Britain and Ireland Explorer (16 Days)
Rachel "I expected a budget tour but got much more! The hotels were of a good standard and included modern as well as older style country properties which were more basic but had great character. Hotel locations on this tour are not based in the primary town centre and therefore you must make the most of your free time when you are in town. The coach is very comfortable and it needs to be, you spend quit..."
Start and end in London! With the in-depth cultural tour Britain and Ireland Explorer (16 Days), you have a 16 day tour package taking you through London, England and 22 other destinations in Europe. Britain and Ireland Explorer (16 Days) includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- BDBonnieWritten on September 26, 20184.0 - GoodVery busy Some meals - Cardiff hotel were terribleShow detailed ratings
- WBWilliamWritten on September 9, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour was great. The bus was pretty cramped but always exceptionally clean and the driver was awesome. The itinery was a bit much. I would have preferred spending a bit longer at certain destinations and skipping others. Quite often, we would arrive in a town such as Windsor and have only 90 minutes before having to leave. Skip GretnaGreen, it was a total tourist trap. The short bonus stops were great, however, we arrived to our hotels latefor dinner almost every day. A little time to unwind and perhaps change before dinner would be nice. Our tour guide was really nice and very knowledgeable. She had a wonderful sense of humor and was very patient and responsive to comments.Show detailed ratings
- LJLeightonWritten on August 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentWell, we had a great time, met lots of nice travelling companions, went the lenght and breadth of the British isles. Even though we didnt spend as much time as we would of have liked in some of the towns we on a whole found it great. Our tour director, John Barleyman, was an excellent host and a very knowledgeable one at that, filled us up with all sorts of info, was like a history tour of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Still shaking my head with all the facts, figures and who was who in the zoo 500 years ago. Our bus driver Kevin was dam amazing, getting around all those narrow streets, sharp corners, narrow bridges without even blinking an eye, mind a couple of times I reckon he would of had them shut. Could turn a 40ft bus on a sixpence. All in all, had a great time, went to great places and would have been more had we driven ourselves around and most of all had great travelling companions.Show detailed ratings
- JoyWritten on July 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis was a budget tour and it gave far more than I could have imagined. The itinerary was extensive covering most of the highlights - not Stonehenge though. The accommodation and meals were good. Some optional activities such as castles, walks etc could be included in the tour as a whole instead of being given as optional. Stephen Morris, our guide has an astounding knowledge of the places we visited. His little extras were interesting and gave breaks on the days of travel. Richard, out coach driver was competent, considerate and supportive. Stephen and Richard worked as a well-oiled team. I would recommend this trip. It was as comprehensive and inclusive as a high-tier tour I did in EuropeShow detailed ratings
- WDWilliamWritten on June 29, 20184.0 - GoodSteve Morris and the driver were excellent.Show detailed ratings
- DBDarleneWritten on July 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe LOVED our Costsaver Trafalgar tour of U.K. and Ireland. It was an amazing educational fun vacation. Our tour director was fabulous, he was very knowledgeable and entertaining and ready to help assist us with what ever we needed. Our driver was very personable and we always felt safe and cared for. I really wanted to see Ireland and enjoyed it immensely but was surprised that I loved Scotland even more. The tour opened my eyes to the history and beauty of this country. Our accommodations were great because it was a wide variety of hotels and restaurants. We also took advantage of the extra excursions and visited some special treasures. Many friends warned us not to take a tour to do it on our own but we loved the tour, the bus, the people, the driver and the schedule. I was traveling with my daughter and dear friend and her daughter and mother, we were three generations from age 84 to 20 and the tour pleased all of us! We planning our next Trafalgar trip as soon as possible.Show detailed ratings
- RWRachelWritten on July 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentI expected a budget tour but got much more! The hotels were of a good standard and included modern as well as older style country properties which were more basic but had great character. Hotel locations on this tour are not based in the primary town centre and therefore you must make the most of your free time when you are in town. The coach is very comfortable and it needs to be, you spend quite a bit of time driving. Be prepared for early starts and some long days..... well worth it though! I loved that my luggage was taken care of every day, taken to the bus and dropped off at my room. The itinerary is great and I had a very knowledgeable tour directed who helped us all understand the history of each location and as well as the best use of free time. It was a very enjoyable tour overall.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London – Stratford-upon-Avon – Bradford
- Day 2: Bradford – York – Near Edinburgh (Airth) (2 Nights)
- Day 3: Edinburgh Sightseeing and Free Time
- Day 4: Edinburgh – St. Andrews – Scottish Highlands (2 Nights)
- Day 5: Scottish Highlands Excursion
- Day 6: Scottish Highlands – Glasgow
- Day 7: Glasgow – Gretna Green – Lake District – Haydock (Near Liverpool)
- Day 8: Haydock (near Liverpool) – Chester – Dublin (2 Nights)
- Day 9: Dublin Sightseeing and Free Time
- Day 10: Dublin – Boyle – Donegal (2 Nights)
- Day 11: County Donegal Excursion
- Day 12: Donegal – Galway – Cliffs of Moher – Tipperary
- Day 13: Tipperary – Dingle Peninsula – Tralee
- Day 14: Tralee – Blarney – Waterford
- Day 15: Waterford – Cardiff
- Day 16: Cardiff – Bath – Windsor – London
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ann10th August 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Wales
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request CostSaver to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this CostSaver booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 December 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Britain and Ireland Explorer (16 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for CostSaver tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,624 km.
- London (England)
- 133 km
- Stratford-upon-Avon (England)
- 178 km
- Bradford (England)
- 48 km
- York (England)
- 259 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
- 122 km
- Gretna Green (Scotland)
- 57 km
- Lake District National Park (England)
- 116 km
- Haydock (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,383 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Britain and Ireland Explorer (16 Days)