Eastern Discovery (Start New York City)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,479
- JUST PAY $99 TODAY
- Stop in Philadelphia & visit the famous Independence Hall
- Explore the historic Charleston & the charming Savannah
- Discover Miami's diverse charm & enjoy Cuban dinner
- Relax and dip in the blue waters of Panama City Beach
- Experience the live music and bar culture of New Orleans
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus, Christmas & New Year
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: New York City to Washington DC via Philadelphia
- Day 2 - 4: Washington DC
- Day 4: Washington D.C. to Raleigh
- Day 5: Raleigh to Savannah via Charleston
- Day 6: Savannah to St. Augustine
- Day 7: St Augustine to Daytona Beach (Cocoa Beach From Apr 2019) via Kennedy Space Center
- Day 8: Daytona Beach (Cocoa Beach From Apr 2019) to Miami
- Day 9: Miami
- Day 10: Miami to Orlando
- Day 11: Orlando
- Day 12: Orlando to Panama City Beach via Tallahassee
- Day 13: Panama City Beach to New Orleans via Mobile
- Day 14: Depart New Orleans
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- IanWritten on July 10, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Loved it, it was just harder having to join an existing tour half way - Emily (Guide) and Jeff (Driver) were the best!
- SamanthaWritten on July 9, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Had an amazing trip! Our trip leader Emily was an absolute gem and for me is one of the reasons it has made the trip unforgettable. Very knowledgeable and professional when required but also very fun, friendly and approachable throughout the entire trip.
- NNicolaPalfreyWritten on July 7, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Emily was amazing and organised everything so well! A great trip.
- KKatieRoseJamiesonWritten on July 6, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was amazing and we saw some amazing place I especially loved Emily she way amazing and very informative about all of our destinations and gave the best recommendations on what to see and do as well as where to eat, she was the best tour guide that... Read more
- BBrookeRowanStannersWritten on July 6, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was excellent. I had a fantastic time, the itinerary was amazing and the optional extras were top quality. We had the best tour guide (Emily) and bus driver (Jeff) which really helped make the tour so enjoyable
- CourtneyWritten on June 7, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was my first Contiki trip and travelling solo and all I can say is wow!!!. I had the time of my life. I have meet so many amazing people, and have experienced some unbelievable sights. Thanks to Kade for conducting such a smooth and fun tour. His... Read more
- TTiaHendyWritten on June 5, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was a great way to see the country, learn the history and experience things the way a local would
- IImogenWritten on June 5, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
What a time! Perfect mix of fun activities and interesting history and culture of the country. Kade was awesome!
- MorganWritten on April 29, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great! Full of fun adventures and amazing sights. Also the best tour guide we could have hoped for.
- JessicaWritten on April 29, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was very good and a great experience that I am planning on doing again.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there free time to explore Washington, DC on the tour?
On the first full day in Washington, you will be able to have the entire afternoon and evening to explore on your own.
Will we have the option of visiting a theme park in Orlando?
Yes, you will have the option of visiting Universal Studios whilst in Orlando.
Do any of the departures overlap with Mardi Gras or Jazz Fest in New Orleans?
Unfortunately, none of the departures overlap with Mardi Gras or Jazz Fest.
- Contiki USA: Better Together Best With Us
- Travel Isn't About Where You Go...
- Contiki Experiences
- Contiki Munch
- Europe Summer Team
- Contiki Accomodation
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Laura20th May 2019
Eastern Discovery (Start New York City)
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- FridayAug 23, 2019from New York City14 DaysThursdaySep 5, 2019to New Orleans7 seats left$51USD $2,555
- FridaySep 6, 2019from New York City14 DaysThursdaySep 19, 2019to New Orleans10+ seats left$51USD $2,555
- FridayOct 11, 2019from New York City14 DaysThursdayOct 24, 2019to New Orleans10+ seats left$50USD $2,479
- FridayOct 25, 2019from New York City14 DaysThursdayNov 7, 2019to New Orleans10+ seats left$50USD $2,479
- FridayNov 8, 2019from New York City14 DaysThursdayNov 21, 2019to New Orleans9 seats left$50USD $2,479
- FridayDec 13, 2019from New York City14 DaysThursdayDec 26, 2019to New Orleans10+ seats left$50USD $2,479
- FridayDec 27, 2019from New York City14 DaysThursdayJan 9, 2020to New Orleans10+ seats left$50USD $2,479
- FridayJan 10, 2020from New York City14 DaysThursdayJan 23, 2020to New Orleans9 seats left$50USD $2,479
- FridayJan 31, 2020from New York City14 DaysThursdayFeb 13, 2020to New Orleans10+ seats left$50USD $2,479
- FridayFeb 21, 2020from New York City14 DaysThursdayMar 5, 2020to New Orleans7 seats left$50USD $2,479
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- New York City is the starting point and New Orleans is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 26 September 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 26 September 2019, a minimum payment of $99 is required to confirm your booking with Contiki. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Contiki. Please familiarise yourself with the Contiki payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- New York City (USA)
- 130 km
- Philadelphia (USA)
- 199 km
- Washington DC (USA)
- 376 km
- Raleigh (USA)
- 354 km
- Charleston (USA)
- 134 km
- Savannah (USA)
- 244 km
- St Augustine (USA)
- 81 km
- Daytona Beach (USA)
- 389 km
- Miami (USA)
- 326 km
- Orlando (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,479 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,994 tours in North America
- covered by 114 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Discovery (Start New York City)