- Our saving
- US $ 2,603
- Explore the City of Lights
- Enjoy the snowy peaks of the Swiss Alps
- Experience Flamenco like a local in Barcelona
- Discover the mystery of Venice on a Gondola ride
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Bungalow
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ship, Ferry
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- JCJessWritten on December 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentFantastic trip, first time to Europe, had great time and could not have ask for a better trip leader in Johnny. He was very approachable, entertaining and helpful! Thanks for a great experience!Show detailed ratings
- SFShaeWritten on December 13, 20164.0 - GoodWas not completely what I expected, it was better. Ruta was incredibly knowledgable and helpful with absolutely everything. Accommodation could be slightly better but it does say hostel accommodation, so they were expected but one or two were extremely average. (Avignon especially) Some of the included meals (restaraunts) could have been a bit better but you get pretty much what you pay for. Topdeck chefs Other than that, pretty great experience overallShow detailed ratings
- MMatthewWritten on August 31, 20152.0 - Rather poorAt the end of my “Timeless Trail” tour, I was given a review form but there was not enough space on it for all of this so I wrote that I would follow up with an email to Topdeck, which I did. Ive waiting for them to respond to my emails before posting this, its been over a month since Ive been back with multiple emails and they still have not responded. I will never do a tour with Topdeck again, and will be sharing this with anyone I know who is considering a tour. After hearing about my experience and seeing photos, my colleague who works for a newspaper actually wanted to write an article on it. More information needs to be provided on your website before booking these tours. A night of accommodation prior to the tour should have been included. The hostel at the meeting point was sold out, and the only options for accommodation was $500 per night hotels, which I had to pay for. I then had to take a taxi(the trains were not open at that time) which was $100 from my hotel to the meeting point at 6am. If we are expected to be at a meeting point at a hostel at 6am, a night of accommodation prior to the tour should definitely be included. Topdeck should be responsible for the excessive costs I endured due to their lack of organization. Information on the accommodation should have been provided on the website. The fact that the hotel/hostel names were not provided until you paid in full leads me to believe that topdeck doesn’t want you to know where you would be staying until after when you could not get your money back. The accommodation provided was way below my standards. The places we stayed were DISGUSTING. I have to ask what the cost of our tour was covering - surely not the accommodation! Myself and others on my tour had to upgrade our accommodation more than a few times! I am not exaggerating on the disgusting part, in Avignon I had to stay in a closet (i’m not joking). They ran out of rooms so they put me and one other guy into a small room that had “private” on the door, which was clearly not meant to be a room. It was directly in front of the main entrance doors to the building, and the door didn’t lock. Literally, NO LOCK and NO KEYS TO OUR ROOM, we just had to push the door to get in. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I had to go out of my way to lock my valuables in somebody else's room which made it very inconvenient for everybody. My bed had hairs all over the sheets and the bed was definitely dirty. Everyone on the tour was worried they would wake up with bed bugs. The hotel “upgrades” should actually be called “downgrades” since they were all in worse shape than the hostels. The hotel upgrade in Nice for example, was so small and smelt vile. There were 4 beds squeezed into a tiny room that we couldn’t even get into from the sides, we had to crawl on from the front of the bed. We had to rent other rooms because it was too small to fit 4 guys in. Again, Topdeck should be responsible for these costs. Additionally, I hung my shorts out to dry on the drying rack and I now have rust stains all over them, which still wont come out after using a whole box of oxiclean Having to share 1 key between everybody in the room is not easy and makes it very difficult at the end of the day when you have to find where the person with the key is... Especially if they are still in town. Accommodations are way too far away from the cities/ not in the main areas, most of the time it took up to an hour to get where you needed to go and an hour to get back... this time adds up. Myself and 3 others actually had to stay at a resort in Mykonos at the end of our tour because we were so fed up with the provided accommodation and just wanted to feel safe at night as we didn’t the whole time prior. Thank God we upgraded, because we were meant to share with 4-5 other people in one tiny tin shed (Literally.. I have photos). There was no A/C for 6 people in a tin shed, seriously??? Also it should have been noted on the website that we are not to bring our suitcases onto Mykonos and are to pack a duffle bag with 3 days worth of stuff.... Maybe if this was mentioned to me prior to leaving for the tour I would have brought an extra bag, but really, why should we have to leave our stuff unsecure in a separate city? It should NOT be advertised as 2 days in each city, as by the time you get to the city on the first day it is night time and then you have only one day to tour around and get everything done. What is the point of a bathroom on the bus if we are not allowed to use it?? This should also be mentioned on the Topdeck website. At the start of the tour we are told to not use the bathroom on the bus, and if its an emergency we were only allowed to pee, and nothing else. We are made to feel bad if we use the bathroom, so this was awkward for me as I have a small bladder and need to pee every hour. Wifi should have been provided on the bus as advertised since 90% of the accommodations wifi DID NOT WORK. There should be proper ventilation on the bus so that 50% of the tour didn’t get sick like they did. Do they not have windows in buses now a days?? THE NEXT SECTION IS ON OUR MEALS The breakfast included was very scarce and wasn’t much of a breakfast at all, I am not a big breakfast eater so I never even eat that much but I was left hungry so I always had to buy food at the first stop on the bus. The breakfast in Avignon was a buffet style where at the end you were meant to give the workers your breakfast voucher that was provided by topdeck. On my tray I had 1c of cereal (no milk) and 1 croissant. When I arrived at the end of the line, the lady that worked there took the croissant off of my tray and put it back into the buffet. She said “your breakfast includes 1 thing, I take this away from you”. WHAT IS MY FOOD FUND COVERING??? Okay, so when you go on a tour you expect to eat meals that are authentic to that country. I can only think of one restaurant (in Barcelona) that had average food. We had only eaten at maybe 5 included restaurants the whole tour. The rest of our included dinners were made in a tent by the topdeck crew. In Italy, they made us pasta that I could have made at home, every evening (we never actually went to a restaurant). So, again I have to ask, what on earth is my food fund covering!? To sum this up, the accommodations were tiny and filthy, the food was very small portioned and cheap, no wifi, no bathroom. WHAT DID I PAY FOR? So much false advertisement on Topdeck's part. This tour is not worth the money. This was the worst travel experience I have ever had and reimbursements are expected.Show detailed ratings
- BenWritten on June 28, 20155.0 - ExcellentI'm so glad I had this experience:) it was a moment in my life that I'll never forget:) the friends I made as well as the memories that I've been apart of:) I can't believe that my trip finished so quickly:( if I had my time again I'd do it all overShow detailed ratings
- KKelseyWritten on December 13, 20144.5 - ExcellentBarry was very professional and all around a great trip leader!!Show detailed ratings
- LeandréWritten on August 14, 20145.0 - ExcellentIt was an absolutely amazing trip. Had so much fun and learned a lot from Beck our tour guide. Her knowledge of the different countries and and their history was outstanding. She was also very helpful in giving directions to help us find our way around and knew all the good places to eat and shop. I can recommend Top Deck to anyone as I saw no faults in accommodation, food or transport. It was an amazing summer with my new amazing family.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Paris, France
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris
- Day 4: Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
- Day 5: Swiss Alps
- Day 6: Swiss Alps to Avignon, France
- Day 7: Avignon to Barcelona, Spain
- Day 8: Barcelona
- Day 9: Barcelona to French Riviera, France
- Day 10: French Riviera including Monaco visit
- Day 11: French Riviera to Venice, Italy
- Day 12: Venice
- Day 13: Venice to Florence
- Day 14: Florence to Rome
- Day 15: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 16: Rome to Athens, Greece via Overnight Ferry
- Day 17: Athens
- Day 18: Athens to Mykonos
- Day 19: Mykonos
- Day 20: Mykonos
- Day 21: Mykonos to Athens
- Day 22: Athens
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Sailing with Topdeck
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can I join the tour in Paris?
Yes it is possible to join this tour in Paris, you will simply meet the group in the late afternoon at the joining point hotel in Paris. The price of the tour will not change, but you will not miss out on any of the Paris activities by selecting to join there. Please indicate at time of booking if you wish to join in Paris or London.
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for Timeless Trail covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi I am a trip leader at Topdeck. I decided to get into trip leading due to the perfect mix of travel..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
- WednesdayAug 1, 2018from London22 DaysWednesdayAug 22, 2018to Athens0 seats left$134USD $3,225
- WednesdayAug 8, 2018from London22 DaysWednesdayAug 29, 2018to Athens0 seats left$134USD $3,225
- WednesdayAug 15, 2018from London22 DaysWednesdaySep 5, 2018to AthensOnly 2 seats left$128USD $3,061
- WednesdayAug 22, 2018from London22 DaysWednesdaySep 12, 2018to Athens0 seats left$128USD $3,061
- WednesdayAug 29, 2018from London22 DaysWednesdaySep 19, 2018to Athens0 seats left$128USD $3,061
- WednesdaySep 5, 2018from London22 DaysWednesdaySep 26, 2018to Athens5 seats left$587$3,189-18%USD $2,603Book Now Hold my
- SundaySep 9, 2018from London22 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Athens0 seats left$128USD $3,061
- WednesdaySep 12, 2018from London22 DaysWednesdayOct 3, 2018to Athens0 seats left$128USD $3,061
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Italy and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- London is the starting point and Athens is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Timeless Trail.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 September 2018 the full payment of $2,603 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2603 for Timeless Trail, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 43 km
- Calais (France)
- 235 km
- Paris (France)
- 486 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 382 km
- Avignon (France)
- 357 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 490 km
- Nice (France)
- 445 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 244 km
- Pisa (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,603 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,723 tours in Europe
- covered by 240 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Timeless Trail