- Our saving
- US $ 832
- Visit the historic Temple of Delphi
- Explore beautiful Belgrade
- Enjoy great food in Skopje
- Fall in love with Split
- Rather Poor
- TraceyWritten on August 27, 20185.0 - ExcellentWes is a fantastic guide - his knowledge of the Balkans, its culture, and history made tge tour even more enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
- TTraceyBoekelWritten on August 27, 20185.0 - ExcellentWes was a fantastic guide - his knowledge of the Balkans, its culture and its history helped make the tour even more enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
- SSaraWritten on August 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was my second tour with Busabout and it was excellent! Matei back in 2011 and Wes last year are the highlight of this experience! Their energy and passion is admirable and I would go again on tour because of the good time we had thanks to them. I like the fact that the facts and stories about the countries visited are never boring and that the accommodation is excellent, despite being in a hostel most of the time. It's amazing how Wes identified the couples, the party girls and so on, in the group and managed to put us in the most suitable rooms. We were a couple and feared the big party mixed dorm, but instead we were grouped with two other nice couples and we had an amazing quiet time. I can't recommend Wes and Busabout enough! Thank you. Sara and BastienShow detailed ratings
- AnnaWritten on August 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreat tour, amazing staff, wonderful passengers. Can't speak highly enough of it!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentWes made the tour! Legend of a bloke, understanding, witty, kind and intelligent, what more could you ask for?Show detailed ratings
- MMichaelPickernellWritten on August 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentCouldn’t fault our guide. His enthusiasm and experience with the bulkans was much appreciated from a first time travelerShow detailed ratings
- RaeesWritten on July 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentFanastic my first experience with group travel every thing is perfect looking forward to book tour again if i describe in one word its Awesome.Show detailed ratingsBusabout commented on this reviewAwesome.
- SRSAMUELWritten on July 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentIt was my first time on bus about but everything fell into place and we became a close-knit group of expectant travellers. Seb was exceptionally helpful and the driver alli was an amazing driver! My only problem was with the acccomodation at a couple of places which sadly fell below par - the narrow rooms at the ambassador at skopje and the cubicle-like capsule at split. The pub crawl also seemed a little dangerous as most times our bus mates were left alone without a guide at the pubs! Beyond this, all was well !Show detailed ratings
- AnneWritten on June 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentSuch fun. Will knows his stuff. Good group. Paul great fun driverShow detailed ratings
- FFranciWritten on June 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentIf you're thinking of exploring the Balkans, but wouldn't know where to start, this tour was ideal. Wes our guide informed us about each place before we arrived and gave us so much more of an historical insight than I'd expect, whilst making the trip really fun. You do spend a significant amount of time on the coach, but our driver Gabor made the trip so smooth and you see so much of the unspoilt countries that you wouldn't otherwise. Some of the highlights for me were the ancient Greek site of Delphi, Lake Ohrid and Sarajevo. I wasn't sure what to expect from a group trip but we all found things in common and the nature of the trip meant that whilst we enjoyed the local drinks and clubbing in Macenonia, most of us were also fairly interested in the culture and history and held back tears together as we took in the moving Gallery 11/07/95 museum in Sarajevo to commemorate the war crimes of the 90s, before stepping outside to soak up the peaceful vibes of the city today. Although there are group dinners most evening you have time to explore on your own too. - As an aside, most of the accommodation is in hotels rather than hostels which was a pleasant surprise and countries were more affordable than much of Western Europe (though slightly more in tourist places) and I caught a full ballet in Belgrade for the equivalent of 10 euros.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Athens to Delphi to Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki to Ohrid
- Ohrid to Skopje
- Skopje to Nis to Belgrade
- Belgrade to Sarajevo
- Sarajevo to Mostar to Split
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- 2017 - Welcome to Busabout
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Hi, We Are Busabout
- Busabout - Adventure Unlimited
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the itinerary of this tour?
This morning drive to Delphi where we have an amazing professional guide take us around the incredible site and museum of Delphi (Included in tour price). The sanctuary of Delphi, where the oracle of Apollo spoke, was the religious centre of the ancient Greek world.
You're probably starting to get excited by this point, because the destination tonight is not only the birthplace of Alexander the Great, it's also famous for some of the best food and night life that Greece has to offer.
Today we set off towards the charming town of Ohrid, set on a lake with beautiful monasteries scattered along the shore line. Spend the day exploring the Old Town before heading out in the evening to enjoy Macedonian hospitality and its affordable nightlife.
Today we have a short 3-hour morning drive to Skopje
What kind of accommodation is included in this tour?
Most of the time the accommodation is in multi-share hostels and hotels. Sometimes there is an option of upgrading it to twin-share but it is subject to availability.
What type of accommodation is being used on this tour?
Most of the time, the accommodation is made in multi-share hostels and hotels.
Guides who have led this tour
- "My true passion in life is meeting new people and travelling. That is why I have chosen a career in Travel..."
- "I'm Seb. I eat and drink everything, and you should too. How are you going to learn about the world if..."
- "I am just about the happiest little tour guide you could ever wish to meet. I love my job, every single..."
- "A Melbourne boy turned global citizen, with a passion for good views, breakfast foods, and life on the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marcia9th August 2018
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- FridayMay 24, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Split10+ seats left$17USD $832
- FridayJun 7, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Split10+ seats left$17USD $832
- FridayJun 14, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Split10+ seats left$17USD $832
- FridayJun 21, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Split10+ seats left$17USD $832
- FridayJun 28, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Split10+ seats left$17USD $832
- FridayJul 5, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Split10+ seats left$18USD $881
- FridayJul 12, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Split10+ seats left$18USD $881
- FridayJul 19, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayJul 27, 2019to Split10+ seats left$18USD $881
- FridayJul 26, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Split10+ seats left$18USD $881
- FridayAug 2, 2019from Athens9 DaysSaturdayAug 10, 2019to Split10+ seats left$18USD $881
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Bosnia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Athens is the starting point and Split is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Busabout to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $100 to confirm this Busabout booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 December 2018 the full payment of $832 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $832 for Balkan Trail, but the deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Busabout tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 121 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 243 km
- Thessaloniki (Greece)
- 187 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 110 km
- Skopje (Macedonia)
- 152 km
- Nis (Serbia)
- 203 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 206 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 111 km
- Split (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $832 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 24 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Trail