- Our saving
- US $ 665
- Seek out the path less travelled
- Enjoy the awesome Greek scenic coast
- Travel through Albania and Montenegro
- Fall in love with the Balkans
- Rather Poor
- CaitlynWritten on August 25, 20183.0 - AverageWe were using the tour to get from A to B but it was brilliant to be able to stop and enjoy Montenegro and Albania on our way. The accommodation and shared rooms was a little unexpected and I think more could have been done to ensure two people travelling together were roomed together, and that same sex dorms could have been arranged. The coach was comfortable and clean, our driver was phenomenal. Some of the rest stops were frustrating but I understand that’s part of European driving laws. The included breakfasts might as well have not existed and been removed so we didn’t have to pay for them - I think I ate one the whole time and was strongly put off by the rest of them. But Seb was always ready to give us recommendations and point us in the direction of a bakery or good restaurant. His knowledge about the region and the specific towns and countries we stayed in was amazing, very impressed. Seb wasn’t too overbearing as a tour guide which I liked, we had a lot of free time to ourselves and he didn’t force us into doing anything we might not have wanted to do.Show detailed ratings
- DDavidVellaWritten on August 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentAwesome tour! Some really unexpected gems. So diverse. Wes (guide) and Alan (driver) were the dream team!Show detailed ratings
- LLydiaWritten on August 12, 20184.0 - GoodWes was amazing! He went the extra mile to make sure we were satisfied and happy.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentAn incredible your. The guide and his enthusiasm made it fantastic.Show detailed ratings
- CChloeblckleyWritten on August 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentBest guide out thereShow detailed ratings
- HHannahSpaldingWritten on August 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentWes was the best guide ever! Can't wait to go on more Busabouts :)Show detailed ratings
- NatashaWritten on August 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentIn all honesty this tour would of not been as good if Wes wasn't our tour guide. Always full of energy ( too much actuallyShow detailed ratings
- KateWritten on August 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentAmazing way to view the Balkans! Wes and Alan were the best guide and driver ever! Highly recommended!Show detailed ratings
- JJuliaWritten on July 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentWill was a fab tour guide. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. I had a great time on this tour and can’t wait to go on anotherShow detailed ratings
- KMKristenWritten on July 26, 20184.5 - ExcellentJumped on this tour as a last minute thing and I'm so glad we did! Rowan was really entertaining and knowledgeable about every location and everything was well organised. The bus rides were long but they were still lots of fun due to our guides and the people we were travelling with. Would highly recomme lndShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Split to Dubrovnik to Kotor
- Kotor to Budva to Kotor
- Kotor to Tirana
- Tirana to Gjirokaster to Kalambaka (Meteora)
- Kalambaka (Meteora) to Thermopylae to Athens
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- 2017 - Welcome to Busabout
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Hi, We Are Busabout
- Busabout - Adventure Unlimited
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What time does the tour start and end?
This trip usually departs from Split at 8.00am from the Design Hostel Goli. And it finishes after breakfast on the final day in Athens. The final confirmation of the meeting point will be sent to you after you book the tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "My true passion in life is meeting new people and travelling. That is why I have chosen a career in Travel..."
- "I'm Seb. I eat and drink everything, and you should too. How are you going to learn about the world if..."
- "A Melbourne boy turned global citizen, with a passion for good views, breakfast foods, and life on the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ellen22nd July 2018
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayMay 24, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $665
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayJun 7, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $665
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $665
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayJun 21, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $665
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayJun 28, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $665
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayJul 5, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $665
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayJul 12, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $695
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayJul 19, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $695
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayJul 26, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $695
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Split7 DaysFridayAug 2, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$14USD $695
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroMontenegro and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Montenegro, Albania and Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Split is the starting point and Athens is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Busabout to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $100 to confirm this Busabout booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 December 2018 the full payment of $665 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $665 for Balkan Highlights, but the deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Busabout tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 61 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 149 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 142 km
- Gjirokastra (Albania)
- 128 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 9 km
- Kalambaka (Greece)
- 128 km
- Thermopylae (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $665 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 22 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Highlights