Grand Danube Cruise - Eastbound
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 31 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 5,769
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Enjoy beers at the Old Sausage Kitchen
- Explore Vienna, the "City of Music"
- Relax in Budapest's bath houses
- Visit various WW2 landmarks
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
Start in Prague and end in Bucharest ! With the river cruise tour Grand Danube Cruise - Eastbound, you have a 18 day tour package taking you from Prague to Bucharest and through Prague, Czech Republic and 20 other destinations in Europe. Grand Danube Cruise - Eastbound includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- DHDebraWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur experience on Avalon was wonderful! great room, great tour director, great food and wonderful tours!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 2: Prague
- Day 3: Prague
- Day 4: Prague–Nuremberg, Germany (Embarkation)
- Day 5: Nuremberg
- Day 6: Regensburg
- Day 7: Passau
- Day 8: Melk, Austria–Vienna
- Day 9: Vienna
- Day 10: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 11: Budapest
- Day 12: Mohács. Excursion to Pécs
- Day 13: Belgrade, Serbia
- Day 14: Excursion to Lepenski Vir–Iron Gates
- Day 15: Cetate, Romania–Vidin, Bulgaria. Excursion to Belogradchik
- Day 16: Nikopol. Excursion to Veliko Târnovo & Arbanassi–Rousse
- Day 17: Oltenita, Romania (Disembarkation)–Bucharest
- Day 18: Bucharest
Avalon Waterways Ships
- Avalon IlluminationThe Avalon Illumination is one of the jewels among the Suite Ships of the state-of-the-art Avalon fleet. The exquisitely beautiful Panora… Read moreBuilt2014Crew47Length443 ft.Suites67Staterooms16
- Avalon PassionOffering splendid river views, the Avalon Passion offers an exciting array of state-of-the-art amenities. Each Panorama Suite is fitted w… Read moreBuilt2016Crew47Length443 ft.Suites67Staterooms16
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Seine River Cruise Vacations
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sandra3rd May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Grand Danube Cruise - Eastbound
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTTRANSPORTSAVE NOW PRICE
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from Prague18 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to BucharestOnly 1 seat leftAvalon PassionAvalon Passion$750$6,519-12%USD $5,769
- TuesdayJul 24, 2018from Prague18 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to BucharestOnly 1 seat leftAvalon PassionAvalon Passion$250$6,419-4%USD $6,169
- TuesdayAug 14, 2018from Prague18 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to BucharestOnly 1 seat leftAvalon IlluminationAvalon Illumination$250$6,519-4%USD $6,269
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Prague18 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to BucharestOnly 1 seat leftAvalon PassionAvalon Passion$500$6,419-8%USD $5,919
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- KorunaCzech Republic
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Germany, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Prague is the starting point and Bucharest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 August 2018 the full payment of $5,769 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $5769 for Grand Danube Cruise - Eastbound, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,104 km.
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 250 km
- Nuremberg (Germany)
- 89 km
- Regensburg (Germany)
- 110 km
- Passau (Germany)
- 147 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 76 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 169 km
- Mohacs (Hungary)
- 36 km
- Pecs (Hungary)
- 223 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,769 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Grand Danube Cruise - Eastbound