- US $ 1,089
- Mexico City
- Explore ancient Teocali Aztec ruins
- Swim in underwater rivers and caverns
- See diverse wildlife like iguanas
- Visit Mayan archaeological sites
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Bus
- Max Group Size
- Local Transport
- Travel style
- Discovery, Beach
- Rather Poor
- GrahamWritten on May 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentAncient Mayan ruins ❤️Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewFantastic photos! Thanks for sharing :-)
- MEMarioWritten on August 24, 20173.0 - AverageMy trip was below of what I expected I could have done it by myself but live and learn. I think Tucan Travel over price the ¨Magical Mexico¨ project. Overall transportation was on time and safe, the hotels I would rate them 2 starts very basic as far as our guide leader she tried to do her best.Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Mario, we are so sorry that your tour didn't meet your expectations. We always strive to do our best and appreciate all feedback, good and bad. To provide further feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HJHaraldWritten on March 19, 20173.0 - AverageWe visited during this trip what we expected, the schedule was fulfilled as described. Guide Lisa is very experienced and friendly, she created good atmosphere. Accommodation was very basic (last one with no hot water to wash), unexpectedly cheap compared to the price of the trip (there is a business ethics - rate of the profit should be like 10% not 100%). Although, hotels were all central, in walking distance from town-center. In Cancun the hotel should be near to the beach, not downtown. Tips for local guides, drivers, etc. should be included in the price of the trip and paid by the tour leader.Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Harald. Thanks for your feedback. We use locally owned hotels and guesthouses throughout Central America as this allows money to go directly to the local people rather than large corporate chains. The hotel standards can vary from place to place but we always make sure that they are clean, comfortable and in good locations. We never guarantee hot water. With all of this in mind, the hotel we use in Cancun is small, locally owned and in the heart of the town rather than in the incredibly touristy, expensive and commercialised hotel zone.
- GKGeorgeWritten on December 14, 20165.0 - ExcellentHaving done Colombia last year, I got an unexpected but welcomed taste for the South American culture, wanting to explore further, this year I decided to venture a little higher and found myself for the first time in Central America, specifically in Mexico and much like Colombia, it didn't disappoint. The colours, sites, sounds, smells, tastes, it all came together in one of the most wonderful back drops I have ever seen. Be it ancient pyramids, underground cenotes or indigenous villages using Coca-Cola bottles as a tool of peaceful religious worship, it all amazed and it all impressed. The itinerary was diverse, varied and quite involved, the locals were very friendly and our guide Bec was not only a good leader but someone who became a good friend too as she just had the time of day for everyone on her tour. Her enthusiasm and knowledgeable was second to non and she treated us all like life long friends. I'd highly recommend Mexico to anyone that is thinking about visiting. In closing, for me, Mexico is the JUAN!Show detailed ratings
- BJBarbaraWritten on March 13, 20164.5 - ExcellentExcellent variety. Emma our guide was so caring.Show detailed ratings
- SylviaWritten on December 2, 20144.5 - ExcellentOverall, this was an excellent tour...Becky was a great guide, good balance of fun and guidance. She's a real pro!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Mexico City
- Day 2: Puebla
- Day 3: Oaxaca
- Day 4: Night Bus to San Cristóbal
- Day 5-7: San Cristóbal
- Day 8-9: Palenque
- Day 10-11: Mérida
- Day 12: Playa del Carmen
- Day 13: Depart Playa del Carmen
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the flights included?
TourRadar is an online booking portal for group tours only, we are not a travel agency so we cannot arrange flights for you, we reccommend using skyscanner.com or kayak.com
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
Does this tour includes visa fees?
No, visa fees are not included. Unfortunately we are unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
Do I need vaccinations?
Vaccination requirements vary from destination to destination and from person to person. You should seek professional advice from your doctor, travel nurse or medical centre before you travel and take your itinerary with you to your appointment, which should be made at least 6 weeks in advance of travel.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to CancunOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,089+ $140 Local Payment
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayNov 29, 2018to Cancun7 seats leftUSD $1,089+ $140 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 15, 2018from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayDec 27, 2018to Cancun7 seats leftUSD $1,139+ $150 Local Payment
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayJan 17, 2019to Cancun7 seats leftUSD $1,139+ $150 Local Payment
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayFeb 14, 2019to Cancun7 seats leftUSD $1,099+ $150 Local Payment
- SaturdayFeb 23, 2019from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayMar 7, 2019to Cancun7 seats leftUSD $1,099+ $150 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayApr 4, 2019to Cancun7 seats leftUSD $1,099+ $150 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayApr 25, 2019to Cancun7 seats leftUSD $1,099+ $150 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayMay 23, 2019to Cancun7 seats leftUSD $1,099+ $150 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Mexico City13 DaysThursdayJun 13, 2019to Cancun7 seats leftUSD $1,099+ $150 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Mexico. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Mexico. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Mexico. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Mexico City is the starting point and Cancun is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 November 2018 the full payment of $1,089 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1089 for Magical Mexico, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Mexico City (Mexico)
- 42 km
- Teotihuacan (Mexico)
- 99 km
- Puebla (Mexico)
- 267 km
- Oaxaca (Mexico)
- 442 km
- San Cristobel de Las Casas (Mexico)
- 110 km
- Palenque (Mexico)
- 455 km
- Merida (Mexico)
- 114 km
- Chichen Itza (Mexico)
- 185 km
- Cancun (Mexico)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,089 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,731 tours in Latin America
- covered by 144 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Magical Mexico via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Magical Mexico