Walking in the Basque Country
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 1 Jun 2018
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start and end in Bilbao! With the hiking & trekking tour Walking in the Basque Country, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Bilbao, Spain and 10 other destinations in Europe. Walking in the Basque Country is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, transport.
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
Other reviews about Exodus Travels:Write a review
- Tatiana Gulyaeva's review about another Exodus Travels tour4.0 - GoodWell organized tour, good accommodation. Interesting walks. Tour leader Isabelle beyond expected, knowledgeable, great ... Read more
- Zoe Diamond's review about another Exodus Travels tour5.0 - ExcellentThis week in Charmonix was a dream! The chalet is quaint and comfortable, and the hosts Rich and Sarah are extremely hos... Read more
- David Kirkpatrick's review about another Exodus Travels tour5.0 - ExcellentThis was a really enjoyable week walking with a very pleasant and interesting group of people. Our hosts Jayne and John... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Fly to Bilbao; transfer to Ascain, France.
- Day 2: Gentle walk to explore the area surrounding Ascain. Summit the small mountain of Esnaur (273m).
- Day 3: Short transfer by public bus to the Col de Saint Ignace. Take mountain train to the top of La Rhune to enjoy spectacular views of the Atlantic Coast. Picturesque descent on foot crossing the French and Spanish border.
- Day 4: Transfer to Pasaia, Spain. Coastal walk to San Sebastian for guided city tour. Transfer by train to Getaria.
- Day 5: Free day; optional visit to Bilbao and the famous Guggenheim museum, spend more time in San Sebastian or simply relax in Getaria.
- Day 6: Transfer by public bus to the pretty coastal town of Zumaia. From here enjoy some of the finest coastline in the Basque Country.
- Day 7: Following a short transfer by public bus, walk from Zarautz beach (the largest beach in the Basque Country) to Getaria.
- Day 8: End of the tour.
Questions & Answers
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroSpain and France
Plugs & Adapters
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Bilbao.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 July 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Walking in the Basque Country, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 231 km.
- Bilbao (Spain)
- 106 km
- Ascain (France)
- 1 km
- Esnaur (France)
- 2 km
- Col de Saint Ignace (France)
- 3 km
- La Rhune (France)
- 24 km
- Pasaia (Spain)
- 5 km
- San Sebastian (Spain)
- 1 km
- Playa de La Concha (Spain)
- 18 km
- Getaria (Spain)
- 4 km
- Zumaia (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,111 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 18,013 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours