Russian Revolution - 9 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,811
- Take a city tour of St Petersburg
- Visit Peterhof Palace
- Discover Novgorod and its sights
- Explore Moscow
- Visit Red Square and the Kremlin
- Age range
- 16 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- CCorleenKingstonWritten on August 6, 20184.0 - GoodOur group was an eclectic mix of ages and from 6 different countries which made for a fascinating group of travel companions. With all those different arrivals and departures it would normally be a bit of a headache for any guide but the wonderful Olga coped admirably with it all. Olga speaks perfect English and her historical and local knowledge is second to none. Tolerant, patient and always with a ready smile, Olga made our visit to Russia a joy. Cultural tours can, at times, be a bit too formal but this tour was huge fun too - another plus for Olga. On a personal level, I loved the mix of ages and would look for another tour with the same idea, so will be looking at Onthego again in the future.Show detailed ratings
- NSNatashaWritten on July 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentAmazing Tour ! Seriously we had the best guide ever, Dasha was so so kind & thoughtful to all on our tour, making sure we were always enjoying ourselves, learning and having a great time. The trip had an ideal itinerary, and was a trip that really will be remembered forever.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for taking the time to write about your tour in Russia. We are glad to hear that your experience was really enjoyable. Dasha was voted our Best Guide in Russia for 2016 and we are thrilled to hear that your tour will be something you remember forever. We look forward to welcoming you on another tour wiht us in the future.
- AAnonymousWritten on October 22, 2007In August of last year I did a tour with On the Go to Russia. One of the best tours I have ever done. Our tour guide Katya was very informative and very passionate about her country. The tour was packed with exciting things to do and see which gave you a taste of the country yet gave you some freedom to get out and explore what there was to see on your own as well. Some of the absolute highlights of the trip were The Kremlin, Stalin's tomb, The Church of the Spilt Blood (St Petersburg) and St Basils Cathedral. The age group of the tour was quite varied. The ages ranged from 25 up to roughly 50. I recommend doing such a tour because it offers you things to do and places to go that you wouldn't normally see if going by yourself. Russia in particularly is a great place to go with a group as OTG help you to organise your letter of invitation and also your visa which can sometimes be rather difficult to get. Def worth a visit and if doing so, give On the Go, a go!
- AAnonymousWritten on August 23, 2007By far the highlight to the tour is St Petersburg. I would suggest doing this only, but there's always the case of "if you go to Russia, you have to go to Moscow". The best bible to have is a Lonely Planet (or equivalent), and you'll find that you can get around the city relatively easily and at low costs. Make sure you utilise the mini van services (usually 15 roubles per trip, regardless of length), and those can be taken to and from the airport to the metro. Best spots are of course the Hermitage, and the summer palace, but try and get to a number of the older museums (which will normally charge more for tourists) and train up on your Russian to ask for English guides (either human or written). From there, the rest is easy.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: St Petersburg
- Day 2: St Petersburg City Tour
- Day 3: Peterhof or Catherine Palace
- Day 4: Time to Explore
- Day 5: Novgorod
- Day 6: Moscow
- Day 7: The Kremlin
- Day 8: Red Square
- Day 9: Moscow
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What hotels do you use for the "Russian Revolution" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Asteria Hotel, St Petersburg
- Yurievskoe Podvorie, Novgorod
- Izmailovo Gamma Delta , Moscow
Do you offer packages with flights?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
Is the age range a suggestion only? I'm in that range but will be travelling with my son who is 24.
The age range for this tour is a suggestion, so your son will be able to travel with you. However, please note that majority of the passengers on the tour will fall into the suggested age bracket.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
Russian Revolution - 9 days
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from St Petersburg9 DaysSundayMar 31, 2019to Moscow8 seats left$285$2,095-14%USD $1,811Based on Double Room
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from St Petersburg9 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Moscow9 seats left$285$2,095-14%USD $1,811Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from St Petersburg9 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Moscow10+ seats left$299$2,195-14%USD $1,897Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from St Petersburg9 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to Moscow9 seats left$299$2,195-14%USD $1,897Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from St Petersburg9 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Moscow8 seats left$299$2,195-14%USD $1,897Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from St Petersburg9 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Moscow7 seats left$299$2,195-14%USD $1,897Based on Double Room
- SaturdayAug 3, 2019from St Petersburg9 DaysSundayAug 11, 2019to Moscow8 seats left$299$2,195-14%USD $1,897Based on Double Room
- SaturdayAug 24, 2019from St Petersburg9 DaysSundaySep 1, 2019to Moscow9 seats left$299$2,195-14%USD $1,897Based on Double Room
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from St Petersburg9 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Moscow9 seats left$299$2,195-14%USD $1,897Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- St Petersburg is the starting point and Moscow is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 November 2018 the full payment of $1,811 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1811 for Russian Revolution - 9 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- St Petersburg (Russia)
- 728 km
- Vladimir (Russia)
- 180 km
- Moscow (Russia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,811 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Russian Revolution - 9 days