8 Days Transylvania & Bucovina from Budapest to Bucharest
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 1 Jun 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,417
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start in Budapest and end in Bucharest! With the sightseeing tour 8 Days Transylvania & Bucovina from Budapest to Bucharest, you have a 8 day tour package taking you from Budapest to Bucharest and through Budapest, Hungary and 15 other destinations in Europe. 8 Days Transylvania & Bucovina from Budapest to Bucharest is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals and more.
- Age range
- 3 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- HEATHERWritten on May 11, 20183.5 - GoodRomania is more than churches cathedrals Roman ruins and castles. I told George as he was first guide I wanted to experience the local food, wine and meet the people and see magical scenery. He was relaxed and we did a couple of churches, Roman ruins BUT the 4 hour walk round Timişoara with a local guide was overkill. I didn’t need every political breath from go to wow. We ate at local places and I asked for local dishes. Perfect. Michael was quite religious so we hit every church, cathedral Roman wall city they were contained in. After 2 days I was on church/saint overload. He talked fast, didn’t stop for a breath and about 20% was lost in translation with his accent. He was VERY knowledgeable about all the churches, saints, kings and rulers but when I travel I need more variety, less repetitive dialogue and more about the Romanians themselves. He got quite offended when I said this to him. He also didn’t want to be stopped in “his presentation” with questions. After a long disitation you’d forgotten what you wanted to ask. I gave up. When you did get a question in he didn’t answer it anyway, kept on with presentation. Phew.... it was hard going. He was quite amenable as long as we stuck to his programme. HOWEVER - the smoking got to me. This is not a Michael problem but a European problem. Nothing is more upsetting to me than a guide who’s puffing away as we walk about. Smoke wafting up my nose. I think we were supposed to sit outside so the guide could smoke at the table. I moved the ashtray and got given a lecture. Ate inside from then on. The car smelled awful as well. Now woven into all this were some amazing sights. Just seeing/visiting them and not ALL of them would have been great. Given there was only 2 of us on the tour it could have easily been tailored to fit both. We traveled in a VW Passat (I think - 4 door diesel anyway). From the back seat you could see little above half lamp post height out side window, the headrest forward. With the GPS and radio going it wasn’t easy to hear Michael talking at a mile a minute. Speaking about speed, Michael knew the roads, he handled the car fine but drove way too fast. The accomodation was excellent and the breakfasts well presented and lots of variety. No complaints. I did ask if I could have a selection from the menu for lunch/dinner as Michael was ordering to start and getting the same meal every day was not what I wanted given I was trying to try local. I got a lecture about how inconvenient it was and big groups couldn’t do that. Given there was 2 of us I didn’t get the point. I would have been happy to have a budget and chose within that. Not a problem, but NOT a lecture. In fact I felt like I was being growled at ( as did the other person) all the time. Finally I switched off. Gave up. Just let my eyes glaze over as Michael prattled in about who knows what. We 2 did here about 3 or 4 times the same stories about awful Italian tourists, awful Spanish tourists, awful Israeli tourists, bad, rude, low tippers, late starters, punch ups, drinkers, yar yar yar... as I said didn’t stop to take a breath. I’m sure Ozzie’s and Kiwis have now been added to the tourists to avoid list. I got the feeling Michael should give tour leading up and bring the blood pressure down. Did I enjoy the trip - it had its moments. It didn’t cover what I’d hoped, I did see a handful of amazing things the rest for me was same same. We covered a lot of kilometres but weren’t given any time to see the country. Not local enough for me. Michael would get antsy if we wanted to poke about in the local shops - hey we’re paying tourists but always made time for smoke stops disguised as toilet breaks. Would I recommend Trip2Ro - not with some major agenda shifts. Maybe European travellers are happy with this tour but I’ve done similar style trips in several countries and this one missed the mark for me. It’s an interesting country that is being sold short.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest - Arad - Timisoara
- Day 2: Timisoara - Corvini's Castle - Alba Iulia - Sibiu
- Day 3 Sibiu – Biertan – Sighisoara – Targu Mures - Bistrita
- Day 4 Bistrita – Voronet – Moldovita – Sucevita – Gura Humorului
- Day 5 Gura Humorului – Piatra Neamt – Red Lake – Miercurea Ciuc
- Day 6 Miercurea CIuc – Brasov – Bran – Sinaia
- Day 7 Sinaia – Bucarest
- Day 8
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
8 Days Transylvania & Bucovina from Budapest to Bucharest
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
- FridayJun 22, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
- FridayJun 29, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
- FridayJul 6, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
- FridayJul 13, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
- FridayJul 20, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
- FridayJul 27, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
- FridayAug 3, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Bucharest8 seats left$44USD $1,417
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary and Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary and Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Bucharest is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Trip2Ro booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 July 2018 the full payment of $1,417 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1417 for 8 Days Transylvania & Bucovina from Budapest to Bucharest, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Trip2Ro will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trip2Ro tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,272 km.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 278 km
- Timisoara (Romania)
- 107 km
- Corvin Castle (Romania)
- 67 km
- Alba Iulia (Romania)
- 53 km
- Sibiu (Romania)
- 69 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 41 km
- Targu Mures (Romania)
- 140 km
- Bistrita (Romania)
- 99 km
- Moldovita (Romania)
- 17 km
- Sucevita (Romania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,417 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,111 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 8 Days Transylvania & Bucovina from Budapest to Bucharest via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 8 Days Transylvania & Bucovina from Budapest to Bucharest