Balkan Discovery with Transylvania - Eastbound
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 52:14:10
- Our saving
- US $ 3,185
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Start in Budapest and end in Bucharest ! With the river cruise tour Balkan Discovery with Transylvania - Eastbound, you have a 12 day tour package taking you from Budapest to Bucharest and through Budapest, Hungary and 17 other destinations in Europe. Balkan Discovery with Transylvania - Eastbound includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
Other reviews about Avalon Waterways:Write a review
- Lindsay Brown's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - ExcellentEverything was great, couldn't have been better!
- Trudyclothier's review about another Avalon Waterways tour4.5 - ExcellentWell looked after, very good short tour
- Jeremy Younbg's review about another Avalon Waterways tour4.5 - ExcellentFood and architecture
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Budapest (Embarkation)
- Day 4: Mohács. Excursion to Pécs
- Day 5: Belgrade, Serbia
- Day 6: Excursion to Lepenski Vir–Iron Gates
- Day 7: Cetate, Romania–Vidin, Bulgaria. Excursion to Belogradchik
- Day 8: Nikopol–Excursion to Veliko Târnovo & Arbanassi–Rousse
- Day 9: Oltenita, Romania (Disembarkation)–Bucharest
- Day 10: Bucharest. Excursion to Transylvania–Brasov
- Day 11: Brasov–Bucharest
- Day 12: Bucharest
Avalon Waterways Ships
- Avalon IlluminationThe Avalon Illumination is one of the jewels among the Suite Ships of the state-of-the-art Avalon fleet. The exquisitely beautiful Panora… Read moreBuilt2014Crew47Length443 ft.Suites67Staterooms16
- Avalon PassionOffering splendid river views, the Avalon Passion offers an exciting array of state-of-the-art amenities. Each Panorama Suite is fitted w… Read moreBuilt2016Crew47Length443 ft.Suites67Staterooms16
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Wendy29th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Balkan Discovery with Transylvania - Eastbound
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTTRANSPORTSAVE NOW PRICE
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Budapest12 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to BucharestOnly 1 seat leftAvalon PassionAvalon Passion$155USD $3,713
- WednesdayJul 4, 2018from Budapest12 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Bucharest10+ seats left Avalon PassionAvalon Passion$439$4,981-9%USD $4,542+ $144 TaxesBased on Category P Twin
- WednesdayAug 1, 2018from Budapest12 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to BucharestOnly 1 seat leftAvalon PassionAvalon Passion$151USD $3,617
- WednesdayAug 22, 2018from Budapest12 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Bucharest10+ seats left Avalon IlluminationAvalon Illumination$436$4,896-9%USD $4,460+ $144 TaxesBased on Category A Twin
- WednesdaySep 12, 2018from Budapest12 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to BucharestOnly 1 seat leftAvalon PassionAvalon Passion$403$4,068-10%USD $3,665
- WednesdayOct 10, 2018from Budapest12 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Bucharest10+ seats left Avalon PassionAvalon Passion$428$4,696-9%USD $4,268+ $144 TaxesBased on Category A Twin
- WednesdayOct 17, 2018from Budapest12 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Bucharest10+ seats left Avalon IlluminationAvalon Illumination$383$3,568-11%USD $3,185+ $144 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Bucharest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 August 2018 the full payment of $3,185 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3185 for Balkan Discovery with Transylvania - Eastbound, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,521 km.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 169 km
- Mohacs (Hungary)
- 36 km
- Pecs (Hungary)
- 223 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 140 km
- Donji Milanovac (Serbia)
- 14 km
- Lepenski Vir (Serbia)
- 95 km
- Cetate (Romania)
- 19 km
- Vidin (Bulgaria)
- 44 km
- Belogradchik (Bulgaria)
- 178 km
- Nikopol (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,185 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,958 tours in Europe
- covered by 208 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 17,936 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours