Stray NZ - Moe Pass (National)
- Our saving
- US $ 580
- Rather Poor
- NPNikkiWritten on January 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Last year me and three of my friends (dutchies) went travelling for six months, starting in NZ. All of us being 18 y/o and this being our first time far away from home for a long time, we couldn't be happier to start it off with a Stray tour. The Stray bus... Read more
- WWincyWritten on March 30, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Hassle free, safe, enjoyable, affordable travel! Buses are on time, clean, and spacious.
- NNikoWritten on March 19, 20173.0 - Average
Great for a guided bus tour and group travelling, but not a flexible hop-on - hop-off provider. When I booked with Stray, I looking for a mode of transport that allows me to get to all the big attractions of the country, and to be flexible on being able to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia ora Niko! Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us. I'm glad we were able to deliver on your first expectation, but understand how you feel about the second expectation. We try to keep the hop-on, hop-off flexibility throughout the year by putting more coaches on the road over peak season and encouraging people to continue to hop off, but this sounds like something we need to continue to improve. Regarding your comment about the bus drivers and drinking, we would greatly appreciate if you send more information about where and who you observed doing this to our Operations Manager Jimmy (email: email@example.com) so we can investigate further. Thank you again - Lisa
- SSabineWritten on March 1, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Travelled with Romeoo from Auckland to Queenstown. Those 2,5 weeks were the best week of my life! I was on stand by almost every day, and still could hop on the bus. Even though I had to hop off for one day, the next day I was able to hop on that bus again!... Read more
- LLizWritten on January 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
we had such a great time in nz - saw all the places we wanted to see. it was so easy with stray. could decide very spontanous how long we want to stay and then just got the next bus (using the online booking page from stray). would definitely travel with... Read more
- Cc.firstname.lastname@example.orgWritten on December 27, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I loved my trip with stray! I am 27 solo traveller and instantly found my stray family home. Easy to get along with people, amazing drivers and a diverse age range (average around 25 but we even had a 70 year old couple, and they were part of the family).... Read more
- HLHannahWritten on December 6, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great way to get around new Zealand. If you're traveling solo for a limited time this is definite the best way to get around and meet other travellers. Went some places I was not so bothered about going and I think you do need to hop off in a few places or... Read more
- CarolWritten on November 27, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
As I waited for my stray bus outside YHA in Auckland, I decided to pinch the wifi and call my brother. It was 7am, pickup was at 7.20. In the corner of my eye a gentleman was hovering near by, so I turned. A guy with green hair and a baseball cap, with a... Read more
- YYoanWritten on November 16, 20162.0 - Rather poor
The biggest mess ever! Don't book with them , I've been traveling for 16 days ,NO WI-FI on any of the busses(been in 2 so far) with them and literally every second all of us are managing their trips as there is always a problem with their schedule,no... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHi Yoan, We are very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your Stray experience. Your situation with staying in National Park is the result of the scheduled bus from National Park to Wellington being physically unable to travel due to the extreme weather conditions and flooding that occurred just after the earthquake this week. I know that the driver did try to get you to Wellington the other day, but had to turn around when the roads were closed. You were then given the options of staying in National Park to carry on via the next Stray bus or via public bus or returning to Auckland in order to adjust your journey from there. Stray's first priority is always customer safety and we would never leave someone without providing them with their best options for continuing their trip. We would appreciate if you can get in touch with Reservations at your earliest convenience (e: email@example.com / p: 09 526 2140) and they will be happy to assist you with your onward bookings.
- JOJoeriWritten on October 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Traveled with Stray for more than a month, doing both islands in New Zealand. I highly recommend Stray because they literally go off the beaten track! Apart from offering the usual stops and activities, Stray gave us a unique experience and view of this... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Auckland to Hahei
- Hahei to Rotorua
- Free Day in Rotorua
- Rotorua to Lake Aniwhenua
- Lake Aniwhenua to Blue Duck Station
- Free Day at Blue Duck Station
- Blue Duck Station (via Tongariro) to Raetihi
- Raetihi to Wellington
- Wellington to Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Free Day in Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman) to Franz Josef
- Free Day in Franz Josef
- Franz Josef (via Fox Glacier) to Wanaka
- Wanaka to Queenstown
- Free Day in Queenstown
- Queenstown (via Milford Sound) to Gunns Camp
- Gunns Camp to Invercargill/Stewart Island
- Invercargill/Stewart Island to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Mt Cook (via Tekapo) to Rangitata
- Rangitata to Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How do meals work for vegetarians in this tour?
There are no meals included on this trip with Stray travel, so you will be able to select what you choose to eat.
Is it true that the pass is valid for a year?
The Moe Pass from Stray is indeed valid for 12 months. They recommend at least 4 weeks to get the most out of your trip and to allow some time to hop-off and explore your favourite destinations for longer. This is why the dates are set up with a start and finish date - you don't necessarily HAVE to finish on that date, they just need to enter a finish date in the system so they have put the minimum recommended length in. You can hop and hop off the tour for the whole 12 months and take it slow if you would like (and what an awesome trip that would be!) or you can go faster for a shorter amount of time (still an awesome trip!).
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Page, 60 years old4th October 2018
Stray NZ - Moe Pass (National)
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- TuesdayNov 20, 2018from Auckland23 DaysWednesdayDec 12, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
- ThursdayNov 22, 2018from Auckland23 DaysFridayDec 14, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
- FridayNov 23, 2018from Auckland23 DaysSaturdayDec 15, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Auckland23 DaysSundayDec 16, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
- TuesdayNov 27, 2018from Auckland23 DaysWednesdayDec 19, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from Auckland23 DaysFridayDec 21, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
- FridayNov 30, 2018from Auckland23 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Auckland23 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
- TuesdayDec 4, 2018from Auckland23 DaysWednesdayDec 26, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
- ThursdayDec 6, 2018from Auckland23 DaysFridayDec 28, 2018to Christchurch5 seats left$264$843-31%USD $580
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 December 2018 the full payment of $580 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $580 for Stray NZ - Moe Pass (National), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 54 km
- Whirinaki Forest Park (New Zealand)
- 149 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Marahau (New Zealand)
- 350 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $580 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,045 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 73 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray NZ - Moe Pass (National) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 21 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray NZ - Moe Pass (National)