Ultimate Balkan (departing Split)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,347
- Scale the Old Town walls of Dubrovnik.
- Watch the sunset from St. John’s Fortress, Kotor.
- Soak up Belgrade’s quirky party atmosphere.
- Explore Ohrid’s picturesque alleyways.
- Be immersed in the unique culture of Sarajevo.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Split to Dubrovnik to Kotor
Start point Goli and Bosi Hostel, Split, Splitsko-dalmatinska županija, Croatia
- Kotor to Budva to Kotor
- Kotor to Tirana
- Tirana to Gjirokaster to Kalambaka (Meteora)
- Kalambaka (Meteora) to Thermopylae to Athens
- Athens to Delphi to Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki to Ohrid
- Ohrid to Skopje
- Skopje to Nis to Belgrade
- Belgrade to Sarajevo
- Sarajevo to Mostar to Split
End point Goli and Bosi Hostel, Split, Splitsko-dalmatinska županija, Croatia
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- CPChloeWritten on September 7, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Gabby was all round fantastic!
- RichardWritten on September 7, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I am in absolute awe of Gaby and her ability to lead a tour of this magnitude. Her passion for and interest in the huge variety of places we visited was clear throughout, and this translated into a very enriching travel experience. This is a very intense... Read more
- AAdelaWritten on September 5, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Sammy was a great guide and very insightful! I had a great time :)
- BBrookeClynchWritten on September 2, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Sammy is an amazing guide. She knows so much about the area and answered any questions anyone had. She always gave us amazing ideas on what to do and where to go with our free time. I had an amazing time.
- JJuliaAllenWritten on August 24, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My friends and I all did this tour and it was the best part of our trip !!
- NNicholasLitchfieldWritten on August 18, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I love Gigi! She's the best tour guide I've ever had. Been on contiki tours and sail croatias, but she's been the best. So much fun and so much knowledge, best guide I've ever had.
- DDolbyMathewWritten on August 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Absolute gem of a person! Great soul, best tour guide I’ve ever had . Everything was great! Would deffo recommend! . Gonna miss the fam bam #busaboutforlife
- JJoshWritten on August 17, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
An incredible insight into the rustic Balkan region. Intriguing historic insight, enlightening orientation walks of each city and sublime local knowledge provided by Gigi were the highlight experiences with Kotor and Lake Ohrid the highlight destinations.
- DDanaPendrickWritten on August 10, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Mel’s enthusiasm and bubbly character were great from start to finish and even after the tour. She was fair with everyone and provided plenty of information regarding meeting times so it was clear. She engaged the group with detailed history and facts about... Read more
- AAlexandraSvendsenWritten on August 9, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Had a great time, Gigi was a great guide! She was super helpful with tips and had good stories about every place we went to
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How large are the tour groups?
Busabout is a very popular youth operator who tends to fill buses of up to 28 people. Therefore you should expect to see an average group size of about 16 people.
What is the age range?
Busabout's trips are geared towards young independent backpackers, and generally attract an age range of around 18 - 30. This is just a guide, however, and there are no upper age limits for this tour. As long as you share their spirit of travel you’ll be fine!
What are the typical breakfasts?
Breakfasts on this tour are usually buffet style in order to cater for different dietary requirements. This means that there are plenty of continental options available if you wish to try them.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Hi, We're Busabout!
- Ultimate Balkan Adventure
Guides who have led this tour
- "William first started his love affair with travel at the age of 11, when his father led him on a trek..."
- "Typical Aussie living in Europe loving life on the road. "
- "New Zealand native turned global citizen, with a penchant for diving into the sea, meandering around..."
- "My true passion in life is meeting new people and travelling. That is why I have chosen a career in Travel..."
- "Just your typical Aussie gal, helping others enjoy the world. 'If you never travel, you won't move far..."
- "Just your average story - girl from Australia has serious case of bugs. Not bed bugs (thank god), the..."
- "Just your average 25-year-old Aussie gal trying to escape reality. I am forever on the search for the..."
- "I'm Fun, Flirty and not yet Thirty! My names Saraih and I'm 25 currently touring the Adriatic Seas in..."
- "Hey guys, just your average australian tour guiding around Europe with Busabout! I am forever searching..."
- "Australian, Based in Belfast in the Winter, Guiding throughout Croatia and the wildness that is the Balkan’s..."
- "As Roy Bennett said, you never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone and for me travel..."
- "A country gal with a lot of love and passion for people, life and places! I knew from a very young age..."
- "A Melbourne boy turned global citizen, with a passion for good views, breakfast foods, and life on the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marylin23rd September 2019
Ultimate Balkan (departing Split)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdayMay 23, 2020to Split10+ seats left$42USD $1,347
- SaturdayMay 23, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdayJun 6, 2020to Split10+ seats left$42USD $1,347
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdayJun 20, 2020to Split10+ seats left$42USD $1,347
- SaturdayJun 20, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdayJul 4, 2020to Split10+ seats left$42USD $1,347
- SaturdayJul 4, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdayJul 18, 2020to Split10+ seats left$44USD $1,415
- SaturdayJul 18, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdayAug 1, 2020to Split10+ seats left$44USD $1,415
- SaturdayAug 1, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdayAug 15, 2020to Split10+ seats left$44USD $1,415
- SaturdayAug 15, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdayAug 29, 2020to Split10+ seats left$44USD $1,415
- SaturdayAug 29, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdaySep 12, 2020to Split10+ seats left$44USD $1,415
- SaturdaySep 12, 2020from Split15 DaysSaturdaySep 26, 2020to Split10+ seats left$42USD $1,347
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroMontenegro and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Bosnia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Bosnia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Split.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Busabout to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 4 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 4 December 2019, a minimum payment of $100 is required to confirm your booking with Busabout. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Busabout. Please familiarise yourself with the Busabout payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Busabout tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 61 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 149 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 142 km
- Gjirokaster (Albania)
- 134 km
- Kalambaka (Greece)
- 9 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 137 km
- Thermopylae (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,347 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,188 tours in Europe
- covered by 523 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 63 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Balkan (departing Split)