Vienna on the Danube to Basel on the Rhine
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 31:17:21
- Our saving
- US $ 3,311
+ $288 Taxes
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Vienna and end in Basel ! With the river cruise tour Vienna on the Danube to Basel on the Rhine, you have a 13 day tour package taking you through Vienna, Austria and 11 other destinations in Europe. Vienna on the Danube to Basel on the Rhine includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
Other reviews about Avalon Waterways:Write a review
- Trudyclothier's review about another Avalon Waterways tour4.5 - ExcellentWell looked after, very good short tour
- Dan's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - ExcellentA great experience. I would book with Avalon again.
- Cathy's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - ExcellentOur first Avalon Cruise ... the crew was outstanding; shore trips informative and entertaining; loved having fewer than... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Vienna Austria (Embarkation)
- Day 2: Vienna
- Day 3: Dürnstein
- Day 4: Passau, Germany
- Day 5: Regensburg
- Day 6: Nuremberg
- Day 7: Kitzingen
- Day 8: Würzburg
- Day 9: Karlstadt
- Day 10: Frankfurt
- Day 11: Excursion to Heidelberg
- Day 12: Strasbourg, France
- Day 13: Basel, Switzerland (Disembarkation)
Avalon Waterways Ship
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Seine River Cruise Vacations
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Vienna on the Danube to Basel on the Rhine
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTTRANSPORTSAVE NOW PRICE
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Vienna13 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Basel10+ seats left Avalon Artistry IIAvalon Artistry II$672$4,799-14%USD $4,127+ $288 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- WednesdayAug 1, 2018from Vienna13 DaysMondayAug 13, 2018to Basel10+ seats left Avalon Artistry IIAvalon Artistry II$1,388$4,699-30%USD $3,311+ $288 TaxesBased on Category E TwinBook Online Hold my
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Vienna13 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Basel10+ seats left Avalon Artistry IIAvalon Artistry II$668$4,699-14%USD $4,031+ $288 TaxesBased on Category E TwinBook Online Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroAustria and Germany
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Vienna is the starting point and Basel is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 August 2018 the full payment of $3,311 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3311 for Vienna on the Danube to Basel on the Rhine, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 919 km.
- Vienna (Austria)
- 66 km
- Durnstein (Austria)
- 155 km
- Passau (Germany)
- 110 km
- Regensburg (Germany)
- 89 km
- Nuremberg (Germany)
- 74 km
- Kitzingen (Germany)
- 15 km
- Wurzburg (Germany)
- 23 km
- Karlstadt (Germany)
- 80 km
- Frankfurt-am-Main (Germany)
- 79 km
- Heidelberg (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,311 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,995 tours in Europe
- covered by 210 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 17,944 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours