Colours of Peru - Small Group Tour of Peru - Lima to Lima
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 09:12:07
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Ian "We had an incredible holiday in Peru. We can't rate Viva Expeditions highly enough and would thoroughly recommend them to anybody considering visiting this amazing part of the world. From the time that we made initial enquiries and then bookings the staff at Viva Expeditions couldn't have been more helpful. The pre-trip information we were given was accurate and thorough. We arranged some add-on t..."
Start and end in Lima! With the in-depth cultural tour Colours of Peru - Small Group Tour of Peru - Lima to Lima, you have a 15 day tour package taking you through Lima, Peru and 6 other destinations in Peru. Colours of Peru - Small Group Tour of Peru - Lima to Lima is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as flights, an expert guide, meals and more.
- Age range
- 10 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- AnonymousWritten on January 25, 20155.0 - ExcellentOur group consisted of 14 people, some new friends and some old friends.....a fabulous group of individuals who were all vested in a great adventure. Looking forward to a follow up adventure with all of the and Viva Explorations.Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on November 16, 20145.0 - ExcellentWow, it became the standard start of all our sentences while we were there! Wow, that is beautiful, Wow, I can't believe what I'm seeing, Wow, I'm really here! This tour was an adventure, I sometimes struggled to get up the hill, but I always found it was worth the struggle, the views, the history, the understanding we gained about Peru, its people, its culture. I'm so impressed with the guide, the driver, the arrangements. And when the unexpected happened, which it probably always does, the guide, with the support of the company, took it in stride and made sure everyone was well cared for and activities weren't disrupted. I must say, I did not know how critical it was to have a trust company and guides, but I'm so grateful that we had them, they made this trip a joy! I hope to book with them again. I'm thinking of the Antarctica Trip in the future. If you are think of booking a Peru trip, I would recommend Viva Expeditions. They are the best!!Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on October 14, 20145.0 - ExcellentJust completed an amazing trip with Viva from Lima/Machu Picchu/Cusco/Amazon with Mel and Franco as our guides. We had a private group of 13 from New Zealand and Florida and can't say enough about the attention to detail and care we received. The truck was extremely comfortable to ride in and all the hotels were extremely clean and friendly. Meals were exceptional. I would recommend Viva Expeditions for anyone thinking about doing Peru and the Amazon Jungle excursion.Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on May 29, 2014Well what I time I had! The trip was wonderful, the truck amazing and Mel(Guide extraordinaire) and Franco (Driver extraordinaire) just the best. The care and attention they gave us was exceptional and nothing too much for them. I had a blast and loved every minute. I handled the differences in the culture, the altitude (due to Mel’s hints and tips), the buying, bargaining, changing money and did I mention the food! Such good quality and wonderful new tastes for this little Australian. Accommodation was terrific and so much variation! We always looked forward to the next day and finding out where we stayed – who could forget the hotel at Nazca which in fact was an old Nunnery and we were in a walled enclosure! And let’s not forget the quirky rooms at Puerto Inca butting onto Inca ruins or the wonderful local guides who were so enthusiastic and knowledgeable – I learnt such a lot. My ambition of visiting Machu Picchu was achieved and so awesome to have done this after so many years of dreaming. To Mel and Franco – many thanks for looking after me and showing me another world. I recommend this trip in the truck to anyone – we were so comfortable, plenty of room, in touch with Mel via the mic, had our own toilet and Mel looked after us with yummy ‘smoko’ every morning and lunch sometimes on the side of a mountain or maybe on a beach somewhere. How good was that? Mel could always find us as my brightly coloured coat was like a beacon. Franco’s humour was great, Mel’s attention to our needs always forefront. The sites I saw!!! Experiences!! I will never forget the tour and I am at a loss to pick ‘the best bit’. Helen
- IanWritten on December 1, 20125.0 - ExcellentWe had an incredible holiday in Peru. We can't rate Viva Expeditions highly enough and would thoroughly recommend them to anybody considering visiting this amazing part of the world. From the time that we made initial enquiries and then bookings the staff at Viva Expeditions couldn't have been more helpful. The pre-trip information we were given was accurate and thorough. We arranged some add-on trips through Viva and all the arrangements were made efficiently and the standard of the trips was also excellent. We travelled for 23 days in this amazing 4 wheel drive truck, luxuriously converted to carry up to 16 passengers. The seats were very comfortable and we had amazing visibility from the truck. The truck was able to go places that buses couldn't and yet we had a very comfortable ride. There was even an on board toilet! Our driver and tour leader were fantastic. They both spoke Spanish fluently and had several years experience taking tours in South America. They were knowledgeable, very organised also lots of fun. Nothing was too much trouble and they went out of their way to make sure we had an amazing experience. We were very pleasantly surprised with the good standard of accomodation that we had - classed as Superior Tourist Hotels. All the hotels were very comfortable and clean with en-suites. They were all better than we had expected. On this trip most of the evening meals and lunches were included. This was great as we all ate as a group which was more fun and we didn't have the concern about where we were going to eat each night! The trip included air flights over the Nazca lines, visiting Colca Canyon, entry to many archaeological sites and the Inca Trail and Macchu Picchu. At each place we had local guides who were incredibly passionate and knowledgeable. This was a fun and adventurous way to see Peru but totally stress free allowing Viva Expeditions to take care of everything!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on March 1, 2009We had the pleasure of touring extensively with Viva Expeditions. Both Rachel and Brendan made it a very comfortable, trouble free trip and their local knowledge and language skills were of immeasurable value. Highlights such as the breathless atmosphere of La Paz, the awesome scenery and history of the Inca trail , the overnight stay with a local family on an isolated island on Lake Titicaca, straddling the equator near Quito and the unforgettable experience in a genuine eco lodge situated on the Napo river in thick tropical rain forest, will stay with us. We feel that Viva Expeditions presents excellent value for money and we highly recommend them.
- AAnonymousWritten on February 23, 2009Myself and a group of friends did a tailor made tour based on the Lost Civilizations tour through Bolivia and Peru which we combined with an Explore Ecuador tour. We found it to be one of the most enjoyable trips we have ever done. Due to the fact that we were on a private tour we had the opportunity to decide what we wanted to do. We contacted Viva Expeditions and asked them to help us put a tour together, we told them the main things we wanted to see and do, how long we wanted to travel for and what sort of standard we recuired. Viva put together the perfect trip and we were impressed with the organization including attention to detail and the willingness of the crew to go the extra mile for us. We recomend this tour to anybody who wants something really special. Kind regards Jane Hudson
- AAnonymousWritten on December 3, 2008I would like to say that my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our Trip with Viva Expeditions. I felt that the local knowledge and passion that your and Brendan have for the country enhanced our holiday immensely. We were a more mature group, but this in no way deterred you from providing a fantastic experience catering to everyone's level of fitness. Our experience on the Inca Trail was great and being a small group had its advantages. The Guides had a great depth of knowledge and where easy to understand, at no time did we feel pushed for times it was a very well organised tour with a lot of side tours that were outside the norm. Accommodation was good and the local food and wine complemented the whole experience. Our journey through Chile, Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador was fantastic and we look forward to doing the Patagonia/Argentina tour in 2010. Would highly recommend this company and felt that Brendan and Rachel run a very professional company. Pauline Verrall New Zealand
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: Arrival transfer in Lima
- DAY 2: Lima City Tour
- DAY 3: Lima to Puno via Sillustani
- DAY 4: Uros and Taquile Islands
- DAY 5: Puno to Cusco by Bus
- DAY 6: Sacred Valley Full Day Tour
- DAY 7: Machu Picchu
- DAY 8: Cusco City Tour
- DAY 9: Cusco: Day at Leisure
- DAY 10: Cusco to Puerto Maldonado
- DAY 11: Amazon Activities
- DAY 12: Amazon Activities
- DAY 13: Puerto Maldonado to Lima
- DAY 14: Lima: Free day
- DAY 15: Transfer to the airport for onward destination
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Lima.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Viva Expeditions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Colours of Peru - Small Group Tour of Peru - Lima to Lima, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Viva Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Viva Expeditions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,587 km.
- Lima (Peru)
- 869 km
- Puno (Peru)
- 334 km
- Cusco (Peru)
- 24 km
- Sacred Valley (Peru)
- 47 km
- Machu Picchu (Peru)
- 65 km
- Cusco (Peru)
- 317 km
- Puerto Maldonado (Peru)
- 37 km
- Tambopata National Reserve (Peru)
- 37 km
- Puerto Maldonado (Peru)
- 856 km
- Lima (Peru)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,239 tours in Latin America
- covered by 102 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Colours of Peru - Small Group Tour of Peru - Lima to Lima via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Colours of Peru - Small Group Tour of Peru - Lima to Lima