France, Switzerland and Italy Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,919
- Climb up the Eiffel Tower
- Explore Doge's Palace in Venice
- Wander through the Uffizi Gallery
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- NANiteshWritten on December 5, 20174.0 - GoodOverall pretty cool trip, hotels were nice and in heart of city. tickets and guide were good too. Only problem i see is train travel and our check in times didn't matched. Eg: we reached Florence at 11:45 and our hotel check in was at 3 PM and hotel didn't allocate us room until that point. Same with Rome and Paris. Next time, maybe you can take care of this arrangement it would be much appreciated.Show detailed ratings
- GinoWritten on November 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentOverall great experience. Liked the tours, hotels and schedule was good. Kate was very helpful. A few areas for improvement but overall very goodShow detailed ratings
- MSMaryWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe had an amazing trip and I only wish we had more time in Switzerland to see Geneve and Zurich too. Other than that it was great and very high standard of hotels! Sightseeing tours were very informative and guides very friendly too. Transportation by train is really fast and convenient, especially after my 2 trips to Europe where we travelled by bus for 6 hours a day. Here it was smooth and within just 1.5-3 hours we got to the next city. I highly recommend Discovery Nomads and would love to travel with them again.Show detailed ratings
- MFMichaelWritten on October 10, 20172.5 - AverageDespite repeated requests for tour documents after full payment of tour cost, we weren’t provided full and final details until 12 days (8/9) before departure at which point we were already overseas. Alarmingly there were some significant deviations from the advertised details sent by Tour Radar in March 2017 and the final tour brief. Train times previously obtained were changed in the final documents and the claim that Hotels are centrally located and are either walking distance from train stations or 1-2 stops by metro/bus was the not the case in all but Lucerne and Paris. You failed to define walking distance. In Florence there was no way you could walk to the hotel and likewise in Venice and in both instances taxis were needed. Also, the hotel in Venice was a considerable distance from the sightseeing and there wasn’t any transportation on the street on which the hotel is situated. Tour Radar in the submission of the travel documents advised that we were to present the travel voucher to the tour leader; there was no such person in our case, we were surprised that it was a do it yourself tour without any overall guidance. In the tour description from Tour Radar and Discovery Nomads they speak of a Paris sightseeing tour, which was actually in our case a Free Walking Tour from the Latin Quarter to the Tuileries Gardens and which we were expected to tip the tour leader at the conclusion as he had not received any payment for our inclusion. The promised tour was meant to include the Arc de Triomphe and Napoleon’s Tomb and it didn’t, a false claim. The Louvre Museum Tour was not a tour, it was merely being giving tickets and being led to the appropriate line after 10 minutes of talk based on a book on the history of the building and nothing about the art contained within. This is not a tour it is assistance for entry it is a false claim on your brochures. The train times were changed from a previous statement by Discovery Nomads from 09:18 to 16:18 which disrupted plans already in place in Venice and didn’t allow for any forward planning for Lucerne. In Venice there was advertised optional activities of vaporetto ride to Murano and Burano, Peggy Guggenheim and the Academia Gallery but in the final documents had been deleted. The Uffizi Gallery Guided Visit listed in the Tour Radar brochure emailed to us was deleted from final documents and no vouchers were ever issued for our use. This again is false advertising. I am considering contacting consumer affairs about your false advertising alerting other travellers on trip advisor and other similar forums. I await your reply.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Michael, Thank you for your review. We informed you after the booking that the Voucher and other travel documents will be sent 10 days prior to departure. This is standard practice and we sent you the documents within the stated period. You asked for the train departure times and we answered that departures are usually scheduled in the morning and sent you an approximate timing noting that it depends on the availability. We do not define the exact hotel distances to attractions but we offer hotels that are centrally located and either walking distance to the train station/attractions or a short ride by public transport. The tour you were booked in was an independent tour and you meet with the guide only for sightseeing tours. Vaporetto ride to Murano and Burano, Peggy Guggenheim and the Academia Gallery are activities that we advise to do in Venice and none of them included in the tour, as well as Ufizzi Gallery please read “what’s included” section. Those activities can be added to the tour for an extra cost. Louvre museum tour includes an introduction and main facts about the museum and entrance tickets. Nevertheless, we hope you enjoyed your trip and had a great time in Europe. Best Regards, Discovery Nomads Team.
- RWRobertWritten on August 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was an amazing tour and I am looking forward to go on another one soon. The guides were great and it was so good that everything was organised though we still had some free time to do what we wanted. Kate sent us a list of absolutely amazing restaurants so the the problem of where to go for dinner was solved automatically. I also liked that the tour operator was so flexible and we amended our departure date at no cost and added a few days more in Italy. Transportation was easy go and trains were super comfortable. It was our first time in Europe and we visited all the highlights I've always dreamed of. Overall great experience!Show detailed ratings
- GMGriffinWritten on July 2, 20173.0 - Averagethe most stressful time was realizing i never received the email with all the train tickets...until we were overseas and needed them. They were sent to me pretty promptly when asked (she said "resent" but my check of emails shows onlly the itinerary was sent. Additionally, each tour guide waned to see my name on the itinerary- it was nowhere on the itinerary. ALso the free country guides only came in the email with the train tickets- would have been nice to have that in advance. MOre information about how to actually get to the hotels/tours would have been nice- the second most stressful part of the trip.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Griffin, Thank you for your review. Travel documents were sent to you via email promptly before your departure. We uploaded your Voucher on TourRadar and notified in messenger that other documents will be sent asap via email. We also resended that email once again when you asked. Again in the email, we informed you, that in order to attend sightseeing tours you will need your reference number and passport or ID to confirm your name. Hotels that we offer are located close to train stations/meeting points for sightseeing tours and using a city map, which you can take at any hotel, should not be a problem. I hope you nevertheless enjoyed your trip and had a great time in Europe. Best Regards, Discovery Nomads Team.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1-2 Paris
- Day 3 Lucerne
- Day 4-6 Venice
- Day 6-8 Florence
- Day 8-10 Rome
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 16, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour will end at check-out on the last day of the tour at Eurostars Rome or similar. Your adventure has come to an end and it is time to say farewell to your newfound friends! Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- May 16, 2018
What are the optional excursions?
The tour operator has advised that they do not have a list of optional excursions available for this tour, however, this can be provided upon request.
- April 27, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
This tour generally starts from Novotel Paris or similar in Paris, where you should arrive before 12 pm. Today you will check out this beautiful city from the Eiffel Tower and in the evening you will have free time to explore the nightlife of the city. Please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Robert19th January 2018
France, Switzerland and Italy Adventure Tour
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from Paris10 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Paris10 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Paris10 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Paris10 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from Paris10 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- WednesdayJun 13, 2018from Paris10 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from Paris10 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- WednesdayJun 20, 2018from Paris10 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from Paris10 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- WednesdayJun 27, 2018from Paris10 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroFrance and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Paris is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Discovery Nomads booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 August 2018 the full payment of $1,919 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1919 for France, Switzerland and Italy Adventure Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Discovery Nomads will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Discovery Nomads tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Paris (France)
- 488 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 356 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 203 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,919 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for France, Switzerland and Italy Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on France, Switzerland and Italy Adventure Tour