- Our saving
- US $ 1,115
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +4 Destinations
- Peloponnese Islands
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Athens, transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Athens, city tour
- Day 3: Mycenae, Palamidi fortress & Nafplion
- Day 4: Olympia, drive to Delphi
- Day 5: Tour of Delphi, then through Central Greece to Kalambaka
- Day 6: Clifftop monasteries of Meteora. Return to Athens
- Day 7: Athens, transfer to airport
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- VLVeenaWritten on April 24, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We were not given accurate information by Encounters Travel. While this was being resolved, my parents experienced harassment and threats to their safety. Even once it had been resolved they continued to be harassed despite the agreement they had reached... Read more
- SSShanthiWritten on April 10, 20185.0 - Excellent
The tour was very good and covered most of the sights that I wanted to see. The City tour on day 2 was only for half day and I took the option to visit Cape Sounio with the tour company (not part of the overall tour). It was well worth a visit to see the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Shanthi, Thanks for taking the time to get back to us with this feedback and for your fantastic review, we very much appreciate your 5-star rating! Thank you also for your tips on the itinerary and the additional day trip on day 2. We do offer the Cape Sounio tour locally, but will certainly look at offering it as a standard option available in advance too. The tour does concentrate on the classical sites and museums, though we're planning to extend it and include the monasteries and spectacular scenery at Meteora for 2019 which will add some more variety. I'm sure our future travellers will find your advice very helpful when they embark on this adventure and I hope that you'll decide to join us again in the future!
- SSShanthiWritten on April 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was compact and very well organised. The locations were ideal and beautiful with lovely hotels (Hotel Europa, Olympia and Amalia Hotel in Delphi).
- MLMarianneWritten on March 5, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Our trip to Greece was very well organized. The tour guide Matthew worked very hard, and we were picked up at the airport and sent back without a hitch. When we got to the hotel, a tour rep Effie came to greet us and explain every part of the tour as well... Read more
- FBFrancisWritten on September 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We were a family of six. My 3 sons whose ages ranged from 17 to 22, my mum 73, my husband and me in a wheelchair. You would think that's a tricky bunch to please. But everyone on the team, Effie, Cassandra and our driver went out of their way to make our... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm wondering how much time is spent on a bus and how much time is spent walking/hiking?
The majority of this tour is spent sightseeing with your tour guide,we really can't give you exact number of hours as this will depend on the group dynamics and how much free time is requested at each of the places being visited.
How much time is spent on a bus?
These are the approximate driving durations for each day of the tour, however please do bear in mind that these are only approximate and local conditions could result in these being different whilst on the ground.
Day 1 - Very little, just the airport transfer - max. 1 hour.
Day 2 - Again, very little on this day as this day is spend in Athens.
Day 3 - Athens to Olympia takes around 4 hours, however this will be broken up with various stops throughout the day.
Day 4 - Olympia to Delphi takes approximately 3.5 hours.
Day 5 - The journey from Delphi back to Athens normally takes around 2.5 hours.
Day 6 - Airport Transfer only, around 1 hour.
What is the maximum capacity of the tour?
Our Greece small-group tours run with a maximum of 26 travellers, and a minimum of 2.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Mandy18th February 2019
- Upcoming departures
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridayJul 12, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$268$1,809-15%USD $1,541
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridayJul 26, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$268$1,809-15%USD $1,541
- SaturdayAug 3, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridayAug 9, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$268$1,809-15%USD $1,541
- SaturdayAug 17, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridayAug 23, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$268$1,809-15%USD $1,541
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridaySep 6, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$268$1,809-15%USD $1,541
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridaySep 20, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$268$1,809-15%USD $1,541
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$268$1,809-15%USD $1,541
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridayOct 18, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$268$1,809-15%USD $1,541
- SaturdayOct 26, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridayNov 1, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$268$1,809-15%USD $1,541
- SaturdayNov 9, 2019from Athens7 DaysFridayNov 15, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$194$1,309-15%USD $1,115
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 August 2019 the full payment of $1,115 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1115 for Classic Greece, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 63 km
- Epidavros (Greece)
- 37 km
- Mycenae (Greece)
- 95 km
- Olympia (Greece)
- 118 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 121 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,115 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,623 tours in Europe
- covered by 557 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Classic Greece via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classic Greece