Best of Japan Tour including Hiroshima
- Our saving
- US $ 3,303
- +6 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Age range
- 25 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- ANAmitWritten on May 14, 20184.5 - ExcellentA well organised tour around key highlights of Japan including the hussle and bussle of Tokyo, the temples and shrines in Kyoto and Nikko, the mountain scenery on the way to Takayama and of course all the emotions stirred by the peace memorial area in Hiroshima (a place [like Auschwitz] which I believe everyone should visit once in their life). This was undoubtedly one of my best ever holidays – I really loved the combination of culture (all the amazing temples and shrines, beautiful Japanese Gardens), the efficiency and ease of travelling around Japan (very safe, everything very hygienic, the bullet trains – which are always so on time you can set your watch by them), the food and the extremely friendly and polite people (I just cannot imagine someone from Japan ever losing their temper. All the bowing and respect shown is truly amazing). As well as seeing many key tourist places and sites on the trip, we had great opportunities to get deeper into Japanese culture (tea ceremony, sushi making class, staying overnight in a traditional ryokan) and we were able to use some free time on the trip to make a trip to the spring water baths (onsen) in Gero. I stayed an extra 2 days in Osaka after the end of the official trip which gave me time to visit Osaka Castle and also make a day trip to Nara (the capital before Kyoto and Tokyo) which was stunning. Thanks to Kate from Solo Travellers, our excellent local guides and my wonderful fellow travellers for a fantastic holiday.Show detailed ratings
- NNormaBrownWritten on May 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentI absolutely loved the whole experience and the trip included all the best bits from each city visited - the old, the new, the traditional etc. I thought the time spent in each city was sufficient and the local guides were very good with the last 2 ladies (guide in Kyoto and Hiroshima) both were exceptional and both had extensive knowledge of the places they took us toShow detailed ratings
- NNormaBrownWritten on May 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentI loved the whole experience - we covered the best in all the cities visited - the old the new, the traditional. The guides were good with the last two (the guide in Kyoto and Hiroshima) both these were exceptional with extensive knowledgeShow detailed ratings
- RRavinderGillWritten on May 2, 20184.0 - GoodSushi making classes, Mount Fuji, Bullet Train, too many to mention. All of what we did was great.Show detailed ratings
- EGellenWritten on April 29, 20183.5 - GoodI enjoyed the tour very much and Kate was fantastic,but there hotel quality issues in one city that caused problems. Kate worked hard to ensure everyone was happy. Overall, the tour was well run and I loved Japan.Show detailed ratings
- NNinaWritten on June 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentJapan was amazing and the people were so nice. It was a fast paced trip and tiring at times but we managed to do so much! We visited, Tokyo, Nikko, Takayama, Kyto and Hiroshima- all very different with their own special appeal.. The group were fun and very easy going and were a pleasure to travel with. This trip gave a great taste of Japan and I would definitely recommend!Show detailed ratings
- JBJagodaWritten on May 30, 20175.0 - ExcellentToday I have just come back from a very enjoyable trip to Japan organised by Solo Travellers. Our itinerary covered the must-see places namely Tokyo, Mount Fuji, Kyoto and Hiroshima as well as smaller but very interesting spots such as Nikko, Takayama and Miyajima. Within 10 days we covered a great number of miles via Shinkansen; walked through many parks and visited numerous shrines and temples; and tasted a whole variety of local foods. The hotels we stayed in were centrally located, had excellent facilities (e.g. Japanese spa), were very clean and served great and generous breakfast. The local guides hired by Solo Travellers had excellent knowledge of the area covered. The trip was stress free, as the organisers were able to change travel arrangements to suit the needs of the individual participants; or to tweak the daily sight-seeing schedule to enable the group to visit more places. You could also choose to do your own things, and join the group activities when convenient. Certain members of my group had travelled with Solo Travellers to other places. This was my first travel with the company, and I will join them in the future. I will also introduce Solo Travellers to my friends, as my experience was excellent.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Tokyo (D)
- Day 2: Tokyo (B)
- Day 3: Tokyo (B,L)
- Day 4: Tokyo Free Day (B)
- Day 5: Nikko / Tokyo (B)
- Day 6: Tokyo / Takayama (B)
- Day 7: Takayama / Kyoto (B)
- Day 8: Kyoto (B)
- Day 9: Kyoto (B,L)
- Day 10: Kyoto / Hiroshima (B)
- Day 11: Hiroshima / Osaka (B)
- Day 12: Depart Osaka (B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Best of Japan Tour including Hiroshima
- TuesdayApr 2, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to Osaka4 seats left$102USD $3,303
- TuesdayNov 12, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysSaturdayNov 23, 2019to Osaka8 seats left$102USD $3,303
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Solo Travellers Group Holidays booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 December 2018 the full payment of $3,303 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3303 for Best of Japan Tour including Hiroshima, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Solo Travellers Group Holidays will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Solo Travellers Group Holidays tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 196 km
- Nikko (Japan)
- 111 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 184 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 281 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,303 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,020 tours in Asia
- covered by 310 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Best of Japan Tour including Hiroshima via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Japan Tour including Hiroshima