Stray NZ - Short Moe Pass (National)
- US $ 709
- Rather Poor
- KSKariWritten on September 14, 20182.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
AVOID AT ALL COSTS! The whole trip was awful... including being sweltered to death (nearly) in the bus- driver cranked the heat and there were no windows (MIDDLE OF SUMMER- I got a fever of 105 degrees F from this)- other travelers said the bus had been... Read more
- AHAlexanderWritten on March 15, 20185.0 - Excellent
Organization, timeliness and friendliness of the bus drivers was top-notch! We didn't try hopping off the bus and back on (which I understand some people on our bus had problems with - especially getting onto a later bus as those were pretty heavily... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia Ora! What an awesome review, Alexander - so good to hear that you had a blast with Gollum and Shorty. Thank you for Straying with us!
- AAmyWritten on January 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I did minimum days as was short on time. I loved all the stops. My favourites were Mount Cook, Ha hai, Abel Tasman, Blue Duck and Wanaka. I was with Stray over christmas and new year. Our driver Romeo took time to organise some extra activities so we had a... Read more
- SSamWritten on June 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It's safe to say I had an amazing time with Stray, and would definitely use them again. I was on the bus almost every day and although I was only there for a short time, it didn't feel rushed at all. I enjoyed the stops we had on the way between stops... Read more
- ELEmilyWritten on May 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Couldn't have asked for a better travelling experience! I did the Short Moe Pass with a friend and made so many more along the way! Accommodation was comfortable and affordable. The Stray bus was also pretty comfy and had nice big windows for you to... Read more
- JJessicaWritten on April 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
From the minute we got on the bus it was a friendly group and friendly tour guide.. When your solo that makes a big difference to the start of your trip! New zealand is absolutely beautiful I never thought I would love somehhere as much as australia but I... Read more
- CLChooiWritten on April 1, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Stray is a very good way of getting to many places in New Zealand cheaply without needing to tired yourself driving. Accommodation is guaranteed for nights that you will be there but the cost is not included. You do have the flexibility to choose your own... Read more
- CCristianeWritten on March 27, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I had a wonderful time with the Weka bus! The group that I travelled the most of the time was amazing and the driver, Weka, was the best one! He encouraged us to do and see as much as we can and to make our trip the best possible! I think most buses are a... Read more
- SSamWritten on February 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip was what I expected and more the first stop in Hahei set the bar high and it carried on getting better as the trip went on the driver pixie was amazing her local knowledge really helped out.
- EEllaWritten on November 24, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Met lots of new friends on the bus! Its easy to get to know people on the bus since you spend the nights together in a shared accomodation etc. Most of the drivers are really nice, some of them arent. Straymate booking system can be really fustrating... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Auckland to Hahei
- Hahei to Rotorua
- Free Day in Rotorua
- Rotorua to Lake Aniwhenua
- Lake Aniwhenua to Blue Duck Station
- Blue Duck Station
- Blue Duck Station (via Tongariro) to Raetihi
- Raetihi to Wellington
- Wellington to Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman) to Franz Josef
- Free Day in Franz Josef
- Franz Josef to Wanaka
- Wanaka to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Mt Cook (via Tekapo) to Rangitata
- Rangitata to Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- New Zealand Adventure Travel With Stray
- Destination Video: Raglan - A Place to Stray
- Destination Video: Milford Sound and Gunn's Camp
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes in Christchurch City Centre at approximately 5 pm (traffic dependent). It is now time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers and continue your journey or stay and explore parts of the South Island’s largest city.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Unfortunately, Stray Travel does not arrange airport transfers for this tour. You will, therefore, have to make your own way to and from pick-up and drop-off points.
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Unfortunately, Stray Travel cannot help with booking additional accommodation for this tour, so you will need to arrange your own pre/post accommodation.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Stray NZ - Short Moe Pass (National)
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Auckland19 DaysWednesdayDec 12, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
- SundayNov 25, 2018from Auckland19 DaysThursdayDec 13, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
- MondayNov 26, 2018from Auckland19 DaysFridayDec 14, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
- TuesdayNov 27, 2018from Auckland19 DaysSaturdayDec 15, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from Auckland19 DaysMondayDec 17, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Auckland19 DaysWednesdayDec 19, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Auckland19 DaysThursdayDec 20, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
- MondayDec 3, 2018from Auckland19 DaysFridayDec 21, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
- TuesdayDec 4, 2018from Auckland19 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
- ThursdayDec 6, 2018from Auckland19 DaysMondayDec 24, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $709
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 December 2018 the full payment of $709 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $709 for Stray NZ - Short Moe Pass (National), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 69 km
- Whirinaki Forest Park (New Zealand)
- 149 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 156 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 355 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $709 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,051 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 75 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray NZ - Short Moe Pass (National) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 25 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray NZ - Short Moe Pass (National)