Active Discovery on the Danube with Salzburg – Westbound
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 23 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 4,059
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Budapest and end in Munich ! With the river cruise tour Active Discovery on the Danube with Salzburg – Westbound, you have a 12 day tour package taking you from Budapest to Munich and through Budapest, Hungary and 14 other destinations in Europe. Active Discovery on the Danube with Salzburg – Westbound includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
Other reviews about Avalon Waterways:Write a review
- Trudyclothier's review about another Avalon Waterways tour4.5 - ExcellentWell looked after, very good short tour
- Dan's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - ExcellentA great experience. I would book with Avalon again.
- Cathy's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - ExcellentOur first Avalon Cruise ... the crew was outstanding; shore trips informative and entertaining; loved having fewer than... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2: Budapest (Embarkation)–Scenic Cruising Around the Danube Bend–Visegrád
- Day 3: Visegrád
- Day 4: Vienna, Austria
- Day 5: Vienna
- Day 6: Krems–Wachau Valley & Strudengau Scenic Cruising–Grein
- Day 7: Grein–Mauthausen–Linz
- Day 8: Engelhartszell–Schlögen Oxbow Scenic Cruising–Linz
- Day 9: Linz (Disembarkation)–Salzburg
- Day 10: Salzburg. Excursion to the Salzkammergut area
- Day 11: Salzburg–Munich, Germany
- Day 12: Munich
Avalon Waterways Ship
- Optional Extras
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Seine River Cruise Vacations
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jeanette24th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Active Discovery on the Danube with Salzburg – Westbound
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTTRANSPORTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Budapest12 DaysWednesdayJun 20, 2018to MunichOnly 1 seat leftAvalon LuminaryAvalon Luminary$669$4,728-14%USD $4,059
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Budapest12 DaysWednesdayJul 4, 2018to MunichOnly 1 seat leftAvalon LuminaryAvalon Luminary$669$4,728-14%USD $4,059
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Budapest12 DaysWednesdayJul 18, 2018to Munich9 seats left Avalon LuminaryAvalon Luminary$425$4,628-9%USD $4,203+ $168 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Budapest12 DaysWednesdayAug 1, 2018to Munich0 seats leftAvalon LuminaryAvalon Luminary$185USD $4,443Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Budapest12 DaysWednesdaySep 12, 2018to Munich10+ seats left Avalon LuminaryAvalon Luminary$437$4,928-9%USD $4,491+ $168 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Budapest12 DaysWednesdaySep 26, 2018to Munich10+ seats left Avalon LuminaryAvalon Luminary$441$5,028-9%USD $4,587+ $168 TaxesBased on Category E Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroAustria and Germany
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Austria and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Munich is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 August 2018 the full payment of $4,059 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4059 for Active Discovery on the Danube with Salzburg – Westbound, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 799 km.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 32 km
- Visegrad (Hungary)
- 199 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 61 km
- Krems an der Donau (Austria)
- 6 km
- Durnstein (Austria)
- 9 km
- Spitz (Austria)
- 44 km
- Grein (Austria)
- 26 km
- Mauthausen (Austria)
- 18 km
- Linz (Austria)
- 47 km
- Engelhartszell (Austria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,059 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,926 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 17,871 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours