Trail of Columbus
- Our saving
- US $ 1,115
- Visit the Valley of the Fallen
- Soak up the sun in San Sebastian
- Hit the cellars of Porto
- Taste delicious local tapas
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- debieWritten on June 15, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
After doing a similar style travel with Contiki, I had a good base to compare. Overall, the itinerary was good, but somewhat misleading on what's included. Top Deck needs to be clearer on what tours are included if there's a smaller group joining a larger... Read more
- MAMilciWritten on May 29, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Vincenzo was the best tour guide! He definitely made the experience much more fun and enjoyable! I loved every city we visited. Truly an unforgettable experience.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Loved eveything and how it was organized.
- MMiarkaRogersWritten on May 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Had a great time on this tour. Vincenzo made us all feel welcome and taken care of, and he was such a fun trip leader. Thanks for the laughs, we all love you!
- ECEmilyWritten on August 21, 20172.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Poor. A waste of money.
- MehranWritten on September 13, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Most of it was cool - wish the buses had a better Air Con. system; If possible - it might best to now have people join the tour half way in because it becomes cliquey.
- EmmaWritten on August 17, 20144.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This tour is basically the second half of the Iberian Voyager tour. This meant that when I joined the tour in Lisbon 15 people left and 15 of us got on. This is one thing about the tour which I don't think anyone was made aware of when booking. However this... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Lisbon, Portugal
- Day 2: Lisbon
- Day 3: Lisbon to Porto
- Day 4: Porto
- Day 5: Porto to Madrid, Spain
- Day 6: Madrid
- Day 7: Madrid to San Sebastián
- Day 8: San Sebastián
- Day 9: San Sebastián to Barcelona
- Day 10: Barcelona
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How much spending money will I need?
Naturally everybody's spending varies. There are many souvenirs to be bought and a great social scene should you wish to join in! Many of your meals are included, so this really just leaves a few meals and your personal spending to budget for.
Throughout the trip, your Trip Leader will also inform you of optional activities which you can participate in so you have time to budget before you arrive at the next city. Most people budget approximately €70 per day including optional activities and some souvenirs.
Are you able to arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not available on this tour, which means that you will have to make your own way to the starting hotel and back to the airport at the end of the tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until shortly before the departure date, therefore the tour operator cannot confirm a set hotel list. We can advise that you will be staying in same-sex multi-share accommodation. Topdeck usually use a combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
Guides who have led this tour
- "CIAO BELLI! Here's Vincenzo (Vinnie for most of my Travellers), Italian through and through, after graduating..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Terence, 72 years old31st October 2018
Trail of Columbus
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$180$1,239-10%USD $1,115
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJun 3, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$188$1,299-10%USD $1,169
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJun 10, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$188$1,299-10%USD $1,169
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJun 24, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$188$1,299-10%USD $1,169
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 1, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$188$1,299-10%USD $1,169
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 8, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$200$1,379-10%USD $1,241
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$200$1,379-10%USD $1,241
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 22, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$200$1,379-10%USD $1,241
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayJul 29, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$200$1,379-10%USD $1,241
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Lisbon10 DaysMondayAug 5, 2019to Barcelona10+ seats left$200$1,379-10%USD $1,241
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroPortugal and Spain
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Portugal and Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Lisbon is the starting point and Barcelona is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Trail of Columbus.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 January 2019 the full payment of $1,115 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1115 for Trail of Columbus, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- 23 km
- Sintra (Portugal)
- 271 km
- Porto city (Portugal)
- 421 km
- Madrid (Spain)
- 69 km
- Segovia (Spain)
- 317 km
- San Sebastian (Spain)
- 206 km
- Zaragoza (Spain)
- 256 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,115 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,444 tours in Europe
- covered by 271 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Trail of Columbus