Highlights of Spain and Portugal 2018/19
- Our saving
- US $ 2,043
- View the hanging houses In Cuenca.
- Explore the Towers of Serrano and Quart.
- Travel through the ‘sierras' to view the troglodyte cave dwellings at Guadix.
- Visit the Cathedral Mosque of Córdoba
- Explore all of Lisbon's attractions.
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- DVDarleneWritten on October 7, 20183.0 - AverageWay too ma y people on tour. Was a herd of people to contend with involving delays and inabity to view sites or even take photographsShow detailed ratings
- LDLionelWritten on September 15, 20184.5 - ExcellentPlus: The Tour Director was excellent, well-organized, patient, understanding, and always willing to compromise to accommodate members of the group. I would give her a 10+. Overall: The tour was excellent Itinerary: I would have preferred perhaps one additional day in Portugal (driving north and, after fatima - perhaps Oporto?). Transportation: We had an air conditioning problem which was taken care of in the shortest possible delay. Accommodation: One hotel had smaller rooms - location?, but the rest of them were excellent. Meals: Farewell supper had steak included, unfortunately, it was not cooked as requested and the quality was poor - some guests mentioned that the alternative (Salmon) was very good.Show detailed ratings
- SSandraChandlerWritten on September 10, 20184.0 - GoodOur guide Miguel and Paolo our driver were fantastic.We at all times felt safe in the coach The included meals were very good . There is a huge amount of driving but I cannot see how this would be avoided with the distances required to travel . The optional tours are a must . Sintra was our favourite . The local guides were knowledgeable and passionate about their toursShow detailed ratings
- SSDjieWritten on September 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentSaw a lot in 13 days. Good balance of free and guided time. Pace was good. Madrid hotel could have been closer. Lisbon and Madrid city tours lacked depth but there was enough free time to make up for it. Great overall though!Show detailed ratings
- LGLISAWritten on August 31, 20185.0 - ExcellentDaisy was the most wonderful TD! We also had a fabulous bus driver Jouis ! Every day she had a huge smile on her face and made us laugh! She was extremely attentive to everyone’s questions and needs! I truly enjoyed traveling with her as my tour guide and I would definitely choose her again if I had the opportunity! The trip was filled with so many wonderful experiences throughout Spain and Portugal! I especially enjoyed all of the “hidden treasures” and the Be My Guest experience on the ranch! Even though I was a solo traveler I felt like part of a huge family! I definitely look forward to traveling with Trafalgar again next summer!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe tour was awesome! I really enjoyed every minute especially the hidden treasures and Be My Guest experience!Show detailed ratings
- DeniseWritten on August 1, 20183.5 - GoodLunch stop we're below average and so was our guide and the excursion were well over priced and not that good. Our first Trafalgar trip and more than likely our last. There better value trips out thereShow detailed ratings
- DDianeSlyeWritten on July 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentMy first experience of Spain so everything was a new experience. Tania was very knowledgeable and helpful and explained everything to us from meal times to pickup times. The included tours catered for most and the optional ones offered enough variety to decide what you wished to do. Some of the local guides spoke a bit too long when more free time would have been appreciated. I understand it is hard to pick things to appeal to all guests but more free time in places, or some place, would have been appreciated by the majority on my tour.Show detailed ratings
- EElaineBegleyWritten on May 20, 20184.0 - GoodThe thing we liked most was being given historical information and visiting cities we wouldn't have otherwise thought to go to. For example Toledo and Salamanca as well as all of Morocco, it was great to have local guides. Kassie was fabulous along with both bus drivers. Kassie had such patience with people being late and others who did not understand basic instructions. Our hats off to her, job well done.Show detailed ratings
- LLalWarusevitaneWritten on May 20, 20184.0 - GoodKassie was awesome,I am happy to say that she was the best travel director ,I have ever traveled with. she looked after us so well,inquiring about every thing. Her knowledge in history & the commentaries she gave were excellent. It would be very hard to beat the standards she set as a travel director for anybody. we love ytou KassieShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Madrid
- Day 2: Madrid – Cuenca – Valencia
- Day 3: Valencia – Guadix – Granada
- Day 4: Granada – Córdoba – Seville (3 Nights)
- Day 5: Seville Sightseeing
- Day 6: Seville – Jerez and Cádiz Excursion
- Day 7: Seville – Algarve Region
- Day 8: Algarve – Lisbon Sightseeing (2 Nights)
- Day 9: Lisbon
- Day 10: Lisbon – Fátima – Salamanca
- Day 11: Salamanca – Toledo – Madrid (2 Nights)
- Day 12: Madrid Sightseeing
- Day 13: Depart Madrid
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
- Connect With Locals - Seville
- The Icons | Seville, Spain
- Stays with Stories | Las Casa de la Judeira | Seville, Spain
- Trafalgar Travel | The Good Life | Spain
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does this tour end?
Your tour ends with a buffet breakfast. However, you are more than welcome to leave earlier as well. Airport transfers are also available, though conditions apply. Please contact our Customer Support team for more information.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are as below and can be booked once you are on the tour:
Paella Experience. Adult Price: €52.00
Gypsy Night Out In Old Granada. Adult Price: €34.00
Discover The Origin Of “Tapas” & Evening in Old Seville. Adult Price: €53.00
Flamenco: Experience The Best Show In Town. Adult Price: €40.00
The Moorish Alcazar & Plaza América. Adult Price: €40.00
Flamenco, The Best Show In Town With a Three-Course Dinner. Adult Price: €69.00
Wonders Of The Algarve. Adult Price: €34.00
Gourmet Dinner, Parliament, Exclusive Estrela & Evening Orientation. Adult Price: €53.00
Seafood Dinner By The Tagus River. Adult Price: €53.00
Portuguese Fado Evening Of Music & Song With Dinner. Adult Price: €66.00
The Golden Triangle: Sintra, Cascais & The Estoril Coast. Adult Price: €46.00
Dinner & Discovery In Old & New Madrid. Adult Price: €61.00
Segovia World Heritage Site - Its Ancient Aqueduct & Fairy-tale Castle. Adult Price: €45.00
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
A single supplement is available for this tour. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact our Customer Support team to arrange this. If you are okay to share, you will be roomed with a fellow traveller of the same gender at no additional cost.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
Highlights of Spain and Portugal 2018/19
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Madrid13 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $2,225Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Madrid13 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $2,225Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayNov 25, 2018from Madrid13 DaysFridayDec 7, 2018to Madrid8 seats leftUSD $2,225
- SundayDec 16, 2018from Madrid13 DaysFridayDec 28, 2018to Madrid7 seats leftUSD $2,325
- FridayDec 21, 2018from Madrid13 DaysWednesdayJan 2, 2019to MadridOnly 1 seat leftUSD $2,475Book Now Hold my
- MondayDec 24, 2018from Madrid13 DaysSaturdayJan 5, 2019to MadridOnly 1 seat leftUSD $2,475Book Now Hold my
- SundayDec 30, 2018from Madrid13 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$124$2,475-5%USD $2,351
- SundayJan 13, 2019from Madrid13 DaysFridayJan 25, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$111$2,225-5%USD $2,114
- SundayFeb 3, 2019from Madrid13 DaysFridayFeb 15, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$111$2,225-5%USD $2,114
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from Madrid13 DaysFridayFeb 22, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$108$2,150-5%USD $2,043
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSpain and Portugal
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Madrid.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 December 2018 the full payment of $2,043 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2043 for Highlights of Spain and Portugal 2018/19, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Madrid (Spain)
- 138 km
- Cuenca (Spain)
- 164 km
- Valencia (Spain)
- 340 km
- Guadix (Spain)
- 43 km
- Granada (Spain)
- 131 km
- Cordoba (Spain)
- 121 km
- Seville (Spain)
- 78 km
- Jerez (Spain)
- 22 km
- Cadiz (Spain)
- 99 km
- Seville (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,043 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 19 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Spain and Portugal 2018/19