Country Roads of Southern Italy & Sicily (2020)
- Our saving
- US $ 3,686
- Stroll and discover hidden wonders of Ancient Rome
- Admire the rainbow-coloured views of perfect Positano
- Bask in the masterpiece that is the Sistine Chapel
- Walk the fortified ridge of the Valley of the Temples
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Insight Vacations
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome.
- Day 2: Rome with the Locals.
- Day 3: VIP Vatican, St. Peters Basilica and on to Sorrento.
- Day 4: Exploring Capri, the Isle of Dreams.
- Day 5: Pompeii, Matera and Alberobello.
- Day 6: The Trulli of Alberobello.
- Day 7: Alberobello at Leisure.
- Day 8: Journey South to Maratea.
- Day 9: To Sicily and the Taormina Riviera.
- Day 10: Free time on the Taormina Riviera.
- Day 11: The dawn coast of Europe.
- Day 12: Agrigento, the Valley of the Temples and on to Palermo.
- Day 13: Palermo and the Golden Age of the Normans.
- Day 14: Depart Palermo.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- AAnnaTorchiaWritten on October 20, 20193.5 - Good
We booked this trip with very high intentions as this was not cheap, With the exception of two hotels included in the thirteen day trip only two really came close to a five star rating. I have travelled quite a bit through Italy and it boggles the mind as... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing your feedback, we are truly disappointed to hear that your experience with Insight Vacations on the Country Roads of Southern Italy and Sicily did not meet the standards you had perhaps hoped for. We will be sure to review your comments with our team to see where possible improvements could be made to better the overall quality of our services. Moreover, we hope to have the opportunity to restore your full faith in our guided holidays in the near future.
- MMarieWritten on May 4, 20195.0 - Excellent
I had some additional holiday time and would be travelling solo, and decided to choose Insight Vacations to explore Italy. This stunning journey visits some truly must-see southern Italian sights, such as Rome, Sorrento, Pompeii, Capri, Matera, Alberobello,... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewIt is with great delight to learn about what an amazing time you had on your first Insight Vacations trip. Also, we are extremely proud of our Travel Directors and how much effort they put into making your time on the road as relaxing and seamless as possible. That being said, we are overjoyed to have been given the opportunity to host you and we definitely look forward to discovering more great destinations with you soon.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- #InsightMoments - The Best Gelato Ever
- Discover Italy with Insight Vacations
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
- TourRadar presents The Sorrento Peninsula
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Sara Tuppen Veloso
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- The Magic of an Insight Experience
- The Art of Traveling in Style
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Raina7th March 2019
Country Roads of Southern Italy & Sicily (2020)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayApr 18, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayMay 1, 2020to Palermo8 seats left$410$4,095-10%USD $3,686Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 25, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayMay 8, 2020to Palermo7 seats left$410$4,095-10%USD $3,686Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 2, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayMay 15, 2020to Palermo8 seats left$415$4,150-10%USD $3,735Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayMay 22, 2020to Palermo10+ seats left$415$4,150-10%USD $3,735Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 16, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayMay 29, 2020to Palermo0 seats leftUSD $4,150Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMay 23, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayJun 5, 2020to Palermo9 seats left$415$4,150-10%USD $3,735Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 30, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayJun 12, 2020to Palermo10+ seats left$415$4,150-10%USD $3,735Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJun 13, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayJun 26, 2020to Palermo10+ seats left$415$4,150-10%USD $3,735Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJun 27, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayJul 10, 2020to Palermo9 seats left$423$4,225-10%USD $3,803Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJul 11, 2020from Rome14 DaysFridayJul 24, 2020to Palermo10+ seats left$413$4,125-10%USD $3,713Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Rome is the starting point and Palermo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 24 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 24 January 2020, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Insight Vacations. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Insight Vacations. Please familiarise yourself with the Insight Vacations payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Rome (Italy)
- 210 km
- Pompeii (Italy)
- 16 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 15 km
- Capri (Italy)
- 15 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 188 km
- Matera (Italy)
- 55 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 156 km
- Maratea (Italy)
- 242 km
- Taormina (Italy)
- 162 km
- Agrigento (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,686 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,522 tours in Europe
- covered by 531 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Country Roads of Southern Italy & Sicily (2020)