- US $ 2,479
- Explore the most famous sites of the vibrant Los Angeles
- Get adventurous in San Diego & then enjoy Mexican food
- Visit the majestic Grand Canyon & drive along Route 66
- Soak up the vibrant nightlife of Las Vegas, the 'Sin City'
- Tour San Francisco & see the iconic Golden Gate Bridge
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Los Angeles
- Day 2: Los Angeles to San Diego
- Day 3: San Diego
- Day 4: San Diego to Phoenix
- Day 5: Phoenix to the Grand Canyon via Sedona
- Day 6: Grand Canyon National Park
- Day 7: Grand Canyon to Las Vegas via Route 66
- Day 8: Las Vegas
- Day 9: Las Vegas to Bass Lake via Barstow and Mojave Desert
- Day 10: Bass Lake and Yosemite National Park
- Day 11: Bass Lake to San Francisco
- Day 12 - 14: San Francisco
- Day 14: Depart San Francisco
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- IshanWritten on August 14, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great way to make the most out of the west coast!Review collected by Contiki
- DDanielleWritten on April 28, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great locations with enough time spent in each. Shared amazing experiences with the best people!!
- DDeniseRwiriWritten on April 28, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Trip of a life time!! Kade is an amazing Trip Manager.
- StephenWritten on August 11, 20181.0 - BadShow detailed ratings
Charity the tour guide was flirting with me inappropriately and telling passengers how to spend their money she was calling me babe which is disrespectful also Hamish was smoking in the taxi and accusing me of being a virgin the girls were flirting with... Read more
- ABAneliseWritten on February 12, 20182.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
I can't even condense this enough to explain what went wrong. Contiki literally exploited and scammed 54 people on Wild Western Winter departing 23rd January. The itinerary was COMPLETELY changed and we were not notified. Apparently we were supposed to be... Read more
- KKaraWritten on December 28, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
- Anick carberryWritten on August 21, 2007
Highlight of this trip is no doubt Las Vegas!! This place has to be seen to be believed and everything that happens there certainly stays there!!! Another highlight was Yosemite national park. This place is truly magnificent. The tour group was 50 strong... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Will we have enough time to do the day hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
Unfortunately, there will not be enough time to do the full day hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon on this tour.
Is it possible to try skiing on this tour?
It is possible to go skiing on this tour but only during the winter departures and if you purchase a ski lift ticket whilst on the tour.
Can I have my own room?
You can pay a single supplement to have your own room every night on the tour with the exception of Bear Lake as the accommodation is based on a triple share for this portion of the trip.
- Travel Isn't About Where You Go...
- Contiki Experiences
- Contiki Munch
- Europe Summer Team
- Contiki Accomodation
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Donna9th September 2019
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- TuesdayOct 29, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayNov 11, 2019to San FranciscoNot available in your region
- TuesdayNov 12, 2019from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayNov 25, 2019to San FranciscoOnly 1 seat leftUSD $2,545Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayApr 7, 2020from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayApr 20, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats leftUSD $2,535Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayApr 14, 2020from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayApr 27, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats leftUSD $2,535Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayApr 21, 2020from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayMay 4, 2020to San Francisco7 seats leftUSD $2,615Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayMay 5, 2020from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayMay 18, 2020to San Francisco0 seats leftUSD $2,615Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayMay 12, 2020from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayMay 25, 2020to San Francisco9 seats leftUSD $2,615Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayMay 19, 2020from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayJun 1, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats leftUSD $2,615Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayMay 26, 2020from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayJun 8, 2020to San Francisco8 seats leftUSD $2,615Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayJun 9, 2020from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayJun 22, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats leftUSD $2,615Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Los Angeles is the starting point and San Francisco is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 27 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 27 December 2019, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Contiki. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Contiki. Please familiarise yourself with the Contiki payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Los Angeles (USA)
- 180 km
- San Diego (USA)
- 480 km
- Phoenix (USA)
- 161 km
- Sedona (USA)
- 134 km
- Grand Canyon (USA)
- 285 km
- Las Vegas (USA)
- 86 km
- Mojave Desert (USA)
- 143 km
- Barstow (USA)
- 352 km
- Bass Lake (USA)
- 47 km
- Yosemite NP (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,479 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,951 tours in North America
- covered by 102 different operators in North America
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Wild Western