Festive Time on the Romantic Rhine with Lucerne Extension – Northbound
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 1 Jun 2018
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Lucerne and end in Amsterdam ! With the river cruise tour Festive Time on the Romantic Rhine with Lucerne Extension – Northbound, you have a 10 day tour package taking you from Lucerne to Amsterdam and through Lucerne, Switzerland and 11 other destinations in Europe. Festive Time on the Romantic Rhine with Lucerne Extension – Northbound includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- LVLisaWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe had a marvelous time and were overwhelmed by the quality of the ship, the staff, your guides and the food! Our cruise began in Vienna and concluded near Munich. Everything was fantastic. Beautiful sights and the tour guides made sure we went during off peak times so the crowds were smaller, and we never had to wait in line! The hotels were top notch as well. This was our first Avalon trip and we enjoyed it so much that we immediately booked another Avalon cruise next spring. This next one will be on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Zurich and we are adding on three days in Lake Como. We invited some friends to join us and hope they do! Sharing the fun with family or close friends will only enhance the experience. We are excitedly counting the days!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Lucerne
- Day 2: Lucerne
- Day 3: Lucerne–Basel (Embarkation)
- Day 4: Breisach, Germany. Excursion to the Black Forest
- Day 5: Strasbourg, France
- Day 6: Excursion to Heidelberg, Germany–Mainz
- Day 7: Rüdesheim–Rhine Gorge–Koblenz
- Day 8: Cologne
- Day 9: Amsterdam, Holland
- Day 10: Amsterdam (Disembarkation)
Avalon Waterways Ship
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Seine River Cruise Vacations
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroGermany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Lucerne is the starting point and Amsterdam is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 August 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Festive Time on the Romantic Rhine with Lucerne Extension – Northbound, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 854 km.
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 78 km
- Basel (Switzerland)
- 53 km
- Breisach am Rhein (Germany)
- 55 km
- Black Forest (Germany)
- 55 km
- Breisach am Rhein (Germany)
- 62 km
- Strasbourg (Germany)
- 113 km
- Heidelberg (Germany)
- 73 km
- Mainz (Germany)
- 23 km
- Rudesheim am Rhein (Germany)
- 26 km
- Rhine Gorge (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,111 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Festive Time on the Romantic Rhine with Lucerne Extension – Northbound