Iceland's Highlights: Small Group Guided Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,300
- +17 Destinations
- South Iceland
- Kayak among icebergs in a glacier lagoon
- Discover Iceland's majestic waterfalls
- Soak in the geothermal hot springs
- Explore the vibrant city of Reykjavik
- Age range
- 12 to 75 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- ThomasWritten on October 25, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Overall, it was a good introduction to Iceland. We could have spent less time at certain spots, like the black sand beach or lobster restaurant and more time at Seljalandsfoss etc. Glacier walk and iceberg kayak (optional) were amazing experiences. Jackie... Read more
- KathyWritten on October 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Mero was the best! From beginning to end he made everything interesting and fun. He accommodated six women for 5 days— not an easy task! Mero is very knowledgeable about Iceland, has great attention to detail, and every day is well planned out. We were... Read more
- RRoseStertzWritten on July 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had no idea what to expect, but what I experienced was way over what I could even imagine! The landscaping was eye candy for the soul no matter where you looked. It was enjoyable even when driving between sites. Hotels were well appointed, employees... Read more
- LindaWritten on June 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This tour was amazing! It was the perfect mix of adventure and relaxation. Exploring the lava cave, kayaking on a glacial lagoon and climbing a glacier were unforgettable. Soaking in the natural hot springs or pools was the height of relaxation. The... Read more
- AnnaWritten on April 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Beyond Perfect Trip! This was a great trip with wonderful activities, accommodations with a view, delicious meals, and a very knowledgeable tour guide. Mero not only shared great Iceland history, but was able to answer all of our off hand questions too. He... Read more
- AAnonymousWritten on March 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Mero went above and beyond for us on our private Iceland trip. He was knowledgeable about the area, and his passion for the country and what he does was contagious. We always felt safe and knew we were in the best of hands. The trip was an experience... Read more
- KWKevinWritten on October 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our 5 day “Carpe Mundo” Iceland Highlights tour was an incredible experience and our tour guide Mero was outstanding in his knowledge of Iceland and went above and beyond in all aspects of the tour. The activities that were selected throughout the trip were... Read more
- KVKathleenWritten on July 29, 20174.0 - Good
Iceland is beautiful and Mero did a great job of getting our group around to see the highlights! He arranged lovely accommodations and we had delicious meals at the restaurants he selected. Mero is very knowledgeable and was a gracious host to our group in... Read moreShow detailed ratingsCarpe Mundo commented on this reviewI'm glad you enjoyed the trip Kathy! It was so great having you and Emily along, I hope you can join us on another tour in the future!
- VEVanessaWritten on July 29, 20175.0 - Excellent
Our trip to Iceland was transformative! I was reminded daily just how big and small the world can be simultaneously. Our travel group was the perfect size and everyone was wonderful! I had to push myself more than I anticipated, but I was encouraged every,... Read moreShow detailed ratingsCarpe Mundo commented on this reviewThank you for your kind words Vanessa! I'm so glad that you decided to choose us for your dream trip to Iceland- seeing how much you loved it was so rewarding, it really is an amazing country! We would love to have you join us on our Adriatic Highlights trip- maybe next year?! Thanks again!
- CKCrystalWritten on July 23, 20175.0 - Excellent
An amazing trip! Mero is an exceptional guide! My daughter and I have lifetime memories. It's a well laid out trip with full days and contains many wonderful little local stops. Mero knows how to show you Iceland! We advise to listen to all of his... Read moreShow detailed ratingsCarpe Mundo commented on this reviewThank you Crystal! You and Linsey were so much fun to have along- I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Iceland!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Reykjavik to Snaefellsnes
Start point Reykjavik Area Hotels, Reykjavík, Reykjavík, Iceland 09:00 - 09:30
- Day 2: Snaefellsnes to the Golden Circle
- Day 3: Golden Circle
- Day 4: Drive to Glacier Lagoon
Day 5: Glacier Activities & Return to Reykjavik
End point Reykjavik Area Hotels, Reykjavík, Reykjavík, Iceland 20:00 - 21:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland Highlights Tour
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I would really like to snorkel in Silfra. Would that be possible?
You can include a snorkelling tour in Silfra without a problem you'll spend two nights not too far from Silfra and we can definitely arrange that for you.
Does this tour travel to the Blue Lagoon?
This tour does not visit the Blue Lagoon- the Blue Lagoon is located between the international airport and Reykjavik, and it's very easy to arrange a stop when transferring to the city from the airport (they even have an area to store your luggage). While on our tour, there is an opportunity to visit a place called the Secret Lagoon, which is also a geothermal swimming area. It's not as commercial as the Blue Lagoon, and it doesn't have the same aqua/turquoise water, but it is cheaper and a very cool experience!
Can we see the Northern Lights on this tour?
As far as the Northern Lights goes, we can never guarantee that you'll see them, but March is one of the best times of year to see them, the locations where we stay are in areas free of light pollution, and depending on cloud cover we can drive to other locations at night to see them if needed. So there's a very good chance, provided that the weather cooperates, but we can never guarantee it.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ellen22nd July 2018
Iceland's Highlights: Small Group Guided Tour
- MondayApr 8, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayApr 12, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$366$1,695-22%USD $1,329
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to Reykjavik4 seats left$388$1,795-22%USD $1,407
- MondayJun 24, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayJun 28, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$595$1,895-31%USD $1,300
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayJul 4, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$595$1,895-31%USD $1,300
- TuesdayJul 16, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Reykjavik4 seats left$595$1,895-31%USD $1,300
- MondaySep 9, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridaySep 13, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$409$1,895-22%USD $1,486
- MondaySep 23, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridaySep 27, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$409$1,895-22%USD $1,486
- MondaySep 30, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$388$1,795-22%USD $1,407
- MondayOct 21, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayOct 25, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$388$1,795-22%USD $1,407
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Carpe Mundo booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 March 2019 the full payment of $1,300 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1300 for Iceland's Highlights: Small Group Guided Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Carpe Mundo will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Carpe Mundo tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 111 km
- Stykkisholmur (Iceland)
- 30 km
- Kirkjufell Mountain (Iceland)
- 28 km
- Hellnar (Iceland)
- 4 km
- Arnarstapi (Iceland)
- 174 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 20 km
- Laugarvatn (Iceland)
- 21 km
- Kerid (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,300 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,329 tours in Europe
- covered by 336 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Iceland's Highlights: Small Group Guided Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iceland's Highlights: Small Group Guided Tour