Trail of Columbus 2018 (San Sebastian)
- Visit the Valley of the Fallen
- Soak up the sun in San Sebastian
- Hit the cellars of Porto
- Taste delicious local tapas
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- debieWritten on June 15, 20183.5 - GoodAfter doing a similar style travel with Contiki, I had a good base to compare. Overall, the itinerary was good, but somewhat misleading on what's included. Top Deck needs to be clearer on what tours are included if there's a smaller group joining a larger one in a route. Those joining later were not included on some of the driving tours. Itinerary - Good, but expected to receive some maps on free days like how Contiki did. Suggestions were provided but received them late in some cities. Had to do my own research (essentially the whole purpose of me booking through a company is so that I wouldn't have to). Overall, the cities that we stopped to were great. Transportation - Great. The bus was clean, the driver was awesome (Michael). The driver really pulled through for us in cities to make sure we didn't have to walk too far and was super nice about luggage. Accommodation - Top Deck did a really good job in most cities with the hostels. They were decent and did not want to make you cringe for the most part. It was also well placed and within the city. Meals - The dinners were pretty good and they were great about dietary restrictions. Guide - Aileen was good, but not like the first guide I had on Contiki. Aileen was informative and clearly an experienced guide, but not as personable. While I was fine with her style, I felt others who are not as self-sufficient did not appreciate it as much. Her style of presenting info was also very fast and I understand for these types of trips it's a lot of info for a short period of time, but information gets lost and it's difficult to digest with others chatting away. This is probably due to her doing this specific tour for a while and the info is seamless to her at this point and the delivery feels more like a task more than anything. Overall, I think she did a good job. though. It's not easy leading 29+ (some reckless more than others) young people city to city.Show detailed ratings
- MAMilciWritten on May 29, 20184.0 - GoodVincenzo was the best tour guide! He definitely made the experience much more fun and enjoyable! I loved every city we visited. Truly an unforgettable experience.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentLoved eveything and how it was organized.Show detailed ratings
- MMiarkaRogersWritten on May 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentHad a great time on this tour. Vincenzo made us all feel welcome and taken care of, and he was such a fun trip leader. Thanks for the laughs, we all love you!Show detailed ratings
- ECEmilyWritten on August 21, 20172.5 - AveragePoor. A waste of money.Show detailed ratings
- MehranWritten on September 13, 20164.0 - GoodMost of it was cool - wish the buses had a better Air Con. system; If possible - it might best to now have people join the tour half way in because it becomes cliquey.Show detailed ratings
- EmmaWritten on August 17, 20144.5 - ExcellentThis tour is basically the second half of the Iberian Voyager tour. This meant that when I joined the tour in Lisbon 15 people left and 15 of us got on. This is one thing about the tour which I don't think anyone was made aware of when booking. However this didn't bother me, there were enough of us joining that you didn't feel like you were awkwardly joining a group of friends. Our tour guide and bus driver were fantastic, they really made the effort with everyone and no one was left out (Dave and Tomasz). Accommodation in Porto and Madrid was the best, especially Porto. The rest was average. Group dinners were brilliant, we had good food everywhere we went and I really felt like it was worth paying for that food fund. The only place I really felt we needed more time was Sintra, we stopped here on our way to Porto. I would recommend using one of your lisbon days to visit the Sintra in addition to going with the group as there is so much to see, a whole days worth, and we only ended up being there for 20 mins due to problems with public transport. Otherwise a fab tour that wasn't rushed with an amazing bunch of people!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Lisbon, Portugal
- Day 2: Lisbon
- Day 3: Lisbon to Porto
- Day 4: Porto
- Day 5: Porto to Madrid, Spain
- Day 6: Madrid
- Day 7: Madrid to San Sebastian
- Day 8: San Sebastian
- Day 9: San Sebastian to Barcelona
- Day 10: Barcelona
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How much spending money will I need?
Naturally everybody's spending varies. There are many souvenirs to be bought and a great social scene should you wish to join in! Many of your meals are included, so this really just leaves a few meals and your personal spending to budget for.
Throughout the trip, your Trip Leader will also inform you of optional activities which you can participate in so you have time to budget before you arrive at the next city. Most people budget approximately €70 per day including optional activities and some souvenirs.
Are you able to arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not available on this tour, which means that you will have to make your own way to the starting hotel and back to the airport at the end of the tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until shortly before the departure date, therefore the tour operator cannot confirm a set hotel list. We can advise that you will be staying in same-sex multi-share accommodation. Topdeck usually use a combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
Guides who have led this tour
- "CIAO BELLI! Here's Vincenzo (Vinnie for most of my Travellers), Italian through and through, after graduating..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
Trail of Columbus 2018 (San Sebastian)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$77USD $1,162
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJun 3, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$81USD $1,218
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJun 10, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$81USD $1,218
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJun 24, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$81USD $1,218
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 1, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$81USD $1,218
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 8, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$86USD $1,293
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$86USD $1,293
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 22, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$86USD $1,293
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 29, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$86USD $1,293
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayAug 5, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$86USD $1,293
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroPortugal and Spain
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Portugal and Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Lisbon is the starting point and Barcelona is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Trail of Columbus 2018 (San Sebastian).
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Trail of Columbus 2018 (San Sebastian), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- 23 km
- Sintra (Portugal)
- 271 km
- Porto city (Portugal)
- 421 km
- Madrid (Spain)
- 69 km
- Segovia (Spain)
- 317 km
- San Sebastian (Spain)
- 206 km
- Zaragoza (Spain)
- 256 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,841 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Trail of Columbus 2018 (San Sebastian)