Japan Winter Festivals
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 54:41:08
- Our saving
- US $ 2,752
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start and end in Sapporo! With the in-depth cultural tour Japan Winter Festivals, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Sapporo, Japan and 3 other destinations in Japan. Japan Winter Festivals is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- GGriffinWritten on March 4, 20172.5 - AverageHaving just come back from a tour in Japan with Intrepid, I will say with complete conviction. Definitely go to Japan, just never do it with Intrepid on any of their tours. We paid nearly $3,500 each for 2 people to go on their snow festival tour, and although we loved the people we went with, almost every single activity we did was free to the public and wasn't booked. There was no private travel arrangements, we literally had to catch taxi's everywhere instead of doing what all the other tours I saw were doing, which was a private bus. We stayed at very cheap places, which I can understand would be to bring the cost down for intrepid, but when we paid so much for a tour, you would expect a bit more by way of accommodation and definitely a lot more by way of organisation. We booked the tour nearly 12 months before we departed for Japan, yet they hadn't booked any of the local tours, which meant sometimes we went to places that we were meant to tour and they were closed... and the group got split into 2 hotels at once point because they hadn't booked the accommodation until so late that one of the hotels was fully booked. Basically, we could have done the whole thing ourselves without the tour (and seeing as we arrived 2 days before the tour started, we actually had done everything in those 2 days inside Sapporo that the tour did anyway) for less than $500 each. The only saving graces of this tour was the tour guide and the other people on the tour. If Tatsuro Eguchi (our tour guide) hadn't been such an awesome bloke and known so much about the history of the places we were visiting, I would be contacting my travel agent and making a complaint. TLDR: If you want to be overcharged by at least $2500 each and do a tour that you go to places without bookings, just to find they are closed. Intrepid is the group for you. The tour guide was great, the tour sucked.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Griffin, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We were disappointed to read that you didn’t feel you got value for your money on the Japan Winter Festival tour. Griffin, we would love an opportunity to more fully understand your experience as feedback from our passengers is essential towards improving all that we do. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team who will be happy to further address your concerns: email@example.com Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Intrepid Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Sapporo
- Day 2: Sapporo
- Day 3: Otaru
- Day 4: Otaru
- Day 5: Sounkyo
- Day 6: Sounkyo
- Day 7: Sapporo
- Day 8: Sapporo
AccommodationRated Rather poor by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Bad by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Japan Winter Festivals
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- TuesdayFeb 5, 2019from Sapporo8 DaysTuesdayFeb 12, 2019to Sapporo4 seats left$433$3,185-14%USD $2,752Book Now Hold my
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from Sapporo8 DaysSundayFeb 17, 2019to Sapporo10+ seats left$433$3,185-14%USD $2,752Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Sapporo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $2,752 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2752 for Japan Winter Festivals, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 357 km.
- Sapporo (Japan)
- 33 km
- Otaru (Japan)
- 128 km
- Asahikawa (Japan)
- 48 km
- Sounkyo (Japan)
- 149 km
- Sapporo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,752 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,876 tours in Asia
- covered by 288 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Winter Festivals
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers