- Our saving
- US $ 546
- Age Range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Seek out the path less travelled
- Enjoy the awesome Greek scenic coast
- Travel through Albania and Montenegro
- Fall in love with the Balkans
- Rather Poor
- HilaWritten on October 10, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip destinations were great. Bus was comfortable, driver was competent. Please no accommodations with more than 3 people in a room. It's hectic! Rooming people based on survey questions would be great, too. I liked the tour guide. Wes Baimbridge, a lot. I understand that he picked up the tour last minute and didn't know much about the region off the top of his head. His research was a good attempt but I think he should address certain matters with more sensitivity, i.e. it's distasteful to continuously make a joke about Albania being a poor and underdeveloped country with brusque and aloof citizens. It would have been better to discuss why Albania had a more difficult time transitioning to a market economy than, say, Croatia. Nothing too dense or academic. I think it's important that people don't leave the tour dumber than they started. It's arguably better that no one knows anything about a country than to think it's just comically poor. Other than that, I saw that Wes took his job very seriously and was very meticulous about reservations, communication, making sure we were comfortable, etc. Thanks! Will do this again.Show detailed ratings
- PatoWritten on August 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentPoppy fue la mejor! Nos apoyo en todo el viaje y es una excelente guía! Hace de este tour una experiencia inolvidable!Show detailed ratings
- RRosieWritten on July 21, 20174.0 - GoodDid the busabout balkan highlights tour with Poppy, she was a ocean of knowledge through every country having answers to everyones questions. Shes bubbly and always positive an amazing guide allround!Show detailed ratings
- JjWritten on August 25, 20154.5 - ExcellentCarlos is the best guide and person u could imagineShow detailed ratings
- NicholasWritten on June 26, 20155.0 - ExcellentCarlos is a legend within Busabout for good reason; his tour was amazing. His passion and love for the Balkans was obvious. Rooms were as expected and were typical hostels/ hotels. Breakfasts seemed to vary depending on whether it was a hotel (had very robust European breakfast) to hostels (plain, simple breakfast). Really enjoyed all the sites we saw and the local knowledge provided by Carlos. He never steered us wrong. Bus was very new and clean. Angelico was a great driver! A few hostels did not have air conditioning, so be prepared for that if you travel during the summer. Also, bring a towel for the hostels and beach trips. The tour was totally worth the money. Will be returning for another Busabout tour soon!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Split to Dubrovnik to Kotor
- Kotor to Budva to Kotor
- Kotor to Tirana
- Tirana to Gjirokaster to Kalambaka (Meteora)
- Kalambaka (Meteora) to Thermopylae to Athens
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- 2017 - Welcome to Busabout
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Hi, We Are Busabout
- Busabout - Adventure Unlimited
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
What time does the tour start and end?
This trip usually departs from Split at 8.00am from the Design Hostel Goli. And it finishes after breakfast on the final day in Athens. The final confirmation of the meeting point will be sent to you after you book the tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "My true passion in life is meeting new people and travelling. That is why I have chosen a career in Travel..."
- "A Melbourne boy turned global citizen, with a passion for good views, breakfast foods, and life on the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lorenzo Luis20th May 2018
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Split7 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$123$669-18%USD $546
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Split7 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Athens0 seats left$27USD $642Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Split7 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$129$699-18%USD $570
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Split7 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$129$699-18%USD $570
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Split7 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$28USD $671
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Split7 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$28USD $671
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Split7 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$27USD $642
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Split7 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$27USD $642
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Split7 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$27USD $642
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroMontenegro and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Montenegro, Albania and Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Split is the starting point and Athens is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Busabout to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $100 to confirm this Busabout booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 July 2018 the full payment of $546 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $546 for Balkan Highlights, but the deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Busabout tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 61 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 149 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 142 km
- Gjirokastra (Albania)
- 128 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 9 km
- Kalambaka (Greece)
- 128 km
- Thermopylae (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $546 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Highlights