Reef to Rock Overland
- +6 Destinations
- Australian Outback
- Alice Springs
Start in Cairns and end in Alice Springs! With the overland truck tour Reef to Rock Overland, you have a 7 day tour package taking you through Cairns, Australia and 6 other destinations in Australia. Reef to Rock Overland includes accommodation in a hostel and campsites as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hostel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Jeep & 4WD
- Travel style
- Overland truck
- Rather Poor
- SarahWritten on July 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy partner and I did the Reef to Rock Tour from Cairns to Alice Springs via Uluru, Kata-Tjutja and Kings Canyon in July 2017 and had a great time. The first part of the trip from Cairns to Alice includes a lot of driving, but the landscape is great and the campgrounds at night were special. We only were 4 guests on that first leg and our guide Ross was amazing. He showed us heaps of wildlife and stopped whenever we wanted to take a photo. The vehicle was a nice new 4 wheel drive and we had heaps of yummy food. The second part of the trip started from Alice Springs and took us to Uluru, Kata-Tjutja and Kings Canyon for another 3 days. The group was now bigger with 12 people and our guide Dave-Disco was fantastic as well. I can definitely recommend the trip even though I wouldn't want to do the long drive again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairns to Hughenden
- Day 2: Hughenden to Boulia
- Day 3: Boulia to Jervois Station
- Day 4: Jervois Station to Alice Springs
- Day 5: Alice Springs to Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Day 6: Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
- Day 7: Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shereen22nd June 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Cairns is the starting point and Alice Springs is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 December 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Reef to Rock Overland, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,352 km.
- Cairns (Australia)
- 466 km
- Hughenden (Australia)
- 210 km
- Winton (Australia)
- 326 km
- Boulia (Australia)
- 622 km
- Alice Springs (Australia)
- 345 km
- Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park (Australia)
- 134 km
- Kings Canyon (Australia)
- 248 km
- Alice Springs (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 951 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 69 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Reef to Rock Overland
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers