5 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights
- Our saving
- US $ 862
- +6 Destinations
- South Iceland
- Visit the Golden Circle, full of geothermal wonders
- Enjoy some free time in Reykjavík
- Discover the breathtaking southern coast of the island
- Admire magnificent glaciers
- Rather Poor
- THToshieWritten on July 9, 20184.0 - GoodThis was my first time using TourRadar to book an Iceland trip. Booking online was very easy and I was lucky enough to have Anna Margret of Saga Travel as my booking agent. She was very efficient. She answered all my queries and arranged roundtrip transfers from airport to guesthouse. The guest house was located in a very convenient place near shops, restaurants, City Hall and museums. We took the five-day Reykjavik and Local Highlights tour. Everything went smoothly except for a booking problem with the travel partner service on the second day. After the trip, I contacted Anna Margret about the mishap and she more than made up for it. Thank you Anna Margret - you are the Best! “Kudos to you” Also, we loved the small group and the driver/guide was knowledgeable and respectable. My husband and I were also impressed with the exceptional customer service from TourRadar and their staff. Thank you to Miranda for amazing service. We plan on using TourRadar again and highly recommend it to family and friends. ToshieShow detailed ratingsSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi Toshie, Anna Margrét here at Saga Travel GeoIceland. Thank you for your great review on our Short Break - glad to have you travel with us! :-) Sending my best regards, Anna Margrét
- DBDavidWritten on January 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe accommodation at Sunna was clean and comfy, also well placed in Reykjavik. Our window view was of the famous church and overlooking the statue museum. The breakfast was small but everything you needed ; cereal, toast, meat, cheese fruit, tea and coffee. The guides on the various trips were all excellent and knowledgeable. The Icelandic humour is good, as is their spirit and friendliness. The first night's Northern Lights tour was cancelled due to weather which also happened on another evening. You can rebook if you don't manage to set the lights. We managed to get out on 2 evenings but see nothing. The other 2 were cancelled. It didn't seem like winter was a good time to catch the lights as nothing had been seen for 3 weeks apparently. The Golden Triangle tour was quite a pleasant day weather wise and the Waterfalls were amazing. On our free day we had booked the Blue Lagoon separately and that says truly amazing. We booked a few weeks before the trip to ensure tickets and transport. Not cheap, but if you're there..... The South Coast tour weather was bad but the day was still enjoyable and the sites varied. The waves on the Black Sand Beach have to be seen to be believed. We saw a woman dragged into the sea from the beach by one of them and people had to run in to grab her out. Terrifying. The tour was good value but be warned, Iceland is expensive!Show detailed ratingsSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi hi David - this is Hildigunnur at Saga Travel, thank you very much for a great review it´s always nice to hear from your customers how they experience our service. We hope to see you again in Iceland and would love to assist yo with your travel. Kind regards Hildigunnur
- HLHongWritten on January 2, 20184.0 - GoodTour overall was fine. We enjoyed the tour & itinerary provided, the tour guides were punctual and did deliver what was written on the tour. The only disappointment was the fact that they did not provide sufficient information daily as to when would be the best day to watch the northern lights. They had a miscommunication which lead to us missing out on a day for a chance to see the lights because we were informed extremely late and the tour for the following day was fully booked. Tour guide for the golden circle was average, the one who took us for the south coast was superb! Gave us quite a few interesting historical facts and stories about Iceland, would rate the tour guides 3.5/5.0 and 4.9/5.0 respectively. Views and sceneries were amazing despite the harsh & unpredictable weather. Only disappointment was the fact that we missed our chance to see the northern lights and once again, weather changes are not theirs to control so it depends of sheer luck. Would recommend to a friend.Show detailed ratingsSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi hi Hong Lui Tan - this is Hildigunnur here at Saga Travel. It´s always nice to hear from our customers to improve our service. We thank you for your nice words and helpful comments and hope to see you again in Iceland. Kind regards Hildigunnur
- NNancyWritten on June 21, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip to Iceland was awesome. All of the guides were terrific, there was Wi-Fi on any tour buses and the scenery was stunning. The hostel was not super clean but it was a bed and we made the best of it. Very good times had in Iceland.Show detailed ratingsSaga Travel commented on this reviewHello Nancy, nice to hear that you had such a nice experience in Iceland and we hope to see you again. All the best Hildigunnur
- NPNancyWritten on April 23, 20174.0 - GoodIceland was fantastic....so much to see....be prepared for variety in the weather, have a positive attitude, and you will have an amazing timeShow detailed ratingsSaga Travel commented on this reviewHello Nancy. We are happy to hear that you had a great time in Iceland and hope to see you back :-) Best regards Tinna
- MJMatthewWritten on February 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur visit to Iceland was fantastic. Our day trip guides (Paul and Simon) were friendly knowledgeable and enthusiastic - particularly Simon, who guided us around the Southern Coast. There is so much to see and do we will need to make a return visit in the next few months!Show detailed ratingsSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi Matthew, glad to hear you enjoyed Páll and Símon's company :) We hope to see you in Iceland in the future, we will gladly assist you! Best regards, Anna Margrét
- MSMargaretWritten on February 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was great. The landscape and experiences in the north were amasing and the guide was very informative and thorough. He had excellent local knowledge which he shared with great enthusiam. He looked afer all of the group ensurung we were all aware of any safety issues relating to the environment we were visiting. The van/ mini bus was comfortable and clean and well maintained. Up in the north we stayed in a youth hostel which was of good standard however our expectation was for hotel accommodation. In the south again the tour was excellent in a very comfortable well maintained car. Our guide knew the Golden Circle well and told us interesting information about the area. He also ensured our safety. The accommodation adquate.Show detailed ratingsSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi Margaret Thank you very much for your review, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your adventure to North Iceland! Always welcome again. Warm regards, Tinna.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Northern Lights Tour (only winter)
- Day 2 Golden Circle Classic
- Day 3 Whale Watching Tour (only summer)
- Day 4 South Coast Nature Highlights
- Day 5 Departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can you arrange a transportation from airport to Reykiavic hotel?
Yes,a transportation from KEF International airport to hotel in Reykjavík can be organized. Bus transport cost per person. Private transport is also available and the cost depends on how many you are travelling together.
I am vegan and was wondering if there would be any vegan options for the included breakfasts.
Yes, once your accommodation is booked, the accommodation will be notified with your dietary needs.
What are the options for the accommodation on this tour?
Budget accommodation - is by standard a double/twin room in hostels and guesthouses with shared bathroom facilities.
All rooms come with made up beds. Breakfast is included.
Comfort accommodation - is by standard a double/twin room in hotels and guesthouses with private facilities. All rooms come with made up beds and towels. Breakfast is included.
Superior accommodation - is by standard a double/twin room in four star hotels or the best available accommodation with private facilities. All rooms come with made up beds and towels. Customers can request a single room with an applicable fee. Breakfast is included, unless otherwise stated.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
5 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- TuesdayJul 24, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
- WednesdayJul 25, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
- ThursdayJul 26, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
- FridayJul 27, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysTuesdayJul 31, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayAug 1, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
- TuesdayJul 31, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
- TuesdayAug 7, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
- WednesdayAug 8, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$35USD $1,135
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Saga Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 September 2018 the full payment of $862 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $862 for 5 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Saga Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Saga Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 76 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 135 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 161 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $862 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,722 tours in Europe
- covered by 242 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights