A Taste of the Danube – Westbound 2018
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 29 May 2018
- US $ 1,989
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start in Budapest and end in Vienna ! With the river cruise tour A Taste of the Danube – Westbound 2018, you have a 8 day tour package taking you from Budapest to Vienna and through Budapest, Hungary and 4 other destinations in Europe. A Taste of the Danube – Westbound 2018 includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- JYJeremyWritten on May 15, 20184.5 - ExcellentFood and architectureShow detailed ratings
- DDanWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentA great experience. I would book with Avalon again.Show detailed ratings
- CCathyWritten on July 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur first Avalon Cruise ... the crew was outstanding; shore trips informative and entertaining; loved having fewer than 150 passengers on board (love the larger cruises but this was much more personal); On board entertainment was unique and fun and the passengers were able to participate; Food was very good. Our stateroom was comfortable and afforded great views! Will definitely do this again!Show detailed ratings
- PpaulaWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentWonderful........!Show detailed ratings
- JFJanWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentFabulous cruise. Almost all tours were included with attention to detail. Acc, food all first classShow detailed ratings
- GHGildaWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentAll the staff/crew members are excellent including your tour guide from Avalon who accompanies you along the way. I got particularly excellent service when I advised them of my food sensitivities. I would encourage anyone considering Avalon to take advantage of any discounts offered, like early booking. Will definitely use them if we take another river cruise.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Budapest (Embarkation)
- Day 4: Bratislava, Slovakia
- Day 5: Melk, Austria–Dürnstein
- Day 6: Vienna (Disembarkation)
- Day 7: Vienna
- Day 8: Vienna
Avalon Waterways Ship
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Avalon Fresh
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Seine River Cruise Vacations
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
A Taste of the Danube – Westbound 2018
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTTRANSPORTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayJul 27, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Vienna0 seats leftAvalon Artistry IIAvalon Artistry IIUSD $1,889Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridaySep 28, 2018from Budapest8 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to ViennaOnly 1 seat leftAvalon Artistry IIAvalon Artistry IIUSD $1,989Book Online Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroSlovakia and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia and Austria. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Vienna is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 August 2018 the full payment of $1,989 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1989 for A Taste of the Danube – Westbound 2018, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 381 km.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 161 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 131 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 23 km
- Durnstein (Austria)
- 66 km
- Vienna (Austria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,989 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on A Taste of the Danube – Westbound 2018