Central European Experience - Westbound
- +8 Destinations
Start in Prague and end in Paris ! With the river cruise tour Central European Experience - Westbound, you have a 12 day tour package taking you from Prague to Paris and through Prague, Czech Republic and 9 other destinations in Europe. Central European Experience - Westbound includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- River Cruise
- Rather Poor
- JPJocelyneWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentI did Prague to Paris trip last May, 2016. 2 beautiful cities to visit, and the Avalon river cruise through Germany on the Visionary on the Main, Rhine, and Moselle River was amazing. The staff service, rooms, foods and tours was really good. I recommend this river cruise.Show detailed ratings
- GKGeorgiaWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentLast August I was scheduled to go on the Central European Experience on the Visionary. When a cargo ship blocked the lock in Nuremberg making it unable for us to go on our original itinerary, Avalon immediately arranged for us to travel down the Danube instead. Since we finished the cruise in Budapest and were still scheduled to have three days in Paris, they chartered a plane and flew us all to Paris. I am convinced that no other river cruise company would have handled a crisis as well as Avalon did. They could have sent us by bus on the original itinerary as I am sure other companies did. They gave us a wonderful alternative trip and everyone on the ship were very pleased. I have since told my experience to dozens of people and have convinced them if they ever take a river cruise Avalon is the ONLY way to go!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 2: Prague
- Day 3: Prague–Nuremberg, Germany (Embarkation)
- Day 4: Bamberg
- Day 5: Würzburg
- Day 6: Main River Village experience
- Day 7: Rüdesheim–Rhine Gorge
- Day 8: Bernkastel
- Day 9: Trier
- Day 10: Remich, Luxembourg (Disembarkation)–Paris, France
- Day 11: Paris
- Day 12: Paris
Avalon Waterways Ship
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Seine River Cruise Vacations
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Central European Experience - Westbound
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTTRANSPORTSAVE NOW PRICE
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Prague12 DaysSaturdayNov 17, 2018to Paris0 seats leftAvalon VisionaryAvalon VisionaryUSD $3,809Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- KorunaCzech Republic
- EuroGermany , Luxembourg and France
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Czech Republic and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Prague is the starting point and Paris is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 January 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Central European Experience - Westbound, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 964 km.
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 250 km
- Nuremberg (Germany)
- 51 km
- Bamberg (Germany)
- 69 km
- Wurzburg (Germany)
- 147 km
- Rudesheim (Germany)
- 26 km
- Rhine Gorge (Germany)
- 52 km
- Bernkastel (Germany)
- 37 km
- Trier (Germany)
- 30 km
- Remich (Luxembourg)
- 302 km
- Paris (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,509 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Central European Experience - Westbound