Iceland's Highlights: Small Group Guided Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,741
- Kayak among icebergs in a glacier lagoon
- Discover Iceland's majestic waterfalls
- Soak in the geothermal hot springs
- Explore the vibrant city of Reykjavik
- Age range
- 12 to 75 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Carpe Mundo
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Reykjavik to Snaefellsnes
Start point Reykjavik Area Hotels, Reykjavík, Reykjavík, Iceland 09:00 - 09:30
- Day 2: Snaefellsnes to the Golden Circle
- Day 3: Golden Circle
- Day 4: Drive to Glacier Lagoon
Day 5: Glacier Activities & Return to Reykjavik
End point Reykjavik Area Hotels, Reykjavík, Reykjavík, Iceland 20:00 - 21:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JuLeighWritten on October 15, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This tour is fantastic! We were pleased from our Monday morning pickup until our Friday evening drop off. Our guide was wonderful and went above and beyond to make sure we thoroughly enjoyed our Iceland tour. I can’t say enough good things about this tour... Read moreReview collected by Carpe Mundo
- jodiWritten on October 9, 20194.5 - Excellent
What a wonderful adventure. The itinerary includes the best of Iceland. We especially loved Thingvellir Park, the geothermal river hike, lunch at Fridheimar greenhouse and the glacier hike. There wasn't anything I would take off the schedule. The... Read moreShow detailed ratingsCarpe Mundo commented on this reviewThank you for the feedback Jodi! We will definitely mention to future groups the information about changing before dinner- that is very helpful. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time in Iceland, we hope to see you on a future Carpe Mundo trip!Review collected by Carpe Mundo
- HelenWritten on September 22, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This Highlights tour was amazing! The natural beauty of Iceland is stunning. On top of that our guide Giri was top notch. He explained everything very well, was adaptable and worked hard to ensure we had the best experience. He’s extremely personable; a... Read moreReview collected by Carpe Mundo
- EmilyWritten on July 16, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I was not quite sure what to expect when I booked this tour, but in the end the trip did not disappoint! Mero and Giri really made the tour – they clearly love Iceland and were passionate about sharing the country with us. We got to experience an ideal... Read moreReview collected by Carpe Mundo
- StuartWritten on July 15, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I signed up for this tour based on price and the excellent reviews I had read, and it was a wonderful trip. Mero has chosen a profession he is very suited to. He is warm, friendly and charming. He was also very accomodating. One night after dinner some... Read moreReview collected by Carpe Mundo
- VladimirWritten on July 14, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our expectations of Iceland and Mero’s tour were high, perhaps unreasonably high, due to the beautiful images of the tour’s sightseeing and high praise of the tour’s thoroughness. Despite these extremely high expectations, we are extremely satisfied with... Read moreReview collected by Carpe Mundo
- KylieManningWritten on July 6, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Wanted to visit Iceland because it is a place most people have yet to discover. The Carpe Mundo Highlights tour was incredible and everyday felt like a once in a lifetime adventure!Review collected by Carpe Mundo
- JenniferWritten on July 5, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I can’t even begin to describe what an amazing trip this was! Giri was #thebesttourguideever and the trip would not have been the same without him. The itinerary was perfect, the company was fun, and Iceland is not to be missed. Thank you for putting... Read moreReview collected by Carpe Mundo
- MmattflemmingWritten on May 6, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We didn't know what to expect, and couldn't possibly have been happier. Meero is a clearly a careful planner, an engaging guide and all-around great guy to spend a week with. The tour itself was AMAZING and we are considering another Carpe Mundo tour next... Read more
- TMTerryWritten on April 13, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Outstanding tour plus good support for elderly participants.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I would really like to snorkel in Silfra. Would that be possible?
You can include a snorkelling tour in Silfra without a problem you'll spend two nights not too far from Silfra and we can definitely arrange that for you.
Does this tour travel to the Blue Lagoon?
This tour does not visit the Blue Lagoon- the Blue Lagoon is located between the international airport and Reykjavik, and it's very easy to arrange a stop when transferring to the city from the airport (they even have an area to store your luggage). While on our tour, there is an opportunity to visit a place called the Secret Lagoon, which is also a geothermal swimming area. It's not as commercial as the Blue Lagoon, and it doesn't have the same aqua/turquoise water, but it is cheaper and a very cool experience!
Can we see the Northern Lights on this tour?
As far as the Northern Lights goes, we can never guarantee that you'll see them, but March is one of the best times of year to see them, the locations where we stay are in areas free of light pollution, and depending on cloud cover we can drive to other locations at night to see them if needed. So there's a very good chance, provided that the weather cooperates, but we can never guarantee it.
- Iceland Highlights Tour
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Trisha3rd March 2019
Iceland's Highlights: Small Group Guided Tour
- MondayJun 22, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayJun 26, 2020to Reykjavik4 seats left$57USD $1,838Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayJun 30, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayJul 4, 2020to Reykjavik7 seats left$57USD $1,838Sharing a twin room
- ThursdayJul 16, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayJul 20, 2020to Reykjavik7 seats left$57USD $1,838Sharing a twin room
- MondayOct 12, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayOct 16, 2020to Reykjavik7 seats left$54USD $1,741Sharing a twin room
- MondayOct 19, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayOct 23, 2020to Reykjavik7 seats left$54USD $1,741Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 13 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 13 January 2020, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Carpe Mundo. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Carpe Mundo. Please familiarise yourself with the Carpe Mundo payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Carpe Mundo will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Carpe Mundo tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 111 km
- Stykkisholmur (Iceland)
- 30 km
- Kirkjufell Mountain (Iceland)
- 28 km
- Hellnar (Iceland)
- 4 km
- Arnarstapi (Iceland)
- 174 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 20 km
- Laugarvatn (Iceland)
- 21 km
- Kerid (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,741 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,420 tours in Europe
- covered by 522 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iceland's Highlights: Small Group Guided Tour