Muggles don't catch on. The views from the train were absolutely stunning and we were genuinely surprised when Caitlin took us to a sandy beach for a game of frisbee afterwards. Thats right! Who knew Scotland had sandy beaches? It was amazing!! We caught a ferry to the fairy tale Isle of Skye for the night, where Caitlin took us up to the ruins of a castle on a mountain top for a cheeky tribute to the town legend, "Saucy Mary." Day 3! Beautiful cliff tops and sceneries! More of Caitlin's wonderful folk stories of faeries, knights, everlasting beauty and cheeky traditions. Another jaw-dropping castle and an evening trivia night in Fort Augustus that will never, ever be forgotten. Did I mention Loch Ness? Day 4! We got back to our roots and planted a tree with a local charity, which was a really lovely touch. More inspiring scenery - specifically inspired the author of Peter Pan's creation of Neverland. The haunting beauty of Colodden battlefield with Caitlin's raw emotion spilling over and touching all of us in the re-telling of the slaughter. More beauty in the form of ancient stone burial cairns from thousands of years ago and a cruise over Loch Ness trying to find the mythical beast. The guide on the boat, Ricky had us all hanging off his every word and believing in the creature that lies beneath. That night was another one that will never be forgotten! Glowsticks and singing, dancing and drinking in Morag's pub was some of the greatest fun I've ever had. Day 5! (Already!?) The lookout point we found would have provided gorgeous views of Ben Nevis had we been able to see it. But the beauty of the Scottish highlands clouded in mist is something to behold. A surprise visit to the lovely Robyn's place had us all fawning over her labrador Bob, and fighting each other to buy every last scrap of the home made chutney and delicious slices she had for sale. The next stop was a museum that displayed an old style village where we planned to have a picnic lunch, but this is where Caitlin truly went above and beyond her role as a guide. She had noticed my family name on a sign for a museum on the way into town and offered to take me to see my family history. While the others had their picnic lunch I was blown away by this opportunity to learn about where I've come from. Caitlin's unstoppable need to do everything she can to make someone else's day had me speechless. One final, beautiful waterfall and a night of traditional Ceilidh dancing was the perfect way to end the greatest week of my life. Thank you so much Haggis. Thank you so much Caitlin. And thank you so much to everyone that was a part of my journey, I'll never forget you. Love Cam P.S. "What's that in your bed Harris?"Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Cameron, Thank you for the 5 star rating and a fantastic review. It sounds like you had an incredible 5 days on your tour with Caitlin and your fellow passengers. Best Wishes, Brenna
- PDPaulaWritten on August 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentAcabo de hacer el Highland Fling tour con Sandy, y fue increíble! Vimos mucho de Escocia y disfrutamos de las muy divertidas y dinámicas historias de Sandy. Una ventaja de viajar con esta empresa es que el intinerario puede cambiar de acuerdo con los intereses del.grupo Recomiendo realizar este tour, ya que verás mucho más de Escocia de lo que puedes por tu cuenta y lo harás bajo la dirección de alguien que realmente vive en el país y esta interesado en que lo conozcas. Gracias por todo Sandy! Me llevo una experiencia maravillosa y nuevos amigos internacionales.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for taking the time to rate us and for the nice comment. I am glad to see you enjoyed having Sandy as a driver/guide. Scotland has a rich history and beautiful scenery. It seems like you had a great day. Kind regards, Kim
- AAAshlieWritten on August 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was so much more than expected! We had such a great group and a wonderful bus tour guide (Calum!) it was our first experience with hostels and bus tours and thankfully Haggis picked some great hostels to stay in and planned days packed with activities that were fun, informative, and spaced well to break up the time spent on the bus. The bus itself was comfortable and had charging ports for phones. There was significantly more hiking involved than I expected but it wasn't a requirement so people could try to go at their own pace. Also it would be a good life choice to bring hiking boots, rain boots, a rain jacket, eye mask, and ear plugs. Overall a great trip!! And Calum is the best!!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Ashlie, thank you very much for leaving such a nice review. We are glad to hear that your expectations were exceeded! I will make sure your kind words are passed on to Calum. Best, Charline
- JCJulianWritten on August 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentAwesome guide and tour!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Julian, Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed. Kind regards, Kim
- LLisaWritten on August 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentI did the Highland Fling and I would highly recommend it! We got to see so many amazing, beautiful places and our tour guide, Graham, made the trip that much better! He was knowledgeable and fun and made sure the trip ran smoothly. Overall, a wonderful trip to see the highlights of Scotland in a short period of time! :)Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Lisa, Thank you very much for your kind review and for recommending us! I'm delighted to hear that you had a great time on tour and I'm glad that you enjoyed guiding delivered by Graham. Hopefully you'll join us on tour again in the future. Cheers, Natalia
- EHErinWritten on July 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentWent on the 5-Day Highland Tour. Words don't describe how great it was. Beautiful country, breathtaking views, crazy-friendly people. Graham was our tour guide; he's the best. Went out of his way to make our experience memorable and ensure everyone enjoyed the experience. If you're questioning going, do it. Well worth the money.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Erin, Thank you for the amazing review! Graham is great at making our tours unforgettable, especially when stunning scenery and good company is there to help. Thanks again, Annabelle
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO OBAN
- DAY 2: OBAN TO ISLE OF SKYE
- DAY 3: ISLE OF SKYE TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 4: LOCH NESS TO THE HIGHLANDS
- DAY 5: LOCH NESS TO EDINBURGH
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
Is accommodation included on this trip?
Please note that accommodation is not included in this trip. With Haggis Adventures you can pre pay your accommodation or pay as you go during the trip, however you can only stay in the hostels they reserve for you during the trip (you can't stay in a different accommodation than the rest of the group).
The accommodation is in a Hostel and you have the option to stay in a multi-share dorm or you can have your own private room. It is important to note that the bathroom will be shared.
- August 1, 2016
Is the accommodation included in the price of this tour?
The accommodation on Haggis trips is multi-share dorm room accommodation. It is not included in the tour price, but Haggis guarantees your place in the hostel and you simply pay upon arrival.
- August 1, 2016
What time and where does the tour start?
The tour departs at 8.30 in front of Haggis Adventures office in Edinburgh. All of the info will be sent to you once you've booked, but it will be your responsibility to make your own way to Edinburgh.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hello! I have been a guide for HAGGiS Adventures for over 2 years now and I adore absolutely every minute..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tania, 37 years old16th September 2017
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- MondayOct 30, 2017from EdinburghFridayNov 3, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $3608 spaces left
- MondayNov 6, 2017from EdinburghFridayNov 10, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $36010+ spaces left
- MondayNov 13, 2017from EdinburghFridayNov 17, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $36010+ spaces left
- MondayNov 27, 2017from EdinburghFridayDec 1, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $36010+ spaces left
- MondayDec 11, 2017from EdinburghFridayDec 15, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $36010+ spaces left
- TuesdayJan 2, 2018from EdinburghSaturdayJan 6, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $36010+ spaces left
- MondayJan 8, 2018from EdinburghFridayJan 12, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $36010+ spaces left
- MondayJan 15, 2018from EdinburghFridayJan 19, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $36010+ spaces left
- MondayJan 22, 2018from EdinburghFridayJan 26, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $36010+ spaces left
- MondayFeb 5, 2018from EdinburghFridayFeb 9, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$9PriceUSD $36010+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 December 2017 the full payment of $360 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $360 for Highland Fling, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 7 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- 51 km
- Oban (Scotland)
- 37 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $360 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,241 tours in Europe
- covered by 166 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 travellers have already met
before they left for Highland Fling tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 35 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highland Fling