Festive Time on the Legendary Danube - Cruise Only
- Our saving
- US $ 2,249
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Get festive at Europe's legendary Christmas markets
- Visit the imposing Benedictine Abbey in Melk
- Stroll through Nurnberg's cobblestoned old town
- Enjoy guided city tours of the cities visited
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- River Cruise, European Christmas Markets
Start in Nuremberg and end in Budapest ! With the river cruise tour Festive Time on the Legendary Danube - Cruise Only, you have a 8 day tour package taking you from Nuremberg to Budapest and through Nuremberg, Germany and 5 other destinations in Europe. Festive Time on the Legendary Danube - Cruise Only includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- VMvictoriaWritten on November 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentEverything was wonderful! We loved our room and the bed was soooo comfortable. All the staff was professional and friendly. The destinations were so interesting and the local guides made these places come to life. I loved the food. So varied, and the portions weren't overwhelming. Our chef was very good. I have only one little complaint. We read about the taxi drivers in Budapest being notorious for overcharging tourists. Our cruise director assured us that she would arrange the cabs for those needing them at the end of the cruise because Avalon has a relationship with a few of the cab companies. So I left it to the front desk to arrange, confident that we would be in good hands. Our cab driver had no meter in his car. He took us less than 3 kilometers to our hotel and charged us 10 euros. When we left Budapest and needed a cab to the train station, I made sure the hotel staff ordered a reliable cab and asked for the cost upfront--6 euros. And it was much farther. Aside from that, I loved all of it and want to do another Avalon cruise.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Nuremberg, Germany (Embarkation)
- Day 2: Nuremberg
- Day 3: Regensburg
- Day 4: Passau
- Day 5: Melk, Austria–Vienna
- Day 6: Vienna
- Day 7: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 8: Budapest (Disembarkation)
Avalon Waterways Ship
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Seine River Cruise Vacations
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Codi, 25 years old28th September 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Festive Time on the Legendary Danube - Cruise Only
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTTRANSPORTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayNov 23, 2018from Nuremberg8 DaysFridayNov 30, 2018to BudapestOnly 1 seat leftAvalon IlluminationAvalon Illumination$150$2,399-6%USD $2,249Book Online Hold my
- FridayDec 7, 2018from Nuremberg8 DaysFridayDec 14, 2018to BudapestOnly 1 seat leftAvalon IlluminationAvalon Illumination$150$2,399-6%USD $2,249Book Online Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Nuremberg is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 January 2019 the full payment of $2,249 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2249 for Festive Time on the Legendary Danube - Cruise Only, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 635 km.
- Nuremberg (Germany)
- 89 km
- Regensburg (Germany)
- 110 km
- Passau (Germany)
- 147 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 76 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,249 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Festive Time on the Legendary Danube - Cruise Only