Land of Fire
- US $ 4,640
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Rather Poor
- SSSuzanneWritten on October 28, 20174.0 - GoodWe experienced wonderful sites and tastes. The variety of geographies and culture was amazing. I had previously gone on another two week tour of different parts of Japan so I have only one comparison. This one had more unique events; for example the traditional dances in Takachibo. We also had less free time to explore our surroundings than I had wished. The primary reason for my rating the food low was that Before enrolling in the tour, I had asked if vegetarian fare was possible, and was assured it would be available. However at each inn, whether family run or hotel, meals without fish or meat were rarely provided.This situation prevailed in spite of the guide some times explicitly asking for non-meat meals. One problem is that vegetarianism is not common in Japan, and fish is not considered meat. Even in those instances where we spent more than one day at a locale, my request for no fish or meat was not met. I was sorry because so much fish got wasted as it was served to me but I didn’t consume it. One Further piece of feedback is that there was a lower level of activity than expected. I had assumed we would be doing more hiking and exploring of regions than we did. I would not consider this an active tour.Show detailed ratingsOku Japan commented on this reviewDear Suzanne - we are delighted you enjoyed most aspects of the Land of Fire tour. I'm sorry you were served much more fish than you liked. We requested meals without meat for you (and mentioned this when we sent you the final tour itinerary); we would happily have requested meals without fish or meat instead. We fully appreciate that you explained on booking that you eat fish only 'on occasion', but we did wish you to have as many dining choices as possible in line with your request. We know that typhoon damage on one of the trails on Yakushima island curtailed some of the regular walking - weather conditions are beyond our control but we recognise this was frustrating. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to a different part of Japan in the future. Jeremy from Oku Japan
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Meet in Kyoto
- Day 2: Sightseeing in Kyoto
- Day 3: Asuka & ferry through the Inland Sea
- Day 4: Beppu & Kurokawa Hot Spring
- Day 5: Mount Aso & Takachiho
- Day 6: Takachiho gorge and Yokagura dances
- Day 7: Kumamoto & Kagoshima
- Day 8: Ibusuki and Hot Sand Baths
- Day 9: Travel to Yakushima Island
- Day 10: Yakushima Island
- Day 11: Yakushima Island
- Day 12: Nagasaki
- Day 13: Nagasaki
- Day 14: Osaka
- Day 15: Tour ends
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Rather poor by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Natalie26th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Land of Fire
STARTENDSEATS LEFT PRICE
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Kyoto15 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to Osaka0 seats leftUSD $4,640Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Kyoto15 DaysMondayOct 22, 2018to Osaka10+ seats leftUSD $4,640
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Kyoto15 DaysWednesdayNov 14, 2018to Osaka10+ seats leftUSD $4,640
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Kyoto15 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to Osaka10+ seats leftUSD $4,640
- ThursdayMay 23, 2019from Kyoto15 DaysThursdayJun 6, 2019to Osaka10+ seats leftUSD $4,640
- MondaySep 23, 2019from Kyoto15 DaysMondayOct 7, 2019to Osaka10+ seats leftUSD $4,640
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Kyoto15 DaysSaturdayNov 2, 2019to Osaka10+ seats leftUSD $4,640
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Kyoto is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Oku Japan booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 May 2018 the full payment of $4,640 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4640 for Land of Fire, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Oku Japan will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Oku Japan tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,737 km.
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 62 km
- Asuka (Japan)
- 40 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 402 km
- Beppu (Japan)
- 55 km
- Kurokawa (Japan)
- 33 km
- Takachiho (Japan)
- 53 km
- Kumamoto (Japan)
- 115 km
- Kagoshima (Japan)
- 41 km
- Ibusuki (Japan)
- 100 km
- Yakushima Island (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,640 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,343 tours in Asia
- covered by 164 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Land of Fire via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Land of Fire