5 Day Akureyri & Local Highlights
- Our saving
- US $ 822
- Discover the charming town of Akureyri
- Enjoy an amazing journey through the Lake Myvatn area
- Visit the Golden Circle, full of geothermal wonders
- Have a bath in the middle of lava fields
- Age range
- 4 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Self-Guided
- Rather Poor
- BCBeverleyWritten on January 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentI was completely satisfied with my tour company, Saga Travel. They initiated changes to my itinerary in accordance with the changes is weather, so that I could maximize my tours, transfers to destinations, etc... the hotels were all safe, new and clean. The tour guides were professional, knowledgeable and kept us safe while traveling. Overall, I was very satisfied.Show detailed ratingsSaga Travel commented on this reviewDear Beverley Thank you for your kind words! It was wonderful to have you here in Iceland travelling with us. I wish you a great 2017 and hopefully we will see you back in Iceland sometime :-) Warm regards Tinna
- DevWritten on December 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentDid the 5-Day Akureyri tour with Saga Travel which saw us have several tours across Akureyri as well a Reykjavik. They were amazing. tour sizes are listed at a maximum of 15 people, but each tour had a maximum of 5 people and in a very comfortable Vehicle (Mercedes Benz 7 seater). It was very personalized and allowed for flexibility. All the guides very knowledgeable, friendly and funny. They also showed us some of the smaller attractions and provided us with the rich history of iceland as it pertained to each of the attractions we visited. They were prompt for pickups and dropoffs. I would definitely recommend them to any one. Our Saga Travel booking agent, Ana Margret was also awesome throughout the entire process and we got an opportunity to meet her as well during our visit. All in all, a hands down awesome tour experience - Wish they were available in all destinations!Show detailed ratingsSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi Dev! Thank you for your kind words - it was a pleasure assisting you on your visit to Iceland and great to meet you guys :) Enjoy New Years Eve and all my best to the both of you. Anna Margrét
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Northern Lights Tour (only winter)
- Day 2 Lake Mývatn with Nature Baths
- Day 3 Whale Watching Tour (only summer)
- Day 4 Dettifoss Waterfall
- Day 5 Departure
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there an available airport transfer? (from the international airport)?
Yes, there is an available airport transfer on this trip, for an additional cost. Please contact us to arrange this.
Is there an accommodation upgrade available?
When you go to the booking page for your preferred tour start date, you will be able to select which type of accommodation you would like to book. If you scroll down the pag, accommodation options are listed in section 3 on the page. You can choose whichever type you prefer.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
5 Day Akureyri & Local Highlights
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Akureyri10+ seats left$25USD $822
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Akureyri10+ seats left$25USD $822
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysSaturdayNov 10, 2018to Akureyri9 seats left$25USD $822
- ThursdayNov 8, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Akureyri10+ seats left$25USD $822
- TuesdayNov 13, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysSaturdayNov 17, 2018to Akureyri10+ seats left$25USD $822
- ThursdayNov 15, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysMondayNov 19, 2018to Akureyri10+ seats left$25USD $822
- TuesdayNov 20, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysSaturdayNov 24, 2018to Akureyri10+ seats left$25USD $822
- ThursdayNov 22, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysMondayNov 26, 2018to Akureyri10+ seats left$25USD $822
- TuesdayNov 27, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysSaturdayDec 1, 2018to Akureyri10+ seats left$25USD $822
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from Akureyri5 DaysMondayDec 3, 2018to Akureyri10+ seats left$25USD $822
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Akureyri.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Saga Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $822 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $822 for 5 Day Akureyri & Local Highlights, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Saga Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Saga Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Akureyri (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Godafoss (Iceland)
- 34 km
- Hverir (Iceland)
- 4 km
- Grjotagja Cave (Iceland)
- 5 km
- Dimmuborgir (Iceland)
- 6 km
- Myvatn Nature Baths (Iceland)
- 58 km
- Akureyri (Iceland)
- 80 km
- Dettifoss (Iceland)
- 23 km
- Asbyrgi Canyon (Iceland)
- 38 km
- Husavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $822 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,576 tours in Europe
- covered by 257 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day Akureyri & Local Highlights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day Akureyri & Local Highlights