The Viking Trail
- Our saving
- US $ 1,929
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start in Amsterdam and end in Bergen! With the discovery tour The Viking Trail, you have a 12 day tour package taking you through Amsterdam, Netherlands and 19 other destinations in Europe. The Viking Trail includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- RKRox-AnneWritten on August 24, 20183.5 - GoodToo many hotels didn’t have air conditioning. We were rushed a lot and then told if we wanted to stay somewhere for longer we could just take a train or bus yet weren’t given specific information as to how to get tickets. This caused a lot of problems sometimes. We expected a lot of information about culture and etc And we did get some. However, we could barely hear our tour director over the microphone and she’d bounce around between topics and do so way too quickly. A lot of fellow travelers had been on previous Cosmos tours and had great comments about those tours. Not with this trip. It was okay and we saw a lot of great things but it wasn’t relaxing/calm like other trips we’ve taken. Someone really needs to change this trip as there wasn’t too many things to do - it just seemed to be poorly laid out or organizedShow detailed ratings
- JakesWritten on August 2, 20183.5 - GoodThe guide was not entertaining at all. As tour director, he did his job organising everything. But he had very little information about the areas/places we visited to share.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN AMSTERDAM AREA, HOLLAND
- Day 2: AMSTERDAM AREA
- Day 3: AMSTERDAM AREA–BREMEN, GERMANY–HAMBURG
- Day 4: HAMBURG–PUTTGARDEN-RØDBY FERRY–ROSKILDE, DENMARK–COPENHAGEN AREA
- Day 5: COPENHAGEN
- Day 6: COPENHAGEN AREA–HALMSTAD, SWEDEN–GOTHENBURG
- Day 7: GOTHENBURG–FREDERIKSTAD, NORWAY–OSLO
- Day 8: OSLO
- Day 9: OSLO–HØNEFOSS–FLÅ–GOL–FLÅM AREA
- Day 10: FLÅM AREA–SOGNEFJORD–BERGEN
- Day 11: BERGEN
- Day 12: BERGEN
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Rather poor by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does this tour include a tour guide and accommodation?
The Viking tour does includes accommodation and a tour guide as well as breakfast each day, 4 dinners and accommodation on a coach between locations.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shereen22nd June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
The Viking Trail
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayMay 10, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayMay 21, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$50$2,069-2%USD $2,019Based on Double Room
- FridayMay 17, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayMay 28, 2019to BergenOnly 2 seats left$50$2,069-2%USD $2,019Based on Double Room
- FridayMay 24, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayJun 4, 2019to Bergen9 seats left$50$2,069-2%USD $2,019Based on Double Room
- FridayMay 31, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayJun 11, 2019to Bergen8 seats left$50$2,169-2%USD $2,119Based on Double Room
- FridayJun 7, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayJun 18, 2019to Bergen8 seats left$50$2,169-2%USD $2,119Based on Double Room
- FridayJun 14, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayJun 25, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$50$2,169-2%USD $2,119Based on Double Room
- FridayJun 21, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayJul 2, 2019to BergenOnly 2 seats left$50$2,169-2%USD $2,119Based on Double Room
- FridayJun 28, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayJul 9, 2019to BergenOnly 1 seat left$50$2,069-2%USD $2,019Based on Double Room
- FridayJul 5, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayJul 16, 2019to Bergen10+ seats left$50$2,069-2%USD $2,019Based on Double Room
- FridayJul 12, 2019from Amsterdam12 DaysTuesdayJul 23, 2019to BergenUSD $2,199Based on Double Room
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroNetherlands and Germany
- KroneDenmark and Norway
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Amsterdam is the starting point and Bergen is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Cosmos to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Cosmos booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 December 2018 the full payment of $1,929 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1929 for The Viking Trail, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Cosmos tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,614 km.
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 275 km
- Bremen (Germany)
- 95 km
- Hamburg (Germany)
- 57 km
- Lubeck (Germany)
- 78 km
- Puttgarden (Germany)
- 25 km
- Rodby (Denmark)
- 132 km
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 28 km
- Malmo (Sweden)
- 53 km
- Helsingborg (Sweden)
- 71 km
- Halmstad (Sweden)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,929 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,394 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Viking Trail