Back in the USSR - 7 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,435
- St Petersburg
- Roam Red Square and St Basil’s Cathedral
- Step behind the walls of the Kremlin
- Indulge in the Winter Palace’s art collection
- Spend a night at the Russian Ballet
- Stroll the iconic Church on Spilled Blood
- Age range
- 28 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Local Transport
Other reviews about On The Go Tours:Write a review
- Natasha Scott/Craig's review about another On The Go Tours tour4.5 - ExcellentAmazing Tour ! Seriously we had the best guide ever, Dasha was so so kind & thoughtful to all on our tour, making sure w... Read more
- Ellie's review about another On The Go Tours tour4.5 - ExcellentGreat tour, well organised, helpful and friendly tour leaders
- Veronique's review about another On The Go Tours tour4.0 - GoodVery nice trip. Darya our guide is smiley, knowledgeable and very helpful. The hotel in St Petersburg is basic but very ... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Moscow
- Day 2: Red Square & The Kremlin
- Day 3: Inside a Soviet Bunker
- Day 4: St Pete's City tour & Church on Spilled Blood
- Day 5: Fountains of Peterhof or Catherine Palace
- Day 6: Hermitage Tour & Soviet era Communal Apartment tour
- Day 7: St Petersburg
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 22, 2017
What hotels do you use for the "Back in the USSR" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Izmailovo Gamma Delta , Moscow
- Asteria Hotel, St Petersburg
- June 17, 2016
I am wondering how long it will take to receive a invitation visa to Russia. Also I am wondering if there will be an english tour guide for the 2nd July Trip- it doesn't specify on the brochure- I am also wondering how many people will be on the 2nd July Tour.
After you make payment for this booking they can get you an invitation letter in 48 hours.
The 2nd July is a guaranteed departure and there are other 4 people booked on it. The tour leader is english speaking, that is right.
Since we are so close to the departure this booking would be on request, this means that the tour operator will need to contact their hotel suppliers and local offices to check that it is possible for you to join the tour - this will require full payment.
In order to request your confirmed space on this tour, we will process your payment and send your request to On the Go Tours. Please note this request can take between 2 - 3 working days to receive an answer due to time differences and elements outside of the operator's control. If your place is available, you'll be booked and confirmed on the tour, if space is not available, then we will issue a full refund.
Please note that once the request has been sent, should you choose to cancel, regular terms and conditions for cancellation will apply (ie: 100% loss of payment within 30 days to departure).
I can also add the they have a 20% off on this departure date and you can get a twin share room for AU$1719.20 per person. If you are travelling solo and prefer to have your own room you can add a single supplement (not mandatory) for AU$829.00
- June 1, 2016
I am wondering how long it will take to receive an invitation visa to Russia.
The tour operator confirmed that after you make payment for this booking they can get you an invitation letter in 48 hours.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki22nd December 2017
Back in the USSR - 7 days
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SundayApr 1, 2018from Moscow7 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to Tallinn10+ seats left$60USD $1,435Based on Double Room
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Moscow7 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to Tallinn10+ seats left$60USD $1,435Based on Double Room
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Moscow7 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Tallinn10+ seats left$72USD $1,723Based on Double Room
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Moscow7 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to Tallinn10+ seats left$88USD $2,107Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Moscow7 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to Tallinn0 seats left$88USD $2,107Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Moscow7 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to Tallinn10+ seats left$88USD $2,107Based on Double Room
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Moscow7 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Tallinn10+ seats left$64USD $1,531Based on Double Room
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Moscow7 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Tallinn10+ seats left$64USD $1,531Based on Double Room
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Moscow7 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Tallinn10+ seats left$64USD $1,531Based on Double Room
- SundayMar 3, 2019from Moscow7 DaysSaturdayMar 9, 2019to Tallinn10+ seats left$60USD $1,435Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia and Estonia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia and Estonia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia and Estonia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Moscow is the starting point and St Petersburg is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 March 2018 the full payment of $1,435 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1435 for Back in the USSR - 7 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Moscow (Russia)
- 867 km
- Tallinn (Estonia)
- 317 km
- St Petersburg (Russia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,435 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,981 tours in Europe
- covered by 178 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,261 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 17,282 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours