Trail of Columbus
- Our saving
- US $ 1,269
- Visit the Valley of the Fallen
- Soak up the sun in San Sebastian
- Hit the cellars of Porto
- Taste delicious local tapas
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- MMiarkaRogersWritten on May 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentHad a great time on this tour. Vincenzo made us all feel welcome and taken care of, and he was such a fun trip leader. Thanks for the laughs, we all love you!Show detailed ratings
- MehranWritten on September 13, 20164.0 - GoodMost of it was cool - wish the buses had a better Air Con. system; If possible - it might best to now have people join the tour half way in because it becomes cliquey.Show detailed ratings
- EmmaWritten on August 17, 20144.5 - ExcellentThis tour is basically the second half of the Iberian Voyager tour. This meant that when I joined the tour in Lisbon 15 people left and 15 of us got on. This is one thing about the tour which I don't think anyone was made aware of when booking. However this didn't bother me, there were enough of us joining that you didn't feel like you were awkwardly joining a group of friends. Our tour guide and bus driver were fantastic, they really made the effort with everyone and no one was left out (Dave and Tomasz). Accommodation in Porto and Madrid was the best, especially Porto. The rest was average. Group dinners were brilliant, we had good food everywhere we went and I really felt like it was worth paying for that food fund. The only place I really felt we needed more time was Sintra, we stopped here on our way to Porto. I would recommend using one of your lisbon days to visit the Sintra in addition to going with the group as there is so much to see, a whole days worth, and we only ended up being there for 20 mins due to problems with public transport. Otherwise a fab tour that wasn't rushed with an amazing bunch of people!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Lisbon, Portugal
- Day 2: Lisbon
- Day 3: Lisbon to Porto
- Day 4: Porto
- Day 5: Porto to Madrid, Spain
- Day 6: Madrid
- Day 7: Madrid to San Sebastian
- Day 8: San Sebastian
- Day 9: San Sebastian to Barcelona
- Day 10: Barcelona
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 24, 2018
How much spending money will I need?
Naturally everybody's spending varies. There are many souvenirs to be bought and a great social scene should you wish to join in! Many of your meals are included, so this really just leaves a few meals and your personal spending to budget for.
Throughout the trip, your Trip Leader will also inform you of optional activities which you can participate in so you have time to budget before you arrive at the next city. Most people budget approximately €70 per day including optional activities and some souvenirs.
- May 24, 2018
Are you able to arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not available on this tour, which means that you will have to make your own way to the starting hotel and back to the airport at the end of the tour.
- July 19, 2016
What sort of accommodation will I stay on during this trip?
You will stay in same sex multi share accommodation. A combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
Guides who have led this tour
- "CIAO BELLI! Here's Vincenzo (Vinnie for most of my Travellers), Italian through and through, after graduating..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Trail of Columbus
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Barcelona0 seats left$32USD $1,269
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Barcelona9 seats left$32USD $1,269
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Barcelona9 seats left$32USD $1,269
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Barcelona0 seats left$32USD $1,269
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to Barcelona0 seats left$33USD $1,339
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to Barcelona0 seats left$33USD $1,339
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to Barcelona0 seats left$33USD $1,339
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to Barcelona0 seats left$33USD $1,339
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to Barcelona7 seats left$33USD $1,339Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Lisbon10 DaysMondayAug 13, 2018to Barcelona6 seats left$33USD $1,339Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroPortugal and Spain
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Portugal and Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Lisbon is the starting point and Barcelona is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Trail of Columbus.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 July 2018 the full payment of $1,269 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1269 for Trail of Columbus, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- 23 km
- Sintra (Portugal)
- 271 km
- Porto city (Portugal)
- 421 km
- Madrid (Spain)
- 69 km
- Segovia (Spain)
- 317 km
- San Sebastian (Spain)
- 206 km
- Zaragoza (Spain)
- 256 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,269 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,111 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Trail of Columbus