The Great Eastern
- Our saving
- US $ 1,880
- Rather Poor
- JTjessWritten on June 26, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Loved everyday of it, wish I had joined from the start!
- MMMoWritten on July 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip definitely surpassed all my expectations of the trip and it was simply from how our trip leader Judes facilitated the tour. Her amazing personality, genuine care for our satisfaction and passion/knlowedge of the history really made our trip a... Read more
- JosieWritten on July 20, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour was amazing, filled with incredible places and things to do. The accomodation was okay, but the location and how close we were was more important which made using a free day much easier. Tour guide Judes made the trip enjoyable for everyone, with... Read more
- Ssimeontw@hotmail.comWritten on June 9, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It was an awesome trip and Piotr was a massive part of that. A very fun guy to be away with and made the time a great one
- YTYoditWritten on December 10, 20154.0 - Good
Monika is an exceptional tour guide who is extremely well spoken for! With her wealth of knowledge and ability to remember the most minute detail, I wouldn't have wanted to have any one else leading our tour! Not only that but she knew exactly how to make... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks Yodit for kind words. Hope to see you again soon. Topdeck :)
- DanielaWritten on December 10, 20154.5 - Excellent
The one thing that really stood out about Monika is how much she cares about every single person on her tour. She not only wants to make sure you are having the experience of a lifetime, but she also wants to make sure you are safe. Monika has a wealth of... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks Daniela, Monika has been with Topdeck for couple years now and is very passionate about her job and passengers. Thanks Topdeck :)
- SpartacusWritten on May 14, 20154.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Accomodation: The places we stayed were quite nice. The exception being Mykonos which is a very basic cabin, think of a big sturdy tent with 4 beds, but you are never in the cabin and when you step out of your cabin you are hit with an amazing view so it's... Read more
- HHeatherWritten on December 13, 20144.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had the most amazing time on my TopDeck tour. I was so sad for it to end, I would have gladly stayed on that bus for at least another month and continued exploring all that Europe has to offer. Our trip leader, Barry Gallagher, went above and beyond for... Read more
- ThorWritten on June 20, 20144.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The places you see are great, the accommodation and included meals are far better than I was expecting. Mykonos was fantastic and the hotel locations are all convenient and well located. It varies between 3 and 8 people in a room depending on where you stay... Read more
- SarahWritten on November 6, 20124.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Athens
- Day 2: Athens to Mykonos
- Day 3: Mykonos
- Day 4: Mykonos
- Day 5: Mykonos to Athens
- Day 6: Athens to Meteora
- Day 7: Meteora to Tirana, Albania
- Day 8: Tirana to Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Day 9: Dubrovnik
- Day 10: Dubrovnik to Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Day 11: Sarajevo Belgrade, Serbia
- Day 12: Belgrade to Budapest, Hungary
- Day 13: Budapest
- Day 14: Budapest to Vienna, Austria
- Day 15: Vienna to Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 16: Prague
- Day 17: Prague
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Sailing with Topdeck
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for The Great Eastern covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Does Topdeck accommodate special dietary needs?
Topdeck can certainly accommodate dietary restrictions - simply write to us in the special requests section of your booking page and we'll pass on the message!
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi I am a trip leader at Topdeck. I decided to get into trip leading due to the perfect mix of travel..."
- "Hey there - my name is Judes and I am a Maltese Australian working as a European Trip Leader with Topdeck..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gerry, 64 years old6th November 2018
The Great Eastern
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- FridayApr 26, 2019from Athens17 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Prague5 seats left$303$2,089-10%USD $1,880
- FridayMay 17, 2019from Athens17 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$303$2,089-10%USD $1,880
- FridayMay 31, 2019from Athens17 DaysSundayJun 16, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$317$2,189-10%USD $1,970
- FridayJun 7, 2019from Athens17 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Prague0 seats left$109USD $2,189Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayJun 14, 2019from Athens17 DaysSundayJun 30, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$317$2,189-10%USD $1,970
- FridayJun 21, 2019from Athens17 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Prague9 seats left$317$2,189-10%USD $1,970
- TuesdayJun 25, 2019from Athens17 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$317$2,189-10%USD $1,970
- FridayJun 28, 2019from Athens17 DaysSundayJul 14, 2019to Prague9 seats left$333$2,299-10%USD $2,069
- TuesdayJul 2, 2019from Athens17 DaysThursdayJul 18, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$333$2,299-10%USD $2,069
- FridayJul 5, 2019from Athens17 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$333$2,299-10%USD $2,069
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGreece , Montenegro and Austria
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungary and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungary and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania, Croatia, Hungary, Austria and Czech Republic. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Athens is the starting point and Prague is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for The Great Eastern.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 January 2019 the full payment of $1,880 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1880 for The Great Eastern, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 153 km
- Mykonos (Greece)
- 153 km
- Athens (Greece)
- 272 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 228 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 134 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 74 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 134 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 90 km
- Srebrenica (Bosnia)
- 120 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,880 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,448 tours in Europe
- covered by 271 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Great Eastern