- Our saving
- US $ 709
- Age Range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Visit the historic Temple of Delphi
- Explore beautiful Belgrade
- Enjoy great food in Skopje
- Fall in love with Split
- Rather Poor
- BBecArthurWritten on May 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Balkan trail tour was fantastically planned and gave some really great insight into both ancient and modern history. Wes was an excellent guide with a great sense of humour and everyone on the tour had a lot of fun!Show detailed ratings
- LeiaraWritten on October 7, 20174.0 - GoodWes was a fantastic guide & had excellent local knowledge! This is a fantastic tour for history buffs to explore the region and see some exceptional landscapes.Show detailed ratings
- SSarahWritten on July 21, 20174.5 - Excellent"Alright guys" let me tell you about Poppy. She is such a lovely approachable person who always has a story to tell. The knowledge she has on where you are is shared with excitement and passion, not just reeled off information you could read in any guide book, she wants you to expand your knowledge. I personally really appreciated the time and effort she put in at meal times recommending food so you could really appreciate the culture while eating something tasty. I've had a few tour guides from various companies and so far Poppy has been my favourite :)Show detailed ratings
- GAGabrielWritten on July 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentShe was an excellent fun and energized guide, always knew what she was doing!Show detailed ratings
- JSJoshuaWritten on July 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentPoppy is such a kind, caring and fun person to be around. She guided us around the Balkans and her knowledge is outstanding. Her fact sharing is interesting and engaging and after the tour you really do find yourself in other European locations saying 'I wish Poppy was here with us!' My wife and I want to schedule our next Euro tour around her as a guide!Show detailed ratings
- CClaireWritten on December 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentHad lucie on a tour through the balkans. Her energy and enthusiasm was great. Always helpful. Made the tour.Show detailed ratings
- JPJudeWritten on August 29, 20145.0 - ExcellentBrilliant trip with stunning locations. Loved the trip around the coast. Adam was the best -fun, knowledgable and helpful. Loved partying together and watching World Cup fever. Truly a great tour group.Show detailed ratings
- BPBriannaWritten on August 25, 20145.0 - ExcellentAdam is the very definition of a perfect tour guide, he’s fun, energetic, and extremely knowledgeable in the history and culture of all the tour cities. Most people who’ve done several BusAbout tours state that he’s the best. He brings the trip to a whole new level, and puts a strong effort into making it the best possible experience for everyone. You leave with a lifetime of memories.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Athens to Delphi to Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki to Ohrid
- Ohrid to Skopje
- Skopje to Nis to Belgrade
- Belgrade to Sarajevo
- Sarajevo to Mostar to Split
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- 2017 - Welcome to Busabout
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Hi, We Are Busabout
- Busabout - Adventure Unlimited
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
What is the itinerary of this tour?
This morning drive to Delphi where we have an amazing professional guide take us around the incredible site and museum of Delphi (Included in tour price). The sanctuary of Delphi, where the oracle of Apollo spoke, was the religious centre of the ancient Greek world.
You're probably starting to get excited by this point, because the destination tonight is not only the birthplace of Alexander the Great, it's also famous for some of the best food and night life that Greece has to offer.
Today we set off towards the charming town of Ohrid, set on a lake with beautiful monasteries scattered along the shore line. Spend the day exploring the Old Town before heading out in the evening to enjoy Macedonian hospitality and its affordable nightlife.
Today we have a short 3-hour morning drive to Skopje
- January 31, 2017
What kind of accommodation is included in this tour?
Most of the time the accommodation is in multi-share hostels and hotels. Sometimes there is an option of upgrading it to twin-share but it is subject to availability.
- January 1, 2017
What type of accommodation is being used on this tour?
Most of the time, the accommodation is made in multi-share hostels and hotels.
Guides who have led this tour
- "My true passion in life is meeting new people and travelling. That is why I have chosen a career in Travel..."
- "I am just about the happiest little tour guide you could ever wish to meet. I love my job, every single..."
- "A Melbourne boy turned global citizen, with a passion for good views, breakfast foods, and life on the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Chris10th October 2017
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Split10+ seats left$160$869-18%USD $709
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Split10+ seats left$35USD $834
- FridayJun 29, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Split10+ seats left$36USD $863
- FridayJul 13, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to Split10+ seats left$165$899-18%USD $733
- FridayJul 27, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Split10+ seats left$165$899-18%USD $733
- FridayAug 10, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdayAug 18, 2018to Split10+ seats left$36USD $863
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Split10+ seats left$36USD $863
- FridaySep 7, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Split10+ seats left$35USD $834
- FridaySep 21, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Split10+ seats left$35USD $834
- FridayOct 5, 2018from Athens9 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Split10+ seats left$35USD $834
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Bosnia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Athens is the starting point and Split is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Busabout to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $100 to confirm this Busabout booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 July 2018 the full payment of $709 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $709 for Balkan Trail, but the deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Busabout tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 121 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 243 km
- Thessaloniki (Greece)
- 187 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 110 km
- Skopje (Macedonia)
- 152 km
- Nis (Serbia)
- 203 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 206 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 111 km
- Split (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $709 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Trail