Skye, Loch Ness & Inverness
- Our saving
- US $ 700
- Hunt for the Loch Ness monster
- Explore Culloden Battlefield
- Take the ferry to Skye
- Enjoy in and around Edinburgh
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- RRyanBenderWritten on May 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentCaitlin was fantastic and a true pleasure to guide us through the week. She’s a fun loving free spirit who has a gift for sharing the rich history of Scotland. She was also very punctual with each drop off and pick up (almost exactly to the minute) so that we got to see as much as possible throughout the week. Her stories were entertaining, her recommendations for food and entertainment were spot on, and her joyful spirit was infectious for the rest of the group. Thanks Caitlin for a memorable week!Show detailed ratings
- GCGeorgeneWritten on May 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe guide, Gillian was excellent! Her foketale stories enriched the trip as did her helpful spirit. We would be happy to go on another tour with Gillian!Show detailed ratings
- LLennaWintertonWritten on April 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentCaitlin was the perfect tour guide! I was really worried that the tour would be a bit boring, but with her good story telling skills, her music and her good vibes, the tour was perfect! I recommend it to any curious tourist, it showed us a great oversight of the highlands (I only did the one day tour), and made me want to go again! Thanks again for everythingShow detailed ratings
- WTWendyWritten on October 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy 15 year old daughter and I had a fabulous trip with Highlander Explorer Tours, would recommend this 5 day tour. Our guide Steve was really knowledgable and friendly and made the trip into the highlands fun. We had the best time.Show detailed ratingsHighland Explorer Tours commented on this reviewHi Wendy, Thank you for the review and recommendation, I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your tour with Steve! All the best, Trine
- JLJoelWritten on September 2, 20172.0 - Rather poorI will elate when we return to the US..........For the most part this tour sucks!!!!!!Show detailed ratingsHighland Explorer Tours commented on this reviewHi Joel, I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy all of the aspects of your tour experience, however, I am glad that you rated our tour guide highly. I hope that you have some nice memories from exploring the stunning scenery of the Scottish Highlands and the Isle of Skye. Regards, Natalia
- CAClaudiaWritten on July 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe really liked the tour, the driver (Steve) was really helpful and fun. The booking with tourradar was not that good.Show detailed ratingsHighland Explorer Tours commented on this reviewHi Claudia, thank you for the great review. Fantastic to hear you loved your tour with Steve. Thanks, Annabelle
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Edinburgh to Oban
- Day 2: Oban to Isle of Skye
- Day 3: Isle of Skye to Inverness
- Day 4: Inverness
- Day 5: Inverness to Edinburgh
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
Is the accommodation included on this trip?
Included in this trip is accommodation in 3* B&B (there is also an option to upgrade to an Highland Hotel Accom. for additional cost).
- August 3, 2016
What will the weather be like?
Predictably unpredictable. The Highlands wouldn’t be so green, and the lochs so beautiful, if it didn’t rain from time to time. Scotland has a worse reputation than it deserves in terms of weather but come prepared for a bit of everything. Wet weather gear, sunblock, t-shirts and jumpers are all recommended.
- August 3, 2016
Are there any luggage restrictions?
We recommend one reasonable sized suitcase or piece of baggage and one small carry on bag per person, up to a maximum weight of 15kg. We are unfortunately not able to store any extra luggage at our Office. Waverley Train Station has luggage storage and it is also worth speaking to your accommodation provider as they may have secure storage facilities too.
You may find it useful to bring a small bag in which to keep your purse, a bottle of water and anything you might need during the day. You can bring this bag onboard the bus with you and store it in the overhead luggage rack.
Guides who have led this tour
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me..."
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to..."
- "I have been working for Haggis Adventures for a year now, and it has honestly been the best year of my..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
Skye, Loch Ness & Inverness
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- MondayMay 28, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$32USD $767
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Highland Explorer Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Highland Explorer Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 July 2018 the full payment of $700 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $700 for Skye, Loch Ness & Inverness, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Highland Explorer Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 150 km
- Oban (Scotland)
- 133 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 120 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 181 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $700 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,958 tours in Europe
- covered by 208 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Skye, Loch Ness & Inverness