Nakasendo Self-guided Walking 5 Days (from Kyoto to Tokyo)
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 30 May 2018
- US $ 1,355
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Kyoto and end in Tokyo! With the self-guided tour Nakasendo Self-guided Walking 5 Days (from Kyoto to Tokyo), you have a 5 day tour package taking you from Kyoto to Tokyo and through Kyoto, Japan and 11 other destinations in Japan. Nakasendo Self-guided Walking 5 Days (from Kyoto to Tokyo) is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as meals, transport.
- Age range
- 12 to 78 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- GEGeraldWritten on April 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe loved the Ryokans and Minshukus. It is the first time we had stayed in such facilities and fell in love with the generous hosts, delicious meals, and simple but comfortable rooms.Show detailed ratingsOku Japan commented on this reviewDear Gerald, We are delighted to know you had such an enjoyable trip and wonderful time at the Japanese Inns. Thank you again for joining our tour and we look forward to arranging your next adventure in Japan. David from Oku Japan
- RSRobertWritten on October 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe were extremely happy with the organisation of our tour. The maps, the directions were perfect. Our accommodation experience was really great.Show detailed ratingsOku Japan commented on this reviewDear Robert, Thank you so much for your kind words and for being such wonderful guests to have join our trip - it was an absolute pleasure working on your booking. We are happy you enjoyed your experience on the Nakasendo trail. Please let us know if there is anything further we can assist with. Thank you again for joining our tour. Kind regards, Oku Japan Jacopo
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- In feudal times people travelling between Kyoto and Tokyo would use the Nakasendo Way the road through the central mountains one of a network of ancient highways. Along the route travellers rested at Juku - post towns -and it is still possible to walk t
- Day 1 Hike from Magome to Tsumago
- Day 2 Hike from Tsumago to Nojiri
- Day 3 Hike from Yabuhara to Narai
- Day 4 Hike from Narai to Kiso-Hirasawa
- Day 5 Hike from Karuizawa to Yokokawa and transfer to Tokyo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Nakasendo Self-guided Walking 5 Days (from Kyoto to Tokyo)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFT PRICE
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysSundayJun 3, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysMondayJun 4, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysWednesdayJun 6, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Kyoto5 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats leftUSD $1,355
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Kyoto is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Oku Japan booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $1,355 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1355 for Nakasendo Self-guided Walking 5 Days (from Kyoto to Tokyo), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Oku Japan will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Oku Japan tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 449 km.
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 167 km
- Nakatsugawa (Japan)
- 6 km
- Magome (Japan)
- 6 km
- Tsumago (Japan)
- 11 km
- Nojiri (Japan)
- 36 km
- Narai (Japan)
- 2 km
- Kiso-Hirasawa (Japan)
- 31 km
- Matsumoto (Japan)
- 61 km
- Karuizawa (Japan)
- 9 km
- Yokokawa (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,355 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,567 tours in Asia
- covered by 193 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Nakasendo Self-guided Walking 5 Days (from Kyoto to Tokyo) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Nakasendo Self-guided Walking 5 Days (from Kyoto to Tokyo)