Jewels of Costa Rica
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 31 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,241
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
John "Great overview of the country! This was my first time visiting Costa Rica, and this trip was great because it gave us the opportunity to see a wide variety of what the country has to offer(mountains, beaches, and adventures tours- oh my!). I would recommend this tour to people who are visiting the country for the first time and are overwhelmed by the prospect of planning out a trip and trying to f..."
- San Jose
- San Jose
- Hike the Poas Volcano National Park
- Explore the La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Relax in calming mineral baths
- Spot crocodiles in the wild
- Age range
- 7 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
Start and end in San Jose! With the adventure tour Jewels of Costa Rica, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through San Jose, Costa Rica and 5 other destinations in Costa Rica. Jewels of Costa Rica is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- IsabelWritten on May 15, 20183.5 - GoodI really enjoyed this tour -- Overall, the schedule, the driver and the guide were awesome. So was Marcelo the photographer - I would highly recommend Monkey Tours. HOWEVER, I am very disappointed in the Tour Radar and Monkey Tours, as I feel I was taken advantage of. Every person on my trip paid 1/3 of what I did thru a Groupon. If I had known, I would not have booked this trip. I would recommend future participants to find the deals thru Groupon. It would be great if Tour Radar would provide me with some compensation for my next trip -- otherwise I will never book again thru Tour Radar and won't recommend on my travel blog, as well. I really feel like I was riped off.Show detailed ratings
- RARosalynWritten on April 16, 20184.0 - GoodSo much covered in a short time! This is a great intro to Costa Rica - my first time there. We did cloud forest to beach and back again. Our guide, Albert, was young and enthusiastic- clearly passionate about his home. We had a photographer with us (based on size of group) who sold photo packages at the end. I thought this was a great idea, as Antu’s camera was so much better and got those great wildlife shots that Costa Rica is famous for. All members of the team were really friendly and helpful, a really happy environment for the trip. Monkey Tours office was pretty poor on the communication before the trip started. Other people in the group had received a huge variety of information. It all made sense once the tour started, as Albert was very organised and staying on top of the arrangements. The volcano park was closed for months before I even booked the trip apparently but this was never mentioned to me before i arrived. That part of the trip was replaced with a visit to a wildlife sanctuary and a tour that explained the coffee production. A bit of a let down compared to visiting a volcano and it would have been nice to be advised before hand. The hotels were generally good and the breakfast filing and tasty. The activities included are a great way to experience the spectacular wonders in Costa Rica, the cloud forest, the waterfalls, the beaches, white water rafting and zip lining. I booked an additional sea kayaking trip (45USD) which was also fantastic. I thought this trip had a great balance between travelling, experiences and lounging by the pool with cocktails. We covered 600 miles in a week. And some of the roads are rough. But as the Costa Rican’s say, Pura Vida (pure life). Costa Rica is the right side of chilled out and laid back, a great experience and a great country. A recommendation for both and I look forward to my next visit there.Show detailed ratings
- CristinaWritten on April 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentI'm a 24 year old female who decided to traveled solo and I felt completely safe throughout the whole trip. Btw, I'm vegan and it was not hard at all to veganize or find restaurants that served vegan options. I do not know how to swim but I went white water rafting as well as ocean kayaking and it was so much fun, safe too! Definitely recommend you guys to try those options. The guide Albert and the driver Mauricio were very friendly and knowledgeable. They would even stop to point out monkeys, sloths, toucans and all other sorts of animals while on the road. The people I traveled with throughout the trip were amazing as well, so I got lucky with the group I ended up in. The hotels were the same as stated in the itinerary and they were awesome! The people in Costa Rica are so friendly and the country is so beautiful! I do warn you if you get motion sickness in vehicles i definitely recommend you take something to prevent it and bring bug repellent. I also recommend you check out the towns you come across, that's what i did.Show detailed ratings
- IEIrinaWritten on March 29, 20184.5 - ExcellentMy daughter and I enjoyed the tour. It was full of exciting activities and had enough beach time for us. The internet was quite good everywhere we stayed. The included food was always a buffet style and we always had enough to choose from. Be prepared to eat a lot of rice with beans :). Our driver and our tour guide were great!Show detailed ratings
- KNkarenWritten on February 26, 20184.0 - GoodWe were very lucky to have an excellent crew looking after us, a very knowledgeable helpful guide, good driver and charismatic photographer. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. We would have preferred a longer tour with two nights in each hotel. the tour was a very good introduction to Costa Rica.Show detailed ratings
- JHJohnWritten on January 14, 20184.0 - GoodGreat overview of the country! This was my first time visiting Costa Rica, and this trip was great because it gave us the opportunity to see a wide variety of what the country has to offer(mountains, beaches, and adventures tours- oh my!). I would recommend this tour to people who are visiting the country for the first time and are overwhelmed by the prospect of planning out a trip and trying to fit in many different experiences. It’s also for people who don’t mind traveling frequently and doing many activities each day. Our tour guide was amazing and extremely knowledgeable about the country, he provided an educational aspect that I really appreciated. For example, it’s one thing to see the monkeys, but it’s also nice to learn about them and their habits as well. My one and only complaint about this trip was the hotel accommodations- they aren’t 4 or 5 star hotels but I suppose you get what you pay for. Expect each hotel to have different methods for handling towels, safe keys, and meals. Make sure you hold on to whatever they give you and give it back when you check out or else you will be charged. Also! BRING SUNSCREEN and MOSQUITO SPRAY - if you forget and buy some here, you will be heavily upcharged for it. Overall, I really enjoyed this tour and all the activities it planned for us. Make sure to read the description of each day and google the hotels to know what you’re in for. Otherwise, enjoy your trip in Costa Rica and Pura Vida!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Jewels of Costa Rica
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayJun 1, 2018from San Jose8 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to San Jose4 seats left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
- SundayJun 3, 2018from San Jose8 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to San Jose6 seats left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
- FridayJun 8, 2018from San Jose8 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to San Jose0 seats left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
- SundayJun 10, 2018from San Jose8 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to San Jose0 seats left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
- FridayJun 15, 2018from San Jose8 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to San Jose0 seats left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
- SundayJun 17, 2018from San Jose8 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to San Jose0 seats left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
- FridayJun 22, 2018from San Jose8 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to San Jose0 seats left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
- SundayJun 24, 2018from San Jose8 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to San JoseOnly 1 seat left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
- FridayJun 29, 2018from San Jose8 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to San Jose0 seats left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
- SundayJul 1, 2018from San Jose8 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to San Jose0 seats left$38USD $1,241Based on Twin Share
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- ColonCosta Rica
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Costa Rica. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in San Jose.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Monkey Tours Costa Rica booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $1,241 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1241 for Jewels of Costa Rica, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Monkey Tours Costa Rica will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Monkey Tours Costa Rica : Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 537 km.
- San Jose (Costa Rica)
- 90 km
- Volcan Arenal (Costa Rica)
- 111 km
- Playa Samara (Costa Rica)
- 88 km
- Monteverde (Costa Rica)
- 123 km
- Manuel Antonio National Park (Costa Rica)
- 55 km
- Playa Hermosa (Costa Rica)
- 70 km
- San Jose (Costa Rica)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,241 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,242 tours in Latin America
- covered by 102 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Jewels of Costa Rica via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Jewels of Costa Rica