- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Day 1: Arusha
- Day 2: Arusha National Park
- Day 3: Longido
- Day 4: Lake Natron & Ol Doinyo Lengai
- Day 5: Lake Natron
- Day 6: Wasso
- Day 7: Serengeti
- Day 8: Serengeti
- Day 9: Ngorongoro Crater
- Day 10: Rift Valley escarpment
- Day 11: Rift Valley & Lake Manyara
- Day 12: Lake Manyara/Arusha
- Day 13: Arusha
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Intrepid Travel
Back in 1989, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They travelled to Africa and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch of aviator sunglasses, and some friends. On that trip, they came up with the idea that perhaps others may be interested in this style of travel too. Just like that, Intrepid was born. Intrepid has come a long way since then, now giving over 100,000 travelers a year the opportunity to experience small group travel across all 7 continents. They use local transport, sleep in local accommodation from Cambodian stilt houses to Moroccan riads, and employ 100% local leaders. With three different travel styles including basix, original and comfort, themes ranging from cycling trips to family holidays, and itineraries crafted with the perfect balance of must-see sights and free time, Intrepid caters to every type of traveller no matter their age, budget or travel style. The company has grown but their mission remains the same: to change the way people see the world through sustainable, experience-rich travelRead more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- ItineraryRather poor
- GuideRather poor
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- Nika· March 15th, 2020Unfortunately, although the Team was very friendly and helpful, the overall trip was far below expectations. Although the bikes and the truck were working and not too old, all the equipment badly needed maintenance and repair. The group was losing... Show moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Nika, thank you so much for providing your feedback. We will pass this on to the team.Trip date: January 2020
- AChristine W· September 18th, 2019good number of group size with 8 people. glad, it wasn't fully booked. definetely lucky, as group members matched so well. lots of fun, good atmosphere, an amazing time spent together.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ABrock M· September 18th, 2019The trip was well organised and ran very smoothly. It had a great mix of activities, adventurous/active, safari and cultural. Obviously we are tourists, but I feel like the tour is run in a way that helps us to to see more of the 'real Tanzania' than we... Show moreTrip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AAyesha B· September 18th, 2019Our guide Justaz and his assistant Amos were amazing: they went the extra mile to ensure we had a rewarding experience, including asking for feedback throughout. Wycliffe, our cook, was wonderful, his food was extremely varied, nutritional, tasty and... Show moreTrip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AMitchell C· September 18th, 2019Very awesome trip with many great social, cultural and adventurous opportunities. Well recommended for all ages and a very good learning experience for all especially from the ages 18 to 25. I am aged 2 and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. After the trip I... Show moreTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AMichele G· September 18th, 2019It was areally good team they had working for them, very knowledgeable and informative especially Justaz talking about the lifestyle and we met lots of people.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AMichael C· September 18th, 2019In regards to the overall trip experience score, I felt my expectations were exceeded.I want to have a physical adventure while experiencing an Africa that most normally don't see.In regards to the recommendation, I don't think others I know would enjoy... Show moreTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AMark W· September 18th, 2019The variety of activities were very well planned.There was always something new and different to see or do each day.You were never pressured into doing anything you didn't want to.Justaz (Lefty) was very professional, and always very supportive with... Show moreTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ALynley P· September 18th, 2019I generally do not recommend because travel is a personal thing but the trip was very good so 7 is an excellent scoreTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AKim C· September 18th, 2019The trip was well organised with a great leader and team of people. They collaborated well together as a team to make the experience a great one for us. Nothing was too much effort for them. As I work as a team leader in a very busy collaborative... Show moreTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- -20%Get Instant ConfirmationSunday11 Jun, 2023Friday23 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,760$3,808Only Pay $99 Deposit
- -20%Get Instant ConfirmationSunday27 Aug, 2023Friday8 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,950$3,9600% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday10 Sep, 2023Friday22 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,9500% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday24 Sep, 2023Friday6 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,8500% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday8 Oct, 2023Friday20 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,7600% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday10 Dec, 2023Friday22 Dec, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,7600% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday14 Jan, 2024Friday26 Jan, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,1300% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday4 Feb, 2024Friday16 Feb, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,1300% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday9 Jun, 2024Friday21 Jun, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,1300% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday23 Jun, 2024Friday5 Jul, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,1300% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Tanzanian ShillingTanzania
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types D, M, G. As a traveller from England you will need an adaptor for types D, M. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for type G.
- Type DTanzania
- Type MTanzania
- Type GTanzania
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Meningococcal meningitis - Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 3 weeks before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 23rd, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 23rd, 2023, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Intrepid Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Intrepid Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Tanzania
- Tanzania Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Mt Kilimanjaro Northern Circuit Route (with Reviews)
- 10 Best Cycling Tour Companies 2023/2024
- 10 Amazing Private Bicycle Tours 2023/2024
- 10 Best Cycling Trips 2023/2024
- Tanzania from Arusha
- Tanzania Bicycle
- Small group tour
- 13 days Tanzania
- Operators in Africa
- Cycle Tanzania Tours in Tanzania
- Bicycle Tours
- Northern Circuit Tanzania Tours
- Tanzania Tours
- Africa Tours
- Bicycle Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Wildlife Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Northern Circuit Tanzania
- Tanzania tours