Ultimate New Zealand
- Explore the city of Auckland
- Visit the beautiful Kauri Forest
- Relax at Hot Water Beach
- Reach the summit of Mt. Rangitoto
- Age range
- 18 to 31 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- TTimoWritten on September 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentIt was great, but Corey doesnt know anythingShow detailed ratings
- PPaulSpielesWritten on September 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was an amazing week! I met a bunch of cool dudes and our tour guide was amazing. It was a great start in my work and travel nz adventure and im sad that the week passed so fast.Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewThanks Paul! Great to hear you loved Ultimate NZ and your guide Corey - what a legend! Enjoy the next part of your NZ adventure. You know where we are if you need anything at all! :) Thanks, Ultimate Crew
- MaxiWritten on September 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentIve seen a naked dude dipping his balls in ice here. Im happyShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentI have done the tourShow detailed ratings
- JakeWritten on September 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentCorey was super engaged with the group at all times. He was knowledgeable about the city, and told us facts like there being more sails than people in the city of Auckland! The two nights in Coromandel were absolutely magical. It was all around a super fun trip and an absolute blast.Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewThanks Jake! Happy to hear you had an awesome first week in New Zealand with Corey - the views in the Coromandel are breathtaking aren't they?! Enjoy the rest of your time in NZ. You know where we are if you need anything at all! Thanks, Ultimate Crew :)
- MPMoniqueWritten on July 20, 20181.5 - Rather poorI would not recommend this tour at all. paid over$800(AUD) for this and what a rip off. There were four of us in the group - all female and the tour guide was male/ who might I add only had been in New zealand fo 10 weeks.( & that tour was going to be his last) Save your money and do it yourself! A tour of auckland is a hour walk around the city. we also where only there for a holiday not the working part, which was fine we were happy to do our own thing while the other girls got set up for jobs etc, we also got told we would get a ferry paid for to cater for that part, we got this on the second last day when we asked for it on the first so we could go out on the days the other girls were setting everything up, so lucky we had 1 day before we flew home to use that ticket and adventure on our own. We also where told we would see a kauri forest, never happened. One night in coromandal where we had to pay and cook our own meal, the tour guide said if one person pays and we all put in money we can cook something together, so we did, he is the only one who hasn't paid his part in the meal and when told the last day of the tour he completely dodged the question and we never saw him again. 'Home cooked bbq' - for one we had to cook the meal and secondly yes ultimate paid for this but it only covered $8.00 per person!! so 5 x $8.00 = $40.00 do you know what that got us? bread, butter, sausages, thin frozen meat patties and sauce. no salad, no sides. I would just like to say although we didn't get what we paid for, surely you should train your employees to be able to entertain and engage the group rather then doing their own thing and get s****y that we didn't want to drink every night. Such a shame, seeing reviews prior to starting the tour looked like we'd have loads of fun but I now never to book a tour through this company and book things for myself. The only part that was enjoyable was with the coromandal tour company and I will give a great review for that company. FYI this coromandal company has no association with ultimate travel, go figure!Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewHi Moneek, I’m so sorry to hear about your experience on Ultimate NZ. It’s disappointing to hear as we want our travellers to have the time of their life on all of our tours. We really appreciate your feedback and would like the chance to make it right! My colleague Sophie has emailed you to address the issues you’ve mentioned. Thanks, The Ultimate Crew
- SESamanthaWritten on July 20, 20182.0 - Rather poorGoing to New Zealand I expected a tour guide from New Zealand who knew more about history etc. Also when we bought dinner to cook at Tui Lodge whilst at the coromandel, the guide said one person can pay for it then everyone pay them back. So I paid, and everyone paid me back BUT the tour guide. It would've been good to have more things included on the itinerary in Auckland, rather then just a city tour consisting of the tour guide's favourite spots. The tour definitely didn't seem worth $800, after all I could've done all the things included myself for half that amount.Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback Samantha and sorry to hear your experience with us didn't match your expectations. We usually get great feedback about our tour and our guides so it's disappointing for us to hear. We've taken your feedback on board and emailed you to address the issues you've mentioned. Thanks - Ultimate Crew
- MMDaltonWritten on July 17, 20183.0 - AverageAs the tour was advertised with a major focus on WHV I thought it would be great to meet people in the same boat as me but it was a mixture of both WHV and non-WHV which wasn't clear on booking and wasn't my expectations. Also I think there was too much free time in the city instead of planned activities or getting out to see more of NZ and the planned activities weren't very exciting. Don't get me wrong the group and tour leader were lovely and I did enjoy going to the Coromandel but on a whole if I had known all this at the start I wouldn't have booked. Following the tour my dealings with Ultimate were pretty poor too and I am still having to contact them months on to sort a few things. Although the other tours have a great review based on my experience I wouldn't book with Ultimate again.Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewThank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear your experience with us in New Zealand wasn't what you expected. We've taken your feedback on board and would like the chance to make it right! We've emailed you to address the issues you've mentioned. Thanks - Ultimate Crew
- YYoungChangWritten on May 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentTour guide was super awesome! Loved the company and the places we visited. Loved the scenic views!Show detailed ratings
- BBenWritten on May 15, 20183.5 - GoodGood tour guide but too expansive in total.Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewGreat to hear you enjoyed the tour Ben and loved your tour guide! We believe in offering our travellers the very best experiences at a great value price including heaps of activities, the best tour guides and quality accommodation throughout. We hope you loved your experience in New Zealand - feel free to email us with any feedback you have on how you think the tour could be improved. We hope to see you on another Ultimate tour soon!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Auckland
- Day 2-3: Let's Explore & Setup Essentials
- Day 4: Road Trip to Coromandel!
- Day 5: Hot Water Beach, Cathedral Cove & Kauri Forest
- Day 6: Hidden Beaches & Party Night
- Day 7: Volcano Summit & Farewell
- Day 8: After the Tour
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes on the morning of the last day at Base Auckland. The crew are on hand to help you plan your next footsteps, whether you are planning on exploring other parts of New Zealand, looking for work or sticking around in Auckland for a while longer, they will make sure you get to where you need to be. Please be aware that the endpoint is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts in Auckland and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at Base Auckland any time. A complimentary arrival transfer will be provided for you from the airport in Auckland, so you'll have a smooth arrival to New Zealand. Your Ultimate New Zealand adventure officially starts at 6 pm for a meet and greet, and then you will head out for an included welcome dinner and drinks. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are the optional excursions?
The tour operator has advised that this tour does not offer any optional excursions. That being said, the tour already includes a bunch of great experiences!
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm lucky enough to call Vietnam my home! I love to travel, meet new people and showing you what this..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ivy30th July 2018
Ultimate New Zealand
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- MondayNov 5, 2018from Auckland8 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $618
- MondayDec 3, 2018from Auckland8 DaysMondayDec 10, 2018to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $618
- MondayJan 7, 2019from Auckland8 DaysMondayJan 14, 2019to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $618
- MondayFeb 4, 2019from Auckland8 DaysMondayFeb 11, 2019to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $618
- MondayMar 4, 2019from Auckland8 DaysMondayMar 11, 2019to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $618
- MondayApr 1, 2019from Auckland8 DaysMondayApr 8, 2019to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $618
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Auckland8 DaysMondayMay 13, 2019to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $618
- MondayJun 3, 2019from Auckland8 DaysMondayJun 10, 2019to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $618
- MondayJul 1, 2019from Auckland8 DaysMondayJul 8, 2019to AucklandUSD $618
- MondayAug 5, 2019from Auckland8 DaysMondayAug 12, 2019to AucklandUSD $618
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Ultimate Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 December 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Ultimate New Zealand, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Ultimate Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Ultimate Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 76 km
- Thames (New Zealand)
- 40 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 29 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,003 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 70 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Ultimate New Zealand via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate New Zealand