Rome to Nice and Barcelona Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,624
- Discover Vatican and historic Rome
- Walk around amazing Florence
- Get inspired by Nice and Monaco
- Explore Gaudi's Barcelona
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Plane
- Travel style
- Private / Custom, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- TRTimWritten on January 21, 20183.5 - GoodWe took the Rome to Barcelona Adventure tour in January 2018. The good news was that every hotel and train reservation provided were correct and accepted. The challenges were that some of the accommodations were not located centrally, for example Florence where the hotel was 30 minutes outside the city center. This required $50 of taxi fare daily to get to town (literally the last stop on the bus line). The train ride from La Spezia to Nice was booked as local and took 3 hours with many stops. This should have been booked on an express route. The air trip from Nice to Barcelona was booked on a ticket that allowed only one bag, so I was charged $60 at the airport to board the plane with my computer bag and 1 suitcase, while my wife threw out many items to consolidate to one bag. The plane was boarded by walking out onto the runway, going down a long ladder, and then up a long ladder all while carrying your bags with you (fortunately it was not raining). Even though the tickets are arranged month(s) ahead, Tourradar will send the itinerary to you 10 days prior to departure, so there is no time for adjustments or requests. The tour tickets booked were often for a minimal tour or a free tour (guides asking for $ at end of tour). For instance in Florence all others in our group went inside the Duomo, but not my wife and I. I had booked tickets ahead to see Michelangelo's David, otherwise we would have not been able to enter. The travel tickets (train and airfare) were booked with no re-schedule or flexible time options, so missing an appointment would have meant buying another ticket (fortunately we did not). All in it was okay for our first trip to Europe however I would not do it again.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Tim, Thank you very much for the review. We are always keen to hear about travellers experience therefore it gives us a change to improve. I would like to mention that the Hotel in Florence is located near train station and it takes 15 minutes walking to Duomo. As far as Florence city center is not allowed to enter by car, taxis have to make a long way round to enter the city from the opposite side and it actually takes 30 mins to do so. Flight from Nice to Barcelona always includes one 23kg checked bag and one bag in cabin not more 8kg, other extra bags are paid by the travellers themselves. As a standard rule we send the Voucher 10-14 days prior to departure. All the changes should be requested before booking the tour, though we can make some changes and/or extra nights, sightseeing tours after the booking, but not after the Voucher has been sent. Duomo in Florence is not included and can purchased as an extra. All our tours have a certain schedule and we ask our travellers to follow it up. Nevertheless, we hope you enjoyed your trip to Europe. Best regards, Discovery Nomads Team.
- MAMichaelWritten on February 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe loved the trip, it was an absolutely amazing journey! Beautiful cities and perfect hotels, guides were very nice and we learned of lot!Show detailed ratings
- SSebastianWritten on May 30, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had fantastic time on this tour!!! Everything was perfect and route is TOP! Also I didn’t expect such expensive hotels and was pleasantly surprised! Tour guides were nice, especially friendly was Greg, a guide who lead our Nice to Monaco sightseeing tour. Cote d’Azur is just amazing, I loved this part of the trip a lot. Truly an experience I will never forget and I got a lot of friends during the trip!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Rome
- Day 2-3 Florence
- Day 4-5 Cinque Terre
- Day 6-7 Nice/Monaco
- Day 8-9 Barcelona
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How do I meet the local guides?
Meeting points are usually located close to the visited sites and will be specified in your final trip documents. Travellers will need to get to the meeting point by themselves using public transportation.
When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends on the morning of Day 9 in Barcelona. You're free to depart at any time or spend the day exploring the city further.
When and where does the tour start?
The tour commences in Rome on Day 1, with a packed itinerary exploring the city's biggest attractions. The time and place of your tour meeting points will be confirmed once your final trip documents are released.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
Rome to Nice and Barcelona Adventure Tour
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- TuesdaySep 25, 2018from Rome9 DaysWednesdayOct 3, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
- WednesdaySep 26, 2018from Rome9 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Rome9 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Rome9 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
- TuesdayOct 9, 2018from Rome9 DaysWednesdayOct 17, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
- WednesdayOct 10, 2018from Rome9 DaysThursdayOct 18, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
- TuesdayOct 16, 2018from Rome9 DaysWednesdayOct 24, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
- WednesdayOct 17, 2018from Rome9 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Rome9 DaysWednesdayOct 31, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Rome9 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats left$491$2,115-23%USD $1,624
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroItaly , France and Spain
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rome is the starting point and Barcelona is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Discovery Nomads booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2018 the full payment of $1,624 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1624 for Rome to Nice and Barcelona Adventure Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Discovery Nomads will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Discovery Nomads tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 129 km
- Cinque Terra (Italy)
- 202 km
- Nice (France)
- 490 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,624 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,841 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Rome to Nice and Barcelona Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Rome to Nice and Barcelona Adventure Tour