Ultimate Balkan Adventure (Split to Split)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,060
- Age Range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Enjoy the scenic Croatian coast
- Discover Albania's beautiful countryside
- Explore ancient Greek wonders
- Experience Belgrade’s great atmosphere
- Rather Poor
- AAmyWritten on September 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentGreat trip, though would be better off as a 21 day trip allowing more time in a few amazing places.Show detailed ratings
- Ssqualltemus@yahoo.comWritten on August 3, 20174.0 - GoodPoppy is an awesome knowledgeable tour leader!!! She does her best not only to educate us but also go the extra mile to entertain us. Cheers! I hope and wish that Poppy would be my Tour Leader in case I booked another tour with Busabout. Cheers!Show detailed ratings
- NLNathalieWritten on July 22, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe 15 day Balkans tour with Poppy was great! Got to experience so many amazing things, like swimming in Lake Orhid. Poppy was a brilliant guide and I'm happy to now call her a friend. She made sure everyone felt welcome and was having a great time. If issues came up with our hotel/hostel or anything else, she handled it calmly and professionally. I would take any tour with Poppy, confident it would be well organized and a great time.Show detailed ratings
- AAmyWritten on July 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentPoppy was a fantastic guide - I've done a lot of group travel with different companies and found Poppy to be engaging, knowledgable and with a natural ability to build rapport and understand the needs and interests of the travelers in front of her rather than sticking to a script. Poppy delivered historical and cultural info in a warm, accessible way whenever we arrived at a new destination and was consistently optimistic and professional even in the face of minor challenges (like lengthy border crossings). I observed her being patient with the more high maintenance travelers in our group, and she bantered easily with the more relaxed travelers. As a young solo female traveler, I highly recommend both the tour (Ultimate Balkan) and Poppy herself.Show detailed ratings
- ASAriadneWritten on July 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentDuring the Ultimate Balkans Trail Poppy was an outstanding tour guide who knew everything about the countries and cities we visited and was dedicated to making sure we had the best experiences of our lives. I'm sure that the amazing time I had on this tour is largely thanks to her - she always went out of her way to chat to you about the meals and the different activities never making you feel like she was rushing you to get to the next person. Thanks Poppy for a wonderful experience in the Balkans and I hope that the next time I do a tour I get a guide as weird and wonderful as you :)Show detailed ratings
- HEHar-elWritten on July 21, 20174.0 - GoodPoppy was my guide on the Ultimate Balkan tour from June 17-July 1; from Split-Athens-Split. The first half (Balkan Highlights) made it to Athens via Kotor, Tirana and Kalampaka (Meteora); the second half (Balkan Trail) made it back to Split via Thessaloniki, Ohrid, Skopje, Belgrade and Sarajevo. The combined trip itself was great overall, with exciting attractions, social outings and good accommodations all the way through. My enjoyment of the trip had a lot to do with Poppy's guidance and knowledge of all the pertinent info everyone needed in orser to get properly oriented. Poppy presented herself very enthusiastically and that translated well to her duties and conversations. With regards to the accommodations themselves, all but one of our stays were in hotels (save for Athens) relatively close to their respective city centres and equidistant (or better) to nightlife and other attractions. Money tends to travel further in the Balkans compared to the rest of Europe (especially in Albania, Macedonia and Bosnia & Herzegovina). It however is a gripe to carry/change so many currencies in a row on the trip (Kuna, Euro, Lek, Macedonian and Serbian Dinars, and the Bosnian Convertible Mark). I'll likely have the same issue if I embark on another big adventure with Busabout or any other tour company within the next few years. Both of our bus drivers were very good; one was a lot more social than the other. Overall I would recommend this tour to those who are looking for good value, a decent duration and plenty of nightlife/attractions in between.Show detailed ratings
- AGAndreaWritten on July 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentShe was lovey and she rally went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable. She also helped me experience traditional food even though I have dietary restrictions. Overall she was a brilliant tour guide and she made the trip amazing.Show detailed ratings
- AUAhmedWritten on July 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentWonderful tour - 14 nights and action-packed days touring 7 countries, visiting 18 locations, making new friends, and learning about different cultures. Our guide, Poppy is very competent, cheerful, knowledgeable, and a wonderful person. Within a few days we were all bonding and becoming a cohesive group - caring for each other, sharing, and enjoying the family atmosphere. The walking tours in Orhid, Skopje, Thessalonoki, Belgrade, and Sarajevo, visits to monasteries and Oracle of Delphi, and bar crawls in Kotor and Belgrade are truly memorable. Great value for the substantial quantity of sightseeing and the invaluable quality of companionship and excellent guidance by Poppy.Show detailed ratings
- VSValerieWritten on July 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis was a wonderful experience. We visited so many different places that I would have never imagined visiting in my life. Our guide was fantastic and personable; our travel group was sweet and cohesive. I definitely enjoyed this experience.Show detailed ratings
- DonnaWritten on August 29, 20155.0 - ExcellentThis tour was so much fun. Carlos had some great suggestions for my travels after the tour ended.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Split to Dubrovnik to Kotor
- Kotor to Budva to Kotor
- Kotor to Tirana
- Tirana to Gjirokaster to Kalambaka (Meteora)
- Kalambaka (Meteora) to Thermopylae to Athens
- Athens to Delphi to Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki to Ohrid
- Ohrid to Skopje
- Skopje to Nis to Belgrade
- Belgrade to Sarajevo
- Sarajevo to Mostar to Split
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- 2017 - Welcome to Busabout
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Hi, We Are Busabout
- Busabout - Adventure Unlimited
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
How do I filter the results?
You can filter your options based on when you are looking to go, what age range you are seeking, what travel style you would like (for example a festival or nature tour). These options and more, can be located to the left-hand-side of your screen when you click the above link.
- January 1, 2017
What is the recommended hostel on this tour?
DESIGN HOSTEL GOLI&BOSI -Morpurgova Poljana 2, Split, Croatia. They only have a private room available for 3 people.
Please note that this is a hostel and not a hotel. You are able to book your own accommodation for the 2 nights prior to your tour.
- January 1, 2017
Is this tour common for older travellers?
Just to let you know, this style of tour is very popular with the younger generation and backpackers.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "My true passion in life is meeting new people and travelling. That is why I have chosen a career in Travel..."
- "A Melbourne boy turned global citizen, with a passion for good views, breakfast foods, and life on the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
Ultimate Balkan Adventure (Split to Split)
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Split10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $239$1,299-18%USD $1,060
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Split10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $239$1,299-18%USD $1,060
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Split4 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $52USD $1,247
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to Split10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $254$1,379-18%USD $1,125
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Split10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $254$1,379-18%USD $1,125
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdayAug 18, 2018to Split10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $55USD $1,324
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Split10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $55USD $1,324
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Split10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $52USD $1,247
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Split10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $52USD $1,247
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Split15 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Split10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $52USD $1,247
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroMontenegro and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Bosnia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Bosnia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Split.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Busabout to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $100 to confirm this Busabout booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 July 2018 the full payment of $1,060 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1060 for Ultimate Balkan Adventure (Split to Split), but the deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Busabout tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 61 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 149 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 228 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 137 km
- Thermopylae (Greece)
- 137 km
- Athens (Greece)
- 121 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 243 km
- Thessaloniki (Greece)
- 197 km
- Skopje (Macedonia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,060 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Balkan Adventure (Split to Split)