- Our saving
- US $ 1,723
- Kayak among icebergs in a glacier lagoon
- Discover Iceland's majestic waterfalls
- Soak in the geothermal hot springs
- Explore the vibrant city of Reykjavik
- Age range
- 13 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- AnnaWritten on April 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentBeyond Perfect Trip! This was a great trip with wonderful activities, accommodations with a view, delicious meals, and a very knowledgeable tour guide. Mero not only shared great Iceland history, but was able to answer all of our off hand questions too. He was easy to work with leading up to the trip as well responsive on email to all of my questions and even provided a very detailed packing list that was super helpful. This was the first time I was traveling alone and I felt completely comfortable the whole time. The trip is a wonderful way to experience Iceland!Show detailed ratings
- KWKevinWritten on October 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur 5 day “Carpe Mundo” Iceland Highlights tour was an incredible experience and our tour guide Mero was outstanding in his knowledge of Iceland and went above and beyond in all aspects of the tour. The activities that were selected throughout the trip were a perfect combination of adventure and relaxation. From late night drives and sipping hot chocolate while looking at the northern lights (which put on a spectacular display on 4 of the 5 nights) to secret hot springs with rugged scenery- we enjoyed breathtaking moments every step along the way. All the hotels were fantastic, and the restaurants we visited had delicious fresh food. A must do for every traveller who visits Iceland, would thoroughly recommend. Thank you Mero!!Show detailed ratings
- KVKathleenWritten on July 29, 20174.0 - GoodIceland is beautiful and Mero did a great job of getting our group around to see the highlights! He arranged lovely accommodations and we had delicious meals at the restaurants he selected. Mero is very knowledgeable and was a gracious host to our group in Iceland.Show detailed ratingsCarpe Mundo commented on this reviewI'm glad you enjoyed the trip Kathy! It was so great having you and Emily along, I hope you can join us on another tour in the future!
- VEVanessaWritten on July 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur trip to Iceland was transformative! I was reminded daily just how big and small the world can be simultaneously. Our travel group was the perfect size and everyone was wonderful! I had to push myself more than I anticipated, but I was encouraged every, literal, step of the way by our fantastic guide, Mero. I have adopted his words, "You are closer than you have ever been!", as my personal motto. When I was the last person to make it to the thermal river after a 45 minute hike (for me, more like an hour or so), Mero was there to high five me for my efforts, being patient, kind and encouraging! He knows what he is doing and does it very well. Trust him to steer you on your next adventure. My daughter and I loved every minute of the Iceland Highlights trip! I am already planning my next journey with Carpe Mundo to the Adriatic.Show detailed ratingsCarpe Mundo commented on this reviewThank you for your kind words Vanessa! I'm so glad that you decided to choose us for your dream trip to Iceland- seeing how much you loved it was so rewarding, it really is an amazing country! We would love to have you join us on our Adriatic Highlights trip- maybe next year?! Thanks again!
- CKCrystalWritten on July 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentAn amazing trip! Mero is an exceptional guide! My daughter and I have lifetime memories. It's a well laid out trip with full days and contains many wonderful little local stops. Mero knows how to show you Iceland! We advise to listen to all of his suggestions. You will not be disappointed. The sights you see are breathtaking and leave you in awe of Mother Nature.Show detailed ratingsCarpe Mundo commented on this reviewThank you Crystal! You and Linsey were so much fun to have along- I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Iceland!
- BSBryanWritten on March 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was epic. We were blown away everyday and our expectations were far exceeded. Days were long, but I doubt we missed anything worth seeing on the South of Iceland. Our guide, Mero, did exrtra things to surprise the group and make our daily experiences even that more special.Show detailed ratingsCarpe Mundo commented on this reviewThanks Bryan! It was so great having you and your friends on the trip- we definitely did see and do a lot! We hope to see you on another Carpe Mundo trip in the future :-)
- Donna-KayeWritten on March 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe Iceland Highlights tour was fantastic! Mero from Carpe Mundo is nothing short of a fantastic tour guide who goes above and beyond for his guests at all times. The group size was small which is far better than a bigger size as you get to know your tour mates very well. Mero was great with delays and weather issues and all were just part of the adventure. I cant recommend this company enough. But be prepared to do some walking! Bring good shoes!Show detailed ratingsCarpe Mundo commented on this reviewThank you for the feedback DK, as well as the pictures! It was so great getting to know you while we explored Iceland, I hope the rest of your European trip was just as great, hopefully we'll see you on a future CM trip!
- LLizWritten on December 23, 20165.0 - ExcellentI was extremely satisfied with Carpe Mundo! Mero and his staff were nothing but professional, courteous, knowledgeable and helpful from the very beginning. I booked the Iceland Highlight tour, highly recommended! The accommodations superb, and the adventures amazing! I highly recommend any tour with Mero, he will turn your trip into an unforgettable experience!Show detailed ratings
- JJordanWritten on December 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on the Iceland Highlights 2016 trip and it was just amazing. Mero was an incredible guide who truly knows his way around the area and even several secret spots. He planned so many fun, outdoor activities as well as loads of sight seeing. I was not bored for one second! I am planning to go on the Germany Biking trip next summer for sure.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik to Snæfellsnes
- Day 2: Snæfellsnes to the Golden Circle
- Day 3: Golden Circle
- Day 4: Drive to Glacier Lagoon
- Day 5: Glacier Activities & Return to Reykjavik
- Pre/Post Trip Travels
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Iceland Highlights Tour
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
I would really like to snorkel in Silfra. Would that be possible?
You can include a snorkelling tour in Silfra without a problem you'll spend two nights not too far from Silfra and we can definitely arrange that for you.
- January 1, 2017
Does this tour travel to the Blue Lagoon?
This tour does not visit the Blue Lagoon- the Blue Lagoon is located between the international airport and Reykjavik, and it's very easy to arrange a stop when transferring to the city from the airport (they even have an area to store your luggage). While on our tour, there is an opportunity to visit a place called the Secret Lagoon, which is also a geothermal swimming area. It's not as commercial as the Blue Lagoon, and it doesn't have the same aqua/turquoise water, but it is cheaper and a very cool experience!
- January 1, 2017
Can we see the Northern Lights on this tour?
As far as the Northern Lights goes, we can never guarantee that you'll see them, but March is one of the best times of year to see them, the locations where we stay are in areas free of light pollution, and depending on cloud cover we can drive to other locations at night to see them if needed. So there's a very good chance, provided that the weather cooperates, but we can never guarantee it.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Jokulsarlon5 seats left$80USD $1,915
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Jokulsarlon5 seats left$72USD $1,723
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Reykjavik is the starting point and Jokulsarlon is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Carpe Mundo booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $1,723 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1723 for Iceland Highlights, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Carpe Mundo will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Carpe Mundo tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 111 km
- Stykkisholmur (Iceland)
- 30 km
- Kirkjufell Mountain (Iceland)
- 28 km
- Hellnar (Iceland)
- 176 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 29 km
- Hveragerdi (Iceland)
- 98 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 28 km
- Vik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,723 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Iceland Highlights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iceland Highlights