Festive Time on the Legendary Danube
- Our saving
- US $ 2,978
+ $168 Taxes
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Prague and end in Budapest ! With the river cruise tour Festive Time on the Legendary Danube, you have a 11 day tour package taking you from Prague to Budapest and through Prague, Czech Republic and 6 other destinations in Europe. Festive Time on the Legendary Danube includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- FDFrancisWritten on October 13, 20173.5 - Good3 days in Prague wasn"t the experience it should have been due to the location of the hotel being on the opposite side of the river from the old town. The hotel was good but the location limited the experience. Shuttles were provided but times weren't helpful. Ours ,Andel , was not listed in their promotions. The included tours were underwhelming, mostly any place that didn't "t require an entrance fee. Free time on the tours was not enough to explore further. The focus was on optional tours at additional cost. Food was excellent Restaurant service was excellent Cruise Director was mediocre - suggesting concerns be referred to our travel agent. Beds and linens good . Cleanliness average - dirty dishes on 3 occasion s and hair in the eggs... Would Not travel Avalon again! Last river cruise 4 years ago ws on the Rhine with AMA...better experience all round.Show detailed ratings
- KWKristenWritten on July 26, 20173.0 - AverageWe recently returned from the Legendary Danube cruise. Most of the tours were predominately motor coach. We saw some beautiful places, but our comfort was not at the top of the list. The dining room air conditioning was not able to keep up with the heat. Our entire table poured sweat every dinner and guests had to fan themselves and use their ice water glasses on their foreheads. Staff commented they were working on it, yet this continued everyday of our trip. As for the bus tours, it was near 90 degrees everyday and 2 of our drivers refused to turn on air conditioning or open a window. It was down right dangerous. Often we would smell raw sewage in our bathroom and room. The smell was strong enough to wake us in our sleep, and make me gag while showering in the morning. The internet was not dependable- as well as the television. Nuremburg is not worth the stop, but we definitely loved our 3 days in the hotel in Prague. Salzburg and Budapest are also beautiful. The staff was kind, pleasant and apologetic, but ineffective at solving problems.Show detailed ratings
- ARAnneWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe just came off an Avalon Waterways cruise - the Legendary Danube. Everything was great! We enjoyed our land tour on Prague for 4 days (included city tour) and the float along the Danube for the next 7 days was nothing less than spectacular. The people were the frosting on the cake - met some great folks (both guests and crew). For us, it was a great way to see 4 awesome countries and cities, villages & everything in between. Thank you all!!Show detailed ratings
- KGKarenWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentLast year my mom and I did the Capitals of Central Europe which was Prague to Budapest. Absolutely incredible. I'd do the exact same itinerary in a heartbeat. The whole ship experience was fantastic and the history and things we saw...out of this world. I'm a travel agent and I recommend Avalon above all other river cruise companies. I sell them with full confidence!Show detailed ratings
- MDMaryWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentMeals were fantastic, terrific staffShow detailed ratings
- LDLorettaWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentAfter 14 ocean and sea cruises, I thought this was the best. The food was better and it was friendlier.Show detailed ratings
- JJenWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentLovely and luxurious!Show detailed ratings
- IRIsabelleWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe best fluvial cruise Ever!Show detailed ratings
- HWHayleyWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentGood food, active itineraries, friendly staff. An overall great way to see Europe!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 2: Prague
- Day 3: Prague
- Day 4: Prague–Nuremberg, Germany (Embarkation)
- Day 5: Nuremberg
- Day 6: Regensburg
- Day 7: Passau
- Day 8: Melk, Austria–Vienna
- Day 9: Vienna
- Day 10: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 11: Budapest (Disembarkation)
Avalon Waterways Ship
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Seine River Cruise Vacations
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Festive Time on the Legendary Danube
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTTRANSPORTSAVE NOW PRICE
- TuesdayNov 20, 2018from Prague11 DaysFridayNov 30, 2018to Budapest9 seats left Avalon IlluminationAvalon Illumination$1,000$4,178-24%USD $3,178+ $168 TaxesBased on Category B TwinBook Online Hold my
- TuesdayDec 4, 2018from Prague11 DaysFridayDec 14, 2018to Budapest10+ seats left Avalon IlluminationAvalon Illumination$250$3,228-8%USD $2,978+ $168 TaxesBased on Category D TwinBook Online Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- KorunaCzech Republic
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Germany, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Prague is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 August 2018 the full payment of $2,978 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2978 for Festive Time on the Legendary Danube, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 885 km.
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 250 km
- Nuremberg (Germany)
- 89 km
- Regensburg (Germany)
- 110 km
- Passau (Germany)
- 147 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 76 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,978 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Festive Time on the Legendary Danube