Iceland Winter Adventure
- Our saving
- US $ 1,136
- +5 Destinations
- South Iceland
- Journey to the Golden Circle
- Witness the power of geysers
- Visit the beautiful Gullfoss Waterfall
- Relax in geothermal pools
- Age range
- 20 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Adventure, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- DDavidWritten on February 23, 20184.5 - ExcellentGreat trip, Sarah who was guiding for the first time was well briefed and had all the information needed. The excursions were well put together. The group was eclectic and fun, the accommodation very suitable and well located and the recommended eateries were good for me, though there was plenty of other choices anyway. Iceland is expensive but the trip as whole was well within the expected budget and there were no surprises. Overall a good experience for my first trip, I'd do it again, and probably will.Show detailed ratings
- VBValerieWritten on November 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe had a wonderful time in Iceland! Let us describe why. Our tour guide, Jonas, was very knowledgeable, friendly, and funny. He was always answering our questions, putting Icelandic music on his phone for us to listen to, and telling us stories about life in Iceland. He also surprised us by taking us to see Icelandic horses and trying ice cream from a dairy farm. Jonas was always on time and had a very positive demeanor. Also, our hostess for the trip, Anousha, was very sweet and always taking care of us. She did a great job for being her first time as a hostess. The hotel was comfortable and close to many restaurants and stores but the only thing we dislike was the limited breakfast options. We ended eating the same everyday for the lack of options. Still, we enjoyed our stay there. The best thing of the tour was the places we visited. Iceland is a very beautiful country perfect for nature lovers! We were awestruck at how much beauty we saw. Of course, what made us enjoy the places more was the organization of the tour. Our tour guide let us wander the areas for a period of time and we never encountered any issues with transportation or someone getting lost. If this is your first time visiting Iceland we will highly recommend that you consider this tour. Our guide, hostess, and the group of people we travelled with made the experience much better and enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
- MMelanieWritten on June 29, 20164.5 - ExcellentMy Solo travellers trip to Iceland at the begin of February 2016 was superb! This country was everything and more of what I was expecting, it didn't disappoint. Our local guide, 60yr old Day didn't seem a day over 40, he was very friendly and informative about his beloved country. Always happy to help and advise on the area making it a very memorable and enjoyable experience. We saw everything that the weather would allow as it did start off a bit wet and windy so it wasn't Northern Lights accessible but that didn't put a dampener on proceedings as we took in the local culture at the many museums and places of interest in Reykjavik. Once the weather cleared after a beautiful relaxing time at the Blue Lagoon, a must for anyone visiting, we managed to get out to view the lights and waited with anticipation for the wondrous show to take place. The Northern Lights are a spectacular experience and can range from strengths only to appear on clear weather nights in the darkest places away from the city lights. We managed to experience a level 2 showing on the scale up to 10. It was mesmerising and topped off one of the best holiday trips I have ever taken. I would definitely go back again to experience more of the Iceland wonders that are on offer but would advise if you are wanting to see the Northern Lights especially perhaps take the Solo traveller trip - Northern Lights Safari, Tromso in Norway as this is renowned for this spectacular and I'll certainly be heading there soon :)Show detailed ratings
- KKateWritten on June 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentIceland is such a beautiful country, the scenery on this trip was absolutely breathtaking, especially at the Thingvellir National Park. The Blue Lagoon was another highlight - we visited at night under the stars which was really amazing. The restaurants we visited in Reykjavik were all great and we were served some really delicious, high quality food. This trip was also good for those who wanted to go off and do extra activities such as glacier-hiking and whale watching. AND we got to see the Northern Lights which was a big bonus! Would highly recommend this trip, Iceland is suchhh an amazing country and needs to be seen!Show detailed ratings
- TMTajWritten on May 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on a trip to Iceland with the Solo Travellers company and I must say I had such a wonderful and memorable experience. The guides were friendly and really knew their stuff. The host on the trip was really well organised and made sure everyone was included. The accommodation was very comfortable and well located..We could easily walk into Reykjavik city centre..Iceland itself was breathtaking and we even got to see the Northern Lights..which was the icing on the cake for a truly unforgettable holiday. I would thoroughly recommend using Solo Travellers and have travelled with them several times..And have even made some good friends as everyone is so friendly.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Reykjavik
- Day 2: Golden Circle Tour / Northern Lights
- Day 3: The Blue Lagoon
- Day 4: Reykjavik / Free Day
- Day 5: Depart Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does the tour price include the airfare?
For this tour they use multi-share hostel rooms which sleep 4-6 people. Hostel rooms are divided by gender so you would only share with travellers of the same sex.
Will we try to catch the Northern Lights at all on this package?
Yes, there is a Northern Lights excursion included as part of the itinerary.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Codi, 25 years old28th September 2018
Iceland Winter Adventure
- ThursdayNov 15, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayNov 19, 2018to Reykjavik5 seats left$35USD $1,136
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Solo Travellers Group Holidays booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 December 2018 the full payment of $1,136 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1136 for Iceland Winter Adventure, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Solo Travellers Group Holidays will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Solo Travellers Group Holidays tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Strokkur Geyser (Iceland)
- 9 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 88 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,136 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,394 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Iceland Winter Adventure via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iceland Winter Adventure