The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 08:10:53
- Our saving
- US $ 613
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Luc "This is a brand new tour launched with Topdeck. This is my second tour with the company and it continues to exceed my expectations. After my first tour, my expectations were high, but this tour was right up my ally. It was a huge plus to have a veteran tour guide who not only loves his job, but the Cairns region is his playground. Russell Wolman designed the itinerary for this tour and is going to..."
- +5 Destinations
- Great Barrier Reef
Start and end in Cairns! With the discovery tour Tropical Discovery, you have a 5 day tour package taking you through Cairns, Australia and 5 other destinations in Australia. Tropical Discovery includes accommodation in a hostel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Lodge, Motel
- Rather Poor
- RSRyanWritten on December 5, 20174.0 - GoodThis tour visits several destinations in northern Queensland near Cairns, but it is really about seeing and experiencing the ancient and beautiful rainforest! It was amazing to see the lush foliage, vines growing on top of vines on top of trees, many waterfalls, and a few unusual animals. Accommodations included hostels and a nice beach-side resort on the final night. The first two nights in Cape Tribulation we were literally at the end of the paved road sleeping in cabins underneath the rainforest with a short walk to a mostly deserted beach. About 3-5 hours will be spent on the bus most days, but there are breaks for meals, hikes, and photo ops. It's a large area and beautiful country, so enjoy the view from the bus without having to drive yourself. A couple days have ample time built it for optional activities, such as a half day reef snorkeling, whitewater rafting, and jungle ziplining. I'd highly recommend doing at least one of the activities, but the popular ones tend to be in the $100-$200 range, so budget accordingly. Geoff was our tour guide and one of the very best I have ever had. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about the rainforest, and filled our bus and hiking trips with stories and info about the local plants, animals, and culture. It's apparent that he puts a lot of effort into making the tour enjoyable and well organized. Great tour!Show detailed ratings
- ISIanWritten on December 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentCairns to Cairns “Tropical Discovery” - 5 Days Great tour and super memorable experiences, 5 days seeing the Daintree rainforest and surrounding areas was a lot of fun. The best part of this tour was easily the tour guide himself. Geoff Brown was enthusiastic and genuine for the whole trip. Most tour guides put on a facade at the start of the tour to get everybody excited but Geoff’s enthusiasm and passion carried for the whole tour. He was super knowledgeable and informed about nature and the areas all while maintaining everyone’s interest and accommodating everybody’s requests along the tour. The group as a whole agreed that if we had a tour guide other than Geoff, then we wouldn’t have had as good of a time. Geoff was part of the group and by far the best tour guide and part of the trip.Show detailed ratings
- JudeWritten on December 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentJust finished this tour yesterday and loved every minute of it!! The tour itself was well thought out and a great way to see all that was on offer. The overnight stop offs gave you plenty of time to experience each place and pack in an activity or two during the day. But what made this trip so great was our tour guide Geoff!! He was superb. It was obvious how passionate he was about all the places we visited and his enthusiasm was infectious. His extensive knowledge and fact filled tours were always interesting and he made us all want to participate in everything we could. Best tour guide ever!!! Highly reccomend this tour! It's a must do for anyone who wants to visit any of the places on the itinerary.Show detailed ratings
- EmmaWritten on October 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing tour! I did this back in January 2017 and forgot to review. Russell who is the guide (and also planned the itinerary for Topdeck) has a huge wealth of knowledge for this part of the world . He is like a walking encyclopaedia! Im so glad I didn't do one of the one day tours of this area as there is so much more to it than you can get in a day .. we were a small group of 5 and were best buddies by the end of the week ! Do this tour!Show detailed ratings
- RDRebeccaWritten on September 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was wonderful. Our guide was great and I made some amazing friends and went on some amazing adventures!Show detailed ratings
- LucWritten on February 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis is a brand new tour launched with Topdeck. This is my second tour with the company and it continues to exceed my expectations. After my first tour, my expectations were high, but this tour was right up my ally. It was a huge plus to have a veteran tour guide who not only loves his job, but the Cairns region is his playground. Russell Wolman designed the itinerary for this tour and is going to be running it for the next while. If you are looking for a true experience of the Cairns region, really get in touch with nature, learn about what Daintree is, THIS is the tour to go on. What is only 5 days easily felt like 2 or 3 weeks worth of activities and exploration. In terms of value for your money, you won't be able to get an effective tour leader with his enthusiasm, transportation, and accommodation for this price from any other company in this region. Being on such a new tour and with a small passenger list, we were able to see and experience so much more when it came to hiking through trails, scaling mountains, seeing incredible waterfalls, and tapping into the gems of the region that is not covered in your typical tour. Tropical Discovery is one of those tours everyone should go on. Nothing short of FANTASTIC!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairns to Cape Tribulation
- Day 2: Cape Tribulation
- Day 3: Cape Tribulation to Atherton Tablelands
- Day 4: Atherton Tablelands to Mission Beach
- Day 5: Mission Beach to Cairns
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Australia: See Australia with Topdeck
- Ultimate Australian Adventure - Topdeck Travel
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
- MondayAug 6, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
- MondaySep 3, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
- MondayOct 1, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
- MondayOct 29, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
- MondayNov 19, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
- MondayNov 26, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridayNov 30, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
- MondayDec 3, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridayDec 7, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
- MondayDec 17, 2018from Cairns5 DaysFridayDec 21, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$26USD $613Based on Multi-Share
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Cairns.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 July 2018 the full payment of $613 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $613 for Tropical Discovery, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 461 km.
- Cairns (Australia)
- 89 km
- Daintree (Australia)
- 33 km
- Cape Tribulation (Australia)
- 43 km
- Mossman Gorge (Australia)
- 90 km
- Atherton (Australia)
- 95 km
- Mission Beach (Australia)
- 111 km
- Cairns (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $613 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 828 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Tropical Discovery